What does it cost to demo and build up from scratch?
Swati Shah
We live in our 1975 built home- made some minor improvements- have a huge yard 13k sq feet infested with gofers- our home creeks more than we like it to.. I often wonder about the structural soundness of an old home and adding anything to it.. We would like more room to entertain and someone suggested adding a few hindered sq feet... I honestly would like some major changes instead to make my floor plan more open.. But because it is a two story I am aware of the costs and regulations for our own safety. What do you all recommend?

Thanks
Swati
Marilyn Wilkie
I would recommend that you pay for some professional advice on this. Have the gophers undermined your foundation? Digging animals can do a lot of damage. We once owned a house with an old barn and the concrete floor of the barn had collapsed because groundhogs had been burrowing under it for many years. Currently we have a chipmunk problem under our garage. I think you would benefit from some guidance.
January 15, 2014 at 6:50AM     
Help! Need help with the exterior of my house!
Any ideas on how to spruce up the front of my house?...
HELP! My house is too brown. Need help with exterior colours!
I have attached a BROWN picture of the exterior of...
Which do you prefer gas or electric stoves?
We were just having a discussion the other day with...
Best yellow for daylight basement
Our daylight basement is used for laundry, an extra...
Exterior Update Immediately
What are some inexpensive ways to update the exterior...