Please help me pull this living room together
bunecca
We recently purchased these two chair and a halfs, but they seem a little big for the space. They are a different style from the blue tufted setee, as I was going for an eclectic look. Not sure if it works? There isn't money in the budget to make another big furniture purchase, so I would love ideas on how to arrange the room.
A yellow/gold rug will be arriving from West Elm, which should help to ties things together.
Should I swap the placement of the chairs and setee?
What about placement of an end table and lamp? Or a big blanket basket or garden stool?

Also, I can't decide if I want to add curtains to the living room and kitchen to add color. I love the clean look of the woodwork, but does it look "blah"?
Thank you for any pointers,
Unfortunately chair &1/2 and loveseats are the most unmanageable pieces you can buy. Are you stuck? Can you return? Can you sell on Craig's List while they're new enough that you don't loose your shirt? Unless you need to seat six (I don't know of any 1/2 people to sit in the white chairs) you actually had enough seating for the space without them, and they are not the right style for the rest of your seating. Can they be used in a couple of bedrooms or family room? First, it is all spread too far apart and you need a large area rug to group it on. Center the rug and leave 18-24" of floor exposed all around. If you don't want to cover the floor that much, then a rug that is 20" wider than your sofa will do. You'll have multiple arrangement options and the larger the rug the better for arranging. What you really need is some casegoods - sofa table or credenza for the stairwall wall (keep it small enough to use behind the sofa sometimes,) floor lamp for the corner between window and built-ins, garden stool for when the accent chairs are used together. You've done a good job styling cabs and FP, but I'd group all the candles on one side of the starburst and layer the framed pieces on the other end, rather than marching across like soldiers.
"Petunias, 1925" Framed Print by Georgia O'Keeffe Chandra Rugs - Mebec Purple Area Rugs - MEB23401 Trans Ocean Ombre 9663/49 Horizon Purple 9' x 12' Area Rugs Loloi Halton Too HT-07 9'2" x 12'7" Purple Rug
January 16, 2014 at 7:22AM     
emimat
I love the chairs. Where did you get them? Looking for extra wide chairs. Perfect for reading with kids.
January 16, 2014 at 7:27AM     
sunnydrew
Why not just work with the "wider" chairs and use a table in between. that grouping should then go on the window wall as it will be longer than the settee which can go under the stair wall. I would pick just one of the armless chairs as you accent chair and run with the purple and yellow theme. Follow the direction of deco above and see where you get when the rug come in.
January 16, 2014 at 7:28AM     
bunecca
emimat -- I bought them from the clearance center at RC Wiley. They are fun chairs, just a little to bulky for my sitting area.

decoenthusiast -- Unfortunately since I bought them on clearance, I am stuck. I think if I tried to sell them on Craigslist, I wouldn't get very much out of them. I was rash in buying them and I do feel stuck with them for a while.
Thanks for the advice about the styling of the fireplace and the advice on accessories!

sunnydrew -- Thanks for your suggestions. I am going to experiment today with moving things around to see how that looks.
January 16, 2014 at 7:37AM     
Cyndi Gandy
If it were me I might try to rearrange and seperate them. that would help take the heaviness of the two together. I might take the two armless chairs and put on each side of the bookcase and then put one chair on each side of the ottaman. A nice rug and and pillows when you can afford it. Move the loveseat where the armless chairs are. Or maybe take out the armless chairs altogether. Just an idea. I love the big casual feel of the 2 new chairs.
January 16, 2014 at 7:48AM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Beautiful space!

Is the gold rug solid or is there a border/pattern in it?

Move the cream chairs to the window wall. This way, the cream chairs - which are the most different - will have their own arrangement. Place a narrow chest between them with lamp, etc.

Place the patterned chairs on the stairway wall at the edge of the rug. The settee then goes opposite the fireplace at the edge of the rug.

Lower the painting on the stairway wall. It should not be higher on the wall than the bookcase - keeping that defining upper line even around the room in tact. Hang it 5"-6" above the height of the chairs. The amount of room you have after laying the rug and juggling pieces into place will determine what you do on the stairway wall.

Nice job arranging your bookcases. The amount of objects in the bookcases and mantle should feel equal and the mantle feels cluttery. Remove the 3 small frames. Keep that central area, the mantle, simpler. The glass candlesticks are plenty and will present the medallion beautifully.

Drapery panels would add a finished touch. You are almost there and you are doing a nice job. I can guarantee that your space will not be "blah"!
January 16, 2014 at 7:50AM     
smugsy1122
I personally love the space, just needs a bit of warmth. Just want to say kudos to the accessory colors. Fun and elegant at the same time.
January 16, 2014 at 7:53AM     
purplewatermelon
I think the armless chairs and the sette relate to each other. So, I would keep the setee where it is and put the armless chairs where the two larger chairs are now. I would put a table between the two armless chairs to give them the appearance of similar size to the setee. I would also bring everything in closer to your ottoman. Then, I would put the two larger chairs where the armless chairs are now separated by enough waling space (maybe 3 feet) in between them. Try that and take a picture for us?:)

BTW, you have created a beautiful space. The hardwoods and built-ins are fabulous.
January 16, 2014 at 7:54AM     
Agreed with placing the pair of white chairs facing the fireplace with the 2 patterned ones on either side of it.
January 16, 2014 at 7:54AM     
jc07
Don't be afraid to put something each side of the fireplace, in front of the shelving. I'd use the other two patterned chairs somewhere else
January 16, 2014 at 7:56AM     
sunnydrew
all good ideas. I hope you own furniture sliders. It makes it so much easier. As you move things around take some pictures and let us see as you go.
January 16, 2014 at 7:57AM     
Dar Eckert
Good suggestions. The new chairs would look better next to the windows and bring the lavender and yellow into pillows on the chairs. I don't think the room color is complementary to the chairs and the window color is better.
January 16, 2014 at 8:06AM     
I love the space--especially your fireplace wall--and absolutely think the chairs can work. Keeping scale in mind. I think they will work best on the window wall. The settee is too small for that wall anyway, and I think the two slipper chairs will be too. So try the new chairs on that wall with a side table in between.

I also think the yellow and eggplant is an inspired color combo. I like Mark's suggestion for curtains; I have a feeling when you get the new chairs on that wall, you'll want curtains there to break up all the white.
January 16, 2014 at 8:07AM     
bunecca
This is a link to the West Elm yellow rug that will be arriving next week: http://www.westelm.com/products/andalusia-rug-horizon-b785/?pkey=cpattern-rugs-flooring&cm_src=pattern-rugs-flooring||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

Everything looks darker in the photos -- the settee is actually a gray blue (looks purple-ish in the pics). The room actually looked nice with just the settee and 2 armless chairs -- except that no one ever wanted to spend time in the room, ever. They just aren't that comfortable. We have a family of 5 -- and when we had people over, there wasn't enough seating. Hence, the 2 oversized chairs.

I appreciate all of your comments so much! I am going to try them out today (after I find the furniture sliders to attach to our new chairs) :)
I will take more pics -- especially when the new rug arrives.
January 16, 2014 at 8:07AM     
And please lower the art on the stair wall to about 6 inches above the back edge of the furniture.
January 16, 2014 at 8:08AM     
Well, yellow and blue is inspired too, but your blue has a definite purple undertone. It will work and it will be beautiful.
January 16, 2014 at 8:10AM     
bunecca
Funny you mention the art, I have been asking my husband to fix that for months! I guess I just need to do it!

I just moved the chairs to the window. Big improvement. Moved the armless chairs out.

I want a new coffee table or ottoman and would love suggestions on that.

I guess it wouldn't let me link to the product, but the rug is the Andalusia wool dhurrie from West Elm. A golden yellow rug with cream medallion accents.

Dar Eckert -- are you referring to the paint color not going with the chairs? Just curious as to what colors suggest.
The wall color is Ben Moore Grant Beige, a light gray beige. Trim is Ben Moore Linen White, a creamy white.
The two chairs are actually a very pale gray, but look almost white.

I'll attach a pic of the chairs against the window. How far should I push all of the pieces forward?
Thanks again :)
January 16, 2014 at 8:21AM     
bunecca
Sandy G -- I will try your arrangement ideas out also.

I will be trying all of your arrangement ideas out, actually. Guess it will be my workout for the day!
January 16, 2014 at 8:25AM   
The hassock/coffee table is useless unless 18" from a seat with a tray for putting coffee cup, glasses, book on. Its style is better for the casual arm chairs than for your other pieces. I think you want it to stay entered on the FP even though it is much wider than the firebox. Pull the chairs forward to it and get side tables for the sofa. This chart should help with sizing those. The armless accent chairs might flank the FP, at least in the summer when it isn't fired up.
January 16, 2014 at 8:53AM     
bunecca
Ok, I tried three layouts

I'll attach in 3 different posts and if you can let me know your favorite (with any tweaks), that is great

This is armless chairs by bookcases, sette across from fireplace, and one big chair on ea end of ottoman
January 16, 2014 at 9:07AM     
bunecca
Next layout --
Big chairs to windows, armless chairs by stairway wall, and settee opposite fireplace
January 16, 2014 at 9:09AM     
bunecca
Next option

Settee by window, armless chairs by stairway wall, 2 big chairs opposite fireplace

I know all of these will look nicer when I get the rug, and side table/ lamp

I think I am confusing myself ;)
January 16, 2014 at 9:11AM   
bunecca
Pictures of last layout
January 16, 2014 at 9:12AM   
I have a feeling you're getting ready to post big chairs by window, settee by stair wall, and slipper chairs facing fireplace. Either that, or the arrangement with settee facing fireplace, I think, are best. Probably slipper chairs facing fireplace and settee on stair wall will give the most open feel.
January 16, 2014 at 9:14AM     
shal1217
Out of the 3 options, I personally prefer the first one with the settee facing the fireplace and the bigger armchairs on either side.

Oh and I really like your kitchen by the way. :)
January 16, 2014 at 9:19AM     
bunecca
I agree -- the arrangements that felt the best were the ones with the settee on the stairway wall, big chairs by window, and slipper chairs facing the fireplace

or the two big chairs opposite each other (window and stairway wall), with the settee facing the fireplace

I will experiment more when I get the rug and accent pieces.

Thank you shal1217 -- I have always wanted a white kitchen and have really loved it!
January 16, 2014 at 9:26AM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Strongly feel the settee needs to be between the pairs of chairs - otherwise you get a line up of chairs. Best look is w/o the slipper chairs - or just use one of them in the group.

What size rug did you get? Sorry for this but, would it be possible to tape the rug dimensions off on the floor so that we can see where furniture might end up in relation to the wall/window? If there would be room for something in those areas? The long side of the rug might be parallel or perpendicular to the fireplace.

Here is your rug. The artwork you hang should have a touch of the gold in it to pull the color up off the floor. Gold plus shades of gray. In the process, you will get other colors you can add in accessories.
January 16, 2014 at 9:27AM     
bunecca
Sandy G -- thank you and that is how I have it set up now. It definitely breaks up the oversized look of the two chair and a halfs. Love the art ideas as well!
January 16, 2014 at 9:31AM   
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
I love the chairs too! Don't get rid of them!
January 16, 2014 at 9:32AM     
bunecca
OTM -- thank you -- are you referring to the big chair and a halfs or the slipper chairs? ;)
January 16, 2014 at 9:40AM   
I like the one with sofa facing FP which is flanked with accent chairs and the big ones separated to face each other. This better incorporates your hassock too. Now, on to art and accessories.
January 16, 2014 at 9:47AM     
Dar Eckert
The first photo shows the new chairs with a pinkish color against the greenish wall. The painted bookcase looks better with the chairs so I'm assuming the color in the blinds will work better with the chairs than the green walls. I'm not sure if its the lighting or my screen but not my favorite combo as shown.

They do look great on the window wall. Search your house for a little table between the two armless chairs. Something like stack of books, large flower pot, stool, stacked trunks could be real interesting.

I think the rug will be lovely and when you get it, you will see how far to push the chairs to the wall. Try to keep all the furniture at least partially on the rug.
January 16, 2014 at 10:21AM   
If you separate the big chairs so they face each other with fireplace in the middle, then I think the slipper chairs must go. I would also then get a side table for each of the big chairs, and move the coffee table so the settee can use it.
January 16, 2014 at 10:24AM     
bunecca
Dar Eckert -- it must be the horrible lighting from the camera on my ipad (and it is very dark out today). The paint color is a light gray beige (clean neutral) and the chairs are a very pale gray.
Next up with be the accent tables and accessories like you suggested.

Oh, and Sandy G -- the rug size is 8x10 -- I need to dig out some painters tap and a tape measure to measure out how the rug will look. It looks like the front legs of each piece of furniture will be able to fit on the rug

Groveraxle -- I think I might slipcover the armless chairs and use them elsewhere -- maybe as accent chairs in bedrooms.
I moved the settee closer to the ottoman like you suggested and will get some type of tray to go on it. I will replace the ottoman later, but for now I will find a way to work with it.
January 16, 2014 at 10:32AM     
Ramona
I don't think both slipper chairs have to go, but taking out one will make everything better.

Then you will have more room to move around and add side tables.

I like the 1.5 chairs against the window or across from one another with the settee definitely parallel to fireplace. I like all your stuff, a lot.
January 16, 2014 at 10:46AM     
bunecca
So the rug came, yay!

It definitely adds a lot. Although I probably should have gone one size larger (but I'm just going to go with it).
Can't wait to get the accent tables and accessories going.

Here's a pic so far
January 16, 2014 at 11:26AM     
purplewatermelon
I like this arrangement best. What will you do with the armless chairs? Repurpose to another room? And your rug is beautiful.
January 16, 2014 at 12:40PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Your rug looks wonderful and the amount of furniture in the space makes sense.

The window wall, next to the chair, is a nice place for an accent table or chest, with a unique look. See some ideas below. One of the examples has gray in the finish and that might work, another is painted. This side table should be square and fairly large because of the scale of the chair & half.

The cocktail table and end table by the other chair should be from the same design line. Or, keep the cocktail you have now, it looks good, and get a dark wood side table with similar legs for the chair by the stairway. The cocktail and end table should coordinate and the piece by the window be different. this helps from getting too matchie-poo.

Keep the pathway between the settee and chair into the fireplace area open - but does need some finishing touches.

It will be important to get some color and pattern over to that side of the room. Perhaps with a lamp, pillows, throw, etc.

How far from the stairway wall is the chair?
January 16, 2014 at 12:45PM     
bunecca
Jenakeroyd -- I moved the striped slipper chair into a corner in the Master. The colors are similar. Not sure about the other one! I have a rataan chair I don't know what to do with either. When I decorate the bonus room upstairs, I might work them into they room. It never ends ;)

Sandy -- I will attach photos so you can see how far the chairs are from the wall.
I like the idea of a small chest by the chair on the window wall. Which side of the chair should the table be?

Also, should I add more pillows it the settee? I just don't want to hide all of the tufting.
I have a cream throw on the settee -- would a colored throw on a chair work? I'm wondering how many throws I should work in?
I love your tips!!
January 16, 2014 at 1:06PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Ok - Is the cocktail table centered on the fireplace? It appears that it is sitting to the right of the center and you need to go dead center for this arrangement. This would give you more room behind the chair but not enough room for a console.

So, more trial and error. Once you find an arrangement you like, you can work on the rest. As far as throws go, one in a color or big texture on a chair would be good.

Center the rug, cocktail and settee on the fireplace. Angle the chairs some and move them closer to the fireplace and so that someone sitting In a chair can reach the cocktail table easily. This might give you enough room under the window for a console or chest - giving that side of the room some weight to balance the stairway wall and bannister.

Place an end table/lamp on the right side of the other chair and see what kind of space is left over. . . artwork where it is now but repositioned. This move might open up the passage into the cocktail table area and finish it off...

The pair of chairs should be identically placed on the fireplace wall.

Curious about the rattan chair you mentioned you have. How would it look in the LR? If it is on the small side, the color might work well with your new rug/artwork and it might be one of those little unexpected things that keep things interesting -- not to mention that they come in handy at times!
January 16, 2014 at 1:59PM   
bunecca
Yes, the table is centered in front of the fireplace. I think the angle of the pic made it looked skewed
January 16, 2014 at 2:07PM   
sunnydrew
it all looks nice, like your rug.
January 16, 2014 at 2:19PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- If you like the chairs angled, and since there is a curve to the back of your settee, you might want to think about a round cocktail table. It is easier to angle chairs around a round shape and a round table would mimic the shape of your settee..
January 16, 2014 at 3:07PM   
bunecca
Thanks all -- so helpful!

Sandy G -- Awesome ideas -- I will try the angling of the chairs when my husband gets home. So much easier with 2! I really need to get out tomorrow to look at tables and lamps and then I can take a final pic
January 16, 2014 at 3:08PM   
bunecca
Oh, and the rataan chair is just a bit higher than those slipper chairs. I do remember Nate Burkus saying (on his show) to add rataan into a living room, so I've hung onto it ;) I will see if it fits in after I move the chairs later. thx!
January 16, 2014 at 3:12PM     
bunecca
I went ahead and moved the chairs myself. I'll attach a pic so you can tell me if I angled them correctly
January 16, 2014 at 3:26PM     
I would love to see a round side table next to one of the chairs, something with a little texture. These may be too small for such a large chair, but it's the look I would go for: Cala Hammered Drum Table
Bronze Metal Drum Table
Bronze Rain Drum 4
Drumming Up Side Table
January 16, 2014 at 3:35PM     
bunecca
So the arms on my chair and a halfs measure about 24-25 inches tall. Most of those little side tables are about 20". I love the hammered silver metal one. But wondering if it is too short to go by the chair?
January 16, 2014 at 5:01PM   
abbyjean
LOVE all the effort and work and love you are putting in to this space. Every time I see a new pic, I like it more and more!!! This last arrangement is perfect!!! And I bet you love having a new chair in your bedroom, too, as they were nice nice chairs, but just did not work in this space. You are getting GREAT advice and what is fun is, you are following it!!!
January 16, 2014 at 6:20PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Found these 24" tall side tables that would work with your cocktail table. Consider the style and not so much the color of the woods. The top 2 have nail heads/legs - a little different.

Thinking now you should use an oval or rectangle beside the chair on the stairway wall. It would fill the arm space beside your deep chair. These all have something interesting going on but are not over the top --- and over the top borders on "trying too hard" [which is usually awful in the end].

Maybe a pair of 24" metal drum tables would work since you have the room. They would have to be simple like the hammered pewter one you like that groveraxle found for you.. Haven't looked for taller ones yet.

Just noticed that you edited your mantle. Nice?
January 16, 2014 at 6:46PM   
bunecca
Abbyjean, I agree. Great advice and I am loving being able to pull this space together!

Sandy G -- the mantle feels simple and elegant. Small change that made a big difference. Thanks for that tip!
So you are thinking two 24" tables by the stairwell wall and a small chest by the window wall.
January 16, 2014 at 7:30PM   
bunecca
I love the contemporary look of the 4th table :)
January 16, 2014 at 7:33PM   
kao7
I agree the chairs look too large but maybe if you are going for eclectic you could use one in a different room?? I also think that all seating needs to be pulled off wall and window a bit.
January 16, 2014 at 7:47PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- OK then - your choice of side table says a lot about the look you are going after.

Now, that is a unique, round, amazing pedestal table that touches on hand hewn rustic. You need to think about everything else in the room and how they all present together.

The question now is, what kind of cabinet can you place next to the other chair that will coordinate with this style table. You could, of course put a matching table there - or, a lighter wood, little bit rustic, chest, or a chest that would relate more to your more transitional cocktail. 2 of the 3 tables should be close in style and color or you will end up with a hot, confusing, mess.

Now, one thing I know for sure is that this is your decision - I'm just a "coach" throwing out a few ideas.
January 16, 2014 at 8:08PM   
bunecca
Sandy G -- yes, I will think about the tables and decide if that style might be a bit too rustic for me. It is very cool though. I might go for one that is a bit more contemporary casual, if I can find it! And good tips about pulling the tables together.
I already want to tackle my upstairs bonus/family room (which is indeed a hot mess).
January 16, 2014 at 8:44PM   
bryght.com
I think you should paint the walls, there should be more contrast between the paint color and the chair and a halfs. I feel like the wall color washes everything out. Just a thought and that way you wouldn't have to return anything. Good Luck!
January 16, 2014 at 8:45PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- FYI - I am going out of town until Monday and I am not allowed to bring my laptop! Just in case you wonder why I'm not responding. Been called out on this before and it didn't feel good. I am sure other Houzzers will still be here tho . . . .
January 17, 2014 at 5:43AM   
bunecca
Sandy G -- you have been so much help! That is too bad that someone would call you out -- after giving so much of your time and advice!
January 17, 2014 at 5:57AM   
bunecca
I am considering painting the living room area a Benjamin Moore color called White water. I won't do it until I paint a big poster board the color to see if I love it. It is a blue gray tone, but may break up all of the white woodwork and the light chairs.
I'll post pics of my current color, Grant Beige, and also White water.
January 17, 2014 at 6:02AM   
bunecca
So I am loving the change in arrangement of the chairs and sofa. But I am stuck on what types of tables and lamps I want. Do I need more substantial pieces due to the size of the chairs? Or should I go with smaller side tables to compensate for the big chairs?
I think I would like a mix of traditional with contemporary in this room. And a touch of glam :).
January 19, 2014 at 3:11PM   
Side tables for the big chairs, at least, need to be pretty substantial or they'll look like a bundle of sticks. I would look for something solid, no legs for those two.
Petal Drum Table
Kismet Side Table
Goodstone Occasional Table
Aerie Large Accent Table
January 19, 2014 at 3:32PM     
saratogaswizzlestick
I really like the way your room is tuning out. I agree with Groveraxel that you need a relatively substantial side chair to stand up against those big chairs. I would like to see the art on the stair wall hung lower, perhaps about 6 inches above the chair and a half. I love your sunburst mirror, may I ask where you got it?
January 19, 2014 at 3:47PM     
bunecca
Groveraxle -- thank you for the ideas for the tables. That will help me as I look this week.

Saratoga -- I had my husband lower the artwork yesterday and it looks a million times better!
I got that sunburst mirror from Hobby Lobby -- I got it when it was 50% off so it was a great deal.
January 19, 2014 at 5:26PM   
bunecca
Another question about the tables --

Most of the tables that I have found online are pretty low. The arms of the chair measure a height of 24 inches. Is there a general rule about the height of a side table in relation to the chair, etc?

Props to all of you designers! They make it look so easy on tv and it's not (at least for me) :)
January 20, 2014 at 7:47AM   
abbyjean
My personal feeling is that I like the table to match the arm on the chair so I can easily use the table. It could be an inch off, but not much more....in my space.
January 20, 2014 at 9:08AM     
bunecca
Thanks Abbeyjean -- I was thinking the same. A lot of the sturdy cubes or pedestal side tables are only 15-20 inches. So I will be on the hunt for ones that are 24"!
January 20, 2014 at 9:58AM   
abbyjean
We had a side table next to the couch that was short when we first got our new couch and it drove me crazy....it just looked dwarfed and not right. What a difference when we got the right height for the arm on the couch.
January 20, 2014 at 10:04AM     
bunecca
Ok, Houzz friends -- thanks for sticking with me! :)

So looking around online for tables that are about 24" and budget friendly (we have really lame furniture stores around here. I will probably end up ordering online)
I found a few options. I don't think it will let me link to products, but the tables I have been looking at are at Overstock:
Abbyson Living Manchester Espresso End table

Abbyson Living Morgan Ellipse End table

Aristo Hallifax Brown side table

Modern Leveled End table

If you get a minute to look up any of these at overstock, let me know what you think.
They will fit the traditional/contemporary look I think. I can always introduce a little glam with the lamps.
January 21, 2014 at 10:12AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Well, here are your picks - Helps to see the pix of them to compare. . .

1. Is the Manchester - it's 23.5" round + has a matching oval cocktail table

2. Is the Morgan Elipse

3. Is the Aristo Hallifax Brown the top measures 24" wide and 22" deep

4. Is the Modern Leveled end table 20" x 20" x 22" high
January 21, 2014 at 12:17PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
Of the tables shown above, I feel that #3 is the best shape to stand beside your chairs. #4 is too contemporary for your settee.

I went into the Global department at overstock and found these.

The painted one with flowers is $117, 20" diameter, 23" high. It has gold and blue in the painting and might work as a singleton with the other end table matching the cocktail table.

The other one is the Ingleby and is $163, 24" x 24" x 24" high.
January 21, 2014 at 12:24PM   
bunecca
Awesome, Sandy G -- thanks for arranging those pictures (I still need to figure out how to do that).

I like the Ingleby table -- looks like the right shape and style (and a great price). For some reason, I couldn't find the painted one.

Do you think two different styles of tables is the way to go? I am such a symmetrical person, but don't want it to be too match-y.

Now to find a lamp -- style and color. I would love to add just a bit of glam in with the lamps. Debating between a colored solid base (like gourd lamps) or a crystal type base. But I can also up the glam with different throw pillows as well. Ideas?

And, am I weird that I am a tiny bit obsessed with this elephant piece? I think it is adorable. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Paradise-Elephant-White-Ceramic-Garden-Stool/6965434/product.html
January 21, 2014 at 1:08PM   
bunecca
And Groveraxle -- I still love those metal hammered looking pieces -- it would be cool as the accent piece of the room. Wish they were higher! And all of the cubes I have found are pretty low, too. Still looking . . .
January 21, 2014 at 1:11PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- If you choose basic, simple tables, there is no reason that you couldn't add a hammered stool or 2 in the room! Behind and to the side of the settee, for example.

Here are some oval cocktail tables to think about.

1. Fusion Loft aluminum oval cocktail - lloydwickfurniture.com

2. Mid century modern oval

3. Venetian Verre Eglomise
January 21, 2014 at 1:34PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- The painted flower table above is quirky and adorable. I found it on Overstock in the Global dept. It is hand made in Peru. It has gold /yellow and blue in the design and might work beside a small pull up chair in a little hungry spot in the room. Just like to push the line from time to time.
January 21, 2014 at 1:48PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Below

The first oval glass table is cool, from Chintaly Imports at coffeetableoutlet.com. $408.

The second one is the Addison from Chicago Furniture on Overstock.com.
January 21, 2014 at 1:56PM   
cadycroft
Put the 2 chairs together to make a love seat...it's great for having an arm rest while you and your partner hold hands!!
January 21, 2014 at 1:57PM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- The elephant garden stools are cute. Look for ones that have the trunk up though . .
January 21, 2014 at 2:14PM     
bunecca
Yes, loving the idea of an oval cocktail table -- to balance out the square side tables. And good thought adding the stools by the settee. This is going to look fabulous!

I'm wondering if one similar to the aluminum finish table would be the best option? Since the two side tables will be wood. It would be a nice contrast. And all of my hardware is nickel/silver -- so it would all tie together nicely.
January 21, 2014 at 2:16PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Absolutely! The metal oval table is different - something unique - and it would work in very well with the side tables' hardware.

This table is visually lightweight and will not overwhelm your settee while holding it's own with the rest of the pieces in the space. You could add a few brushed nickel accessories to the room - vases, bookends, sculptures, ya know?
January 21, 2014 at 2:25PM     
midwestern4
Late to the party, but, can you replace the two wooden end chairs at the dining room table with the two slipper chairs from the picture in the first post? Would soften the dining area; and then find drapes to pull things together.
January 21, 2014 at 2:37PM     
bunecca
And I will def be ordering an elephant garden stool. They represent good luck, right? :)
January 21, 2014 at 3:07PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Yup!

I just noticed that the metal table will pull the stainless from your kitchen in to the LR. Nice flow for the space.
January 21, 2014 at 3:09PM     
bunecca
Yes, really loving that table combo! Yay :)

Now just lamps and drapes! Drapes just might do me in, haha (so many options)

midwestern4 -- I will have to try that idea with the slipper chairs at the dining table. They might be too low, but I will give it a try and see. I had thought about slipcovers as well . . .
January 21, 2014 at 3:12PM   
bunecca
Now to break the news to my husband that I found the perfect pieces and need to buy them ASAP.

On a side note: I brought down one of the slipper chairs to the table. The back is so low compared to the other chairs. Yay or nay?
January 21, 2014 at 3:20PM   
Denita
Nay, too low for the table.
January 21, 2014 at 5:32PM     
bunecca
That's what I thought. Slipper chair back upstsurs!
January 21, 2014 at 6:32PM   
bunecca
*upstairs I meant ;)
January 21, 2014 at 7:03PM     
lovegodesign
I didn't have time to read all comments , but I would remove the three pics under the sunburst mirror and keep it simple :) then center the ottoman and put the other chair back upstairs. I would add an additional color to the tool and possibly add an accent color in the doing room, if you don't want window treatments do a colorful centerpiece and maybe a rug? Hope this helps :)
January 21, 2014 at 8:01PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Ya, this was a nice idea but the upholstered chairs' backs are too low. Also, I think if you do find upholstered chairs for the dining table that are the right scale, the bench has to go and be replaced by the matching dining chairs.
January 21, 2014 at 8:26PM   
bunecca
I might try to find 2 slip covers for the dining chairs at each end of the table.

I will order the side tables today and I think I will try Home a Goods this weekend for lamps!
January 22, 2014 at 8:04AM     
Edward Lobrano Interior Design Inc.
You do need help. It is Lifeless. Rugs, curtains some art. The lounge chairs are too big and the sofa is too small, but you could still use them if you do it right. Hire me and I will come fix it for you. I almost want to say that if the two huge lounge chairs were side by side and not angled, and you had a matching sofa ( I know, I know) and they were lined up on the fireplace like a pair of sofas you would have a good start. Then you need end tables and some good look lamps in a color maybe. If you can't afford Chris Spitzmiller go to Arteriors or home good. They do inexpensive knock offs that we use and they are just fine. Doesn't have to be a bright color if you don't like color, but some good looking sort of today traditional shape, ie. gourds or something that reads simple but a bit contemporary. You might also look for a great chandelier for over the dining table. Go to Visual comfort or Circa lighting. They do great things and are not expensive. Circa stocks a lot of it.
January 22, 2014 at 9:01AM   
Edward Lobrano Interior Design Inc.
I forgot. Get rid of those terrible metal levelor blinds. If curtains are too expensive, put some wooden venetian blinds, shutters or just do flat roman shades inset inside the window reveal. There is a company called Budget Blinds that can do shutters and they are fine and at least the room looks first rate and tailored and finished.
January 22, 2014 at 9:06AM     
bunecca
Edward -- the blinds are not metal. They are real wood blinds by Hunter Douglas and they are high quality. Not sure why they are "horrible"?
There are more recent pics in the thread. I've already added a rug from West Elm and changed the furniture arrangement and it is looking much better.
I'm ordering tables and then I will move on to selecting lamps and drapes.

Everyone has been a huge help -- thanks for your input!
January 22, 2014 at 9:17AM     
Kim Callaghan Brandon
Love the settee and two accent pattern chairs. Place the accent pattern chairs across from the window (which desperatly needs drapes). A small stool that can be used as a table between the accent chairs. Get rid of the ackward blanket off the settee, get some throw pillows in complimentary colours to the accent chairs (even a new pattern put match the drapes and colours) for the settee and the accent chairs. Try placing the larger white chairs between the kitchen and living room (where the accent chairs are) or move them to the bedroom (that's where they look like they would belong better). The large ottomen is taking up valuable space, the area doesn't look like it fits well. Replace the ottomen for stools that can be arranged for placement as needed, small enough for 2 or 4 stools that can be multipurposed as a coffee table in the center of the room or individually used where needed. Loving the stools that are often seen in a Indian flare on patios.
If you are going to use the "slipper" chairs in the dining room use them both.
January 22, 2014 at 9:21AM   
abbyjean
I think you have a wonderful plan in place for YOU and your room! Go for it!! Place that order and set aside some shopping time this weekend.
January 22, 2014 at 11:16AM     
bunecca
Thanks abbyjean! Side tables are ordered! I have to remind myself that this is a process :)
Next up: throw pillows, lamps, and curtains!
January 22, 2014 at 1:56PM   
lilyhammer1
Hi. The chairs are a little big. Can you move them apart? I would try to put one on each side of the room and move the purple sofa,which is awesome, directly across from the built ins. The problem is that the chairs are just to squished together.
January 22, 2014 at 2:42PM   
abbyjean
You have the FUN stuff left to do! Pillows are my new weakness today, but add soooo much to a room.

Hey....just looked at the room again and you already do have some nice pillows in there, so you may not be spending much on those. And lamps can be pretty good deals, too.
January 22, 2014 at 4:30PM   
abbyjean
lilyhammer1.......did you look at the last set of pics and all the work done in this room???
January 22, 2014 at 4:32PM     
bunecca
I found some neutral curtains at West Elm that I like (haven't purchased them yet). They are a light gray/white pattern.
I'm not sure if something like that would be the best color choice with the gold rug, the blue gray settee, and the light chairs?
I don't want the curtains to be a focal point of the room, but I want them to add interest.

I will link to the rug that I already have: http://www.westelm.com/products/andalusia-rug-horizon-b785/?pkey=e|andaliasia%2Brug|5|best|0|viewall|24||3&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

These are the curtains I am considering for the living/dining windows:
http://www.westelm.com/products/ikat-ogee-linen-curtain-ivory-platinum-t857/?lineid=11&cm_src=E%3AAutoRACRel&catalogId=42

When I go looking for lamps -- I will see if maybe a hammered silver metal finish might look good. Or a sold color base (charcoal? teal?) I don't want to go overboard with the yellow gold color.

I do have some teal colors in my vases in the built ins, so when looking for pillows, I might try to incorporate the gray, gold, and teal colors.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated!
January 23, 2014 at 9:22AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- What a mover-shaker!

So, your end tables are dark wood with silver knobs. A ceramic lamp in a color or white would work. And, of course, hammered silver/pewter/nickel, etc.
Ceramic bases with some texture too would be great as would cream colored shades. White shades throw out light that is harsh. Go as big as you feel comfortable with since your chairs are large - -scale.

There are millions of lamps in the marketplace, as you know, so try not to get overwhelmed!
January 23, 2014 at 10:21AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
Drapery panels.

The medallion pattern in these panels is too similar to the pattern in your area rug and feels busy. Look for a tone-on-tone subtle stripe of any width in stead. Maybe a nubby texture. With the strong pattern In your area rug. it is always safer to go the opposite direction towards a linear design - stripe, check, etc.
January 23, 2014 at 10:27AM   
bunecca
Awesome ideas as usual, Sandy -- thx! Love the recs for lamp and curtains!
January 23, 2014 at 10:49AM   
bunecca
Would something like this be a contender? http://www.potterybarn.com/products/riviera-stripe-blackout-drape/?pkey=cview-all-curtains&cm_src=view-all-curtains||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

They come in charcoal, blue, and a beige . . .
January 23, 2014 at 10:54AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- So, here they are! Nice!

The rod & rings will add something dark, up near the ceiling. You could add a panel to both sides of the window in order to beef up the windows and make the panels look fuller.
January 23, 2014 at 11:37AM   
bunecca
Yay, my room will look so much better!!
Do you think the blue or charcoal stripe??
January 23, 2014 at 12:02PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Since you have more darks [ like woods] in your room than blue, go for the charcoal. This would keep your panels more neutral for future makeovers too.
January 23, 2014 at 1:06PM   
bunecca
Awesome, I will make a run to Pottery Barn this weekend. Do you like the drapes that pool a bit on the floor?
January 23, 2014 at 1:17PM   
crazyhand
Bunecca please post finished room. This was such an interesting design process to read.
January 23, 2014 at 1:24PM   
bunecca
crazyhand -- I will for sure. The side tables will be delivered next week. I am hoping to get the lamps and drapes this weekend -- so I will post a pic as soon as everything is set up. Thanks!
January 23, 2014 at 1:32PM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- You know, this question is more personal preference than design principle. I would just say the every space is different so these kinds of details are different every time. See how this fabric behaves on the floor - a nice, soft puddle?, how much floor space it takes up, is it a hassle to arrange all the time, is it a pain to clean around, etc.

You could always try it and see what you think. If you would rather have the panels end at the floor, you can always hem them.
January 23, 2014 at 1:49PM   
bunecca
So the tables came. I set up one to see if I liked it. I didn't get lamps yet. But the tables are huge.
Any ideas for placement of the tables. Or too big??
January 29, 2014 at 8:09PM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- It would help to have a longer shot of the room to see the scale better. The tables are going to seem big just because you haven't had tables by the chairs like this before.

You have the room for them....If you decide that they are too big, you could think about using one and then get a companion end table for the other chair [by the stairway].

Like the choice - nice size for your chairs. Lamps are going to help the tables become integrated into the overall design. They look great with this ottoman. You have a few more things to get - lamps, drapes, etc., so relax and live with them for a while and get used to them. And, if you decide against them, you know there are tons more out there.
January 29, 2014 at 10:17PM   
abbyjean
I think they are a nice size for your chairs, and have to agree that they seem big to you because they are new and taking up space that was empty. And yes, accessorizing will make them seem a part of the room, too.
January 30, 2014 at 5:25AM   
bunecca
Thanks, Sandy G. and Abbyjean -- I will leave the side tables for now. You are right, the look big in the space because I'm not used to them :). I'm going to see ifs can find lamps that are big enough, but not too big. I think scale is my issue -- knowing just the right size.

I called our local Pottery Barn about the drapes, but they only carry them online. They are about $140 per panel and I need 4, plus the hardware to hang them. I think I will check out more West Elm curtains to see if they have a better price. If not, I will just bite the bullet on the PB ones :)
January 30, 2014 at 6:15AM   
kati1221
I've been following the thread and just want to say I love your room! I was thinking of doing the same rug in my space. Beautiful
January 30, 2014 at 6:34AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Good. Is there an Ikea near you? They have reasonably priced window gear.
January 30, 2014 at 6:35AM     
bunecca
Thanks kaiti1221 -- I am really loving the rug! Adds such a nice pop of color.

Sandy G -- unfortunately, the nearest Ikea is 6 hrs away in a different state :( We are planning a trip the end of March (and I'll be close to an Ikea). I don't know if I can hold out that long ;)
January 30, 2014 at 6:50AM   
Donna Dixon
Hi bunecca! I've been following your thread too. You have a beautiful room and such great help to pull it all together! I like your tables and feel that when you get your lamps they will look better to you. The 4th one Sandy G posted would look great on those tables and pull in the metal from those fabulous pendants from your kitchen. Just don't go to large as you want the right height like decoenthusiaste suggests! Also you can order drapes from Ikea online at a really good price
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30256848/ http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10156487/. Oh and I really hope you did decide to incorporate the elephant table in your room. It's awesome!! Trunk up of course! Good luck
January 30, 2014 at 7:40AM   
January 30, 2014 at 8:13AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- We haven't chatted about how any panels you were thinking of using. You have a bank of 3 windows. Are you thinking about draping each window [ 4 or 6 panels] or one panel at the ends of the 3 [2 panels]. Hang them on 1 rod that spans the width of the 3 windows.

These are drapes I have used. The 94" x 55" panels are $19.99 and are on line. they are unlined and look like hopsacking. Casual. Washable. About the color of your walls. Included is an iron on fusible tape for hemming - no sewing.

Then, there is your dining room and I feel you should do the same thing in there.

One thing these do not have is pattern - more texture though. If you would like a little touch of something on them, you could add grosgrain ribbon down the length [this with fusible web too].
January 30, 2014 at 8:15AM   
bunecca
Donna -- oh, good to know that you can order curtains online from Ikea. Thank you! I know they only sell certain products online -- so, I'm glad that is an option!
Yes, I will have to make sure to get the right size lamps. It is so hard when I'm at the store, because I can't see what they will look like. I will take my ipad with me with all of my pictures :)
January 30, 2014 at 8:16AM     
bunecca
Sandy G -- I was thinking of just adding one curtain panel at each end of the windows. So, a total of 2 panels in the sitting room area windows-- and also 2 panels for the kitchen windows.

Are those curtains from Ikea? That is a great price.
Do you think I should go for a more casual fabric -- or a dressier one? The settee has a dressier feel and the oversized chairs are more casual. So, I'm torn on which way I should go with the drapes.
January 30, 2014 at 8:20AM   
bunecca
Also -- as far as the hardware (curtain rod) -- should I go with the silver (brushed nickel) or a black rod?
January 30, 2014 at 8:22AM   
bunecca
Hmmm, I measured last week and will need the 108" length for curtains. Looks like most of the Ikea drapes come in the 98" length. I wonder if they have longer lengths in stores?
January 30, 2014 at 8:41AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
- Yes, the settee is a little dressier but your chairs are more casual. Also, I vote for the Ikeas because they are younger-looking. Your room should reflect that - you have all kinds of years to get to fuddy-duddy-formal!

Use brushed nickel for the rods. Yes, it is matchie-poo with the knobs on your tables, but rods are not a focal point in your space. You are keeping it simple at the windows and th

Also, since you are going to use panels at the ends only, use 2 panels on each end. Get them gradually if you want to. The 3 windows is a large span and you do not want to skimp here - especially with bargain panels - make them look like a million bucks by making them full. It's a smoke & mirrors deal.
January 30, 2014 at 9:02AM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- I checked the length of the Ikeas and they come in a 55" x 118" size but are $34.99 /pair. Still not a bad price.

I noticed the pillow you had on your chair in the first pix you posted. It has a violet / green leaves on it. Just a reminder to pull the color of your settee into the room.
January 30, 2014 at 9:11AM   
bunecca
Great ideas Sandy. You have been a dream with your fab ideas!

Ok, I will get the two panels per end. With the great price, it is do-able. What is the name of the drapes? I must have been looking at the wrong ones. And you're right! I don't want to have an old timer look yet -- so, yes, fresh and young will be my mantra :)
January 30, 2014 at 9:39AM   
bunecca
I took a close up of the pillows. The lighting is bad so I think they look different in the pics.

The pillows on the sette are silk and are a gray taupe with a light blue vine pattern appliquéd on top.
They tend to blend in with the settee, so I probably need to add more interest.

I attached pics of the pillows on the chairs too. Are they useable or do I need to start from square one.
January 30, 2014 at 9:46AM   
bunecca
Sorry for the lack of punctuation and proper grammar. I'm working with my iPad here ;)
January 30, 2014 at 9:48AM   
bunecca
Got some cutie pie lamps!! Are they tall enough?

I also put a bunch of mercury glass containers and frames out to see if they can be used in accessorizing the tables. Any ideas?
January 30, 2014 at 12:18PM   
bunecca
I can take the lamps back if they are too short. I saw another pair that I liked that we're taller. But I just loved the shape of the ones I bought.
January 30, 2014 at 12:20PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
- These lamps are nice and, they will work. You sense that they are on the small side and you are right. The idea is that you just love the things you are living with so keep them if they make you happy, by all means! ! ! Or, you could keep one and then find another in mercury glass that is bigger all around - taller and fatter.

The pillows below are wonderful in your room. Take it easy on quantity - you want a few that are quality as far as color, pattern go. Is the gold color one close in color to your rug? If it is off, do not use it in this room. Colors that are close but off make the room look tacky. Monogram the solid cream ones in the plum color in your sofa in a big font. . . You are better off getting multiples of one design than several different designs.

The throw is from Fleur De Lee on Amazon. It is the Chiltern plum and is $47.35. I am not secure in the color of your settee because of different lighting and angles of the photos you submitted.

The mercury glass/silver accessories are fine. Remember to vary the height of items on a table top. You could bring down a blue piece from the bookcase to see how that would look on a table. Just think bigger and fewer things that "sit well" together.
Go to thrift shops and see what you find. Seriously! Look for that amazing unusual thing that makes you feel good by rescuing it.
January 30, 2014 at 1:57PM     
bunecca
Thanks, SandyG -- the lamps were adorable and I kind of had a hunch that they would be small. I can always go get the other pair and decide which ones I like best. My husband thinks I have gone nuts! Ha

I took another pic of the settee. I cannot, for the life of me, seem to get a picture that looks like the color in real life. It looks purple in the pics, but is actually a blue gray. Almost like a steel gray mixed with blue.
The floral pillow on the big chair has the yellow and gray.
January 30, 2014 at 2:19PM   
bunecca
Another shot of the settee from the back -- maybe this shows the color better?
January 30, 2014 at 2:21PM   
joey930
I would flip flop put chairs in front of window and sofa where chairs are the print chair
Does not belong style wise or the pattern
January 30, 2014 at 2:53PM   
abbyjean
You are getting such good advice! Love the idea of rescuing something and bringing it home! And remember....every room needs a touch of whimsy......have fun getting that one piece, too! It may be an accessory for the table or a pillow or........ but that, too, will make you smile each time you enter your HOME! And it is ok that your hubby thinks you are nuts....it is kind of a requirement when you are doing decor!!!
January 30, 2014 at 3:56PM   
OK, I have to say I'm not a fan of the end tables. They mimic the size and shape of the chairs (and ottoman) too much. The round below is from Ikea and is almost 24" tall. I would also lower the art another 4 inches or so.
January 30, 2014 at 4:01PM     
Did I post this for you before? I agree with grover...
January 30, 2014 at 4:02PM   
Your windows with four panels in two configurations:
January 30, 2014 at 4:39PM     
BTW, I want to say that whatever you do from here on out is "window dressing, " pun intended. Your room is beautiful, and inviting, and I would be happy to sit in this room for hours. So don't sweat the small stuff. Choose what you love and this room will give you joy for years.
January 30, 2014 at 4:41PM     
abbyjean
Would two different tables work? One of the square and one like grover posted?
January 30, 2014 at 4:51PM   
bunecca
Groveraxle -- is that a table from Overstock? I think I looked at one just like it! I do like the table to lamp proportions in that pic.

Nice to see the different configurations with drapes. That gray looks nice, too, by the windows.

Decoenthusiast -- that picture was helpful, thank you. I need to measure before I buy. I thought the lamps would work with those tables, but the lamps seem small with the big table. I'll get it eventually :)

Abbeyjean -- yes, my husband can put up with me because he knows I am a perfectionist! Haha

Thank you for the compliments and for the suggestions and ideas!
January 30, 2014 at 4:58PM   
bunecca
Sorry, I just saw the table was from IKEA :)

My mind is so symmetrical that I have a hard time mixing styles. But I only had my husband assemble one table for now until I decided if I liked them!
January 30, 2014 at 4:59PM   
Donna Dixon
I wanted to say I really thought the table was just too large and boxy and this is why your new lamps look so puny to you. It's not the lamps it's the large width table! The bottom of the lampshade should be at eye level while sitting so as not to see the bulb nor the glare. They look perfect with the table Groveraxle suggests. or any smaller width round table at that height. Sometimes it just takes a picture or someone with an eye or a good friend to look at things differently and tell you so. Oh and my husband thinks I'm nuts too ;)
January 30, 2014 at 5:41PM   
bunecca
So, my husband threw the box out with the recycling this morning and said he really doesn't want to take that table apart to ship it back ;) (don't blame him)

But good news -- we moved it upstairs to the bonus room and is looks great!

I still have the other square table still in the box that I can ship back to Overstock. The Ikea tables are $99 each -- and buying two of those is cheaper than the table I will ship back to Overstock. So -- woohoo!

OK, so I'm keeping the lamps then :) We are planning a trip to Hawaii -- and I swear when I first saw those lamps, they reminded me of pineapples and made me happy! (I realize that is not sound reasoning for purchasing lamps).

So, now I'm wondering if I should go with a blue gray drape instead of neutral? Should I stick with a linen fabric?
January 30, 2014 at 5:48PM   
Donna Dixon
Just one more thing, here's a really good article on lighting, and what do you know it's from Houzz!!!

.

I see a floor lamp in your future, possibly for the other chair?
January 30, 2014 at 5:49PM   
Donna Dixon
It's absolutely sound reasoning for buying lamps! Buy what makes you happy!
As for drapes I would go with a neutral only because they can get pricey when you have to buy a lot and someone suggested( couldn't find who) that you carry your curtain theme around to your dining area, which is good advise The RITVA Ikea curtain's I told you about come in your length but the only colors are Black, White, Red, and dark gray .
January 30, 2014 at 6:04PM   
Donna Dixon
Here's another great article on design for curtains rugs and artwork, sadly not from Houzz http://www.drivenbydecor.com/2012/08/20-rule-of-thumb-measurements-for.html
January 30, 2014 at 6:10PM   
bunecca
Yes, the dark gray RITVA drapes are probably a little too dark? The neutral linen panels that Sandy G told me about look great and are a great price (since I need 8 panels for both areas). And Sandy advised me to take the same window treatment into the eating area, which is great advice to make the open floor plan flow.

Donna, loved that article. That first picture in the article that says to use a mix of table and floor lamps got me thinking. Do I need two end tables? Can I do one table with a lamp by one chair -- and then get a big round basket (for blankets and throws) in the same color/scale to go by the other chair -- and then put a floor lamp behind the other chair?

Or stick with the original plan of two tables/two lamps by the two big chairs?

I think I am over analyzing everything! But I really love everyone's input and I am learning so much.
January 30, 2014 at 6:25PM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- So, the tables did not work out? Glad that you can send one back and have a place for the other one. It is such a trial and error process working this way! I have no doubt that you will figure it all out and end up with a super space.
January 30, 2014 at 6:32PM   
bunecca
Sandy G -- you have been such an amazing help! I think the tables are just a bit too wide -- but so hard to tell when I am buying online!
You showed me some oval/circle shaped tables earlier that are very similar to the Ikea ones. So, we have come full circle :)

The one my husband put together looks great, though, and it is a really nice table. So we put it upstairs in the bonus room (my next project after this, le sigh!).
January 30, 2014 at 6:38PM   
bunecca, I do think that Ikea table is pretty near perfect; right shape and size and just shy of 24". And I do like a table by every armchair, but I don't know that I would like the same table repeated. What I'd really like to see is one of those ceramic garden stools...except they all seem to be too short.

Perhaps something in a round metal drum? I know the 24" height has been the sticking point. I'll look around.
January 30, 2014 at 6:43PM   
bunecca
Yes, all of the garden stools are so short, which is such a bummer. I saw some great ones today at Marshall's for $39. I'm thinking about getting one to go on one side of the settee (as long as it doesn't stop the flow of traffic into the room).

World market had that cool hammered round metal table, but I think it was pretty low. I'd love to hear if you find any taller ones!
January 30, 2014 at 6:51PM   
January 30, 2014 at 7:12PM     
Garden stools usually work with armless or swoop style accent chairs.
January 30, 2014 at 7:19PM   
bunecca
That table is adorable, too! Still trying to figure out what to put by the other chair . . . .?
January 30, 2014 at 7:27PM   
Donna Dixon
You certainly do not need two tables and certainly not matching tables. That's what makes a space interesting. Furniture stores get you to buy the matching set because they make a huge profit and they mark up furniture 70 percent!!( My husband was in sales) Look around on Houzz and you'll hardly see any matching tables and sometimes no table at all next to a chair. First consider what you'll be using the space for the other chair for? You have a bookcase right next to the other chair, so maybe reading a book, then go with the floor lamp and basket for holding that cozy blanket. Possibly a pretty plant in the corner as well.
January 30, 2014 at 9:22PM   
gogoellen
I enjoyed reading this thread and I have to say your room has come together beautifully!!!!
January 30, 2014 at 9:46PM   
bunecca
Thanks gogoellen -- I will post more pics as the room gets finished!

Overstock waived the return shipping fee, so I'm not out anything there.

I'm ordering the table groveraxle suggested (from Ikea) and the drapes that Sandy G suggested.

I'll try to find some hardware for the drapes that I like around here and see what a floor lamp looks like by the other chair. I have my work cut out for me!
January 31, 2014 at 9:52AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Progress!
January 31, 2014 at 11:26AM   
Nancy Walton
Posting to follow.
January 31, 2014 at 11:53AM   
bunecca
While I'm waiting for the curtains and table to arrive, I'm looking for a floor lamp. I didn't find one that I loved. Any ideas on what style would work?

I'm looking to out the floor lamp behind one of the big chairs. I bought a big basket for throws to put next to it. It is early with no natural light yet, so picture quality is not great.

The table and table lamp will go by the opposite chair.
February 3, 2014 at 7:29AM     
bunecca
I meant to say "put" the floor lamp (not out the floor lamp -- darn autocorrect!) ;)
February 3, 2014 at 7:46AM   
bunecca
Finally my table arrived! Hallelujah! I still need to lower the picture by the chair. But my husband still has to patch the first hole :/

I have the curtains and just need to run out and get the hardware to hang them.

I put a rattan basket by the other chair and am on the lookout for a cute throw. Also a floor lamp.

I'll continue to post photos as I update!
February 7, 2014 at 6:34PM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Thanks for posting these pix. Looking good!
February 7, 2014 at 7:03PM   
abbyjean
GREAT choices for this room! I have a feeling you may have a few projects going on this weekend, but will be fun ones, too.
February 7, 2014 at 7:06PM   
bunecca
Thanks ladies! It is amazing how my family now gravitates to this room! I love it :)
February 7, 2014 at 8:08PM     
abbyjean
That speaks volumes and is theeee ultimate compliment.....family loving it!!!
February 7, 2014 at 8:10PM   
bunecca
Got hardware to hang curtains and didn't love it once I got it home. So I will do a return and continue with the hunt!! Still looking for a cute floor lamp also :)
February 8, 2014 at 8:00PM   
Do you want sophisticated-cute, or funky-cute? Urban Outfitters has this one--kind of whimsical-cute--in yellow or teal: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=26864017&parentid=A_FURN_LIGHTING
February 9, 2014 at 7:20AM     
If you want to spend real money, try these lamps from Flambeau: http://www.wayfair.com/filters/Floor-Lamps-l6238-c416504-q~flambeau.html?
February 9, 2014 at 7:26AM   
jacey22
Wow, I just read this whole thread! Your room looks fantastic. You have done a lot of work, gotten some great ideas and been very receptive!
First let me say, I've been down the chair and a half road before many years ago, not easy but there are many ways you can live with them as time goes by. One thing is that you can push them apart on a longer wall and put different tables between them, push closer, share an ottoman etc. I had mine in what I turned into a comfy reading room where I'd lay sideways with legs hanging over, now they're with my kids in their apartments. :)
Secondly, I can't remember what you said it in reference to but something about liking something but not sure if it was your style. That's the fun part. You've got your foundation pieces. Now it's time to add the fun, the unexpected, those pieces that don't dictate your style per se'.
For instance a funkier side table than you wouldn't normally choose is okay. The two don't have to match (I prefer they don't). Adding a different style floor lamp or colorful table lamp, an elephant statue whatever you like that doesn't go overboard kitschy which I highly doubt you would do, is the fun part of finishing your room and that's the part that you can change and add to all the time.
Great job!
February 9, 2014 at 6:21PM   
bunecca
Groveraxle -- I like those lamps -- they are cute! I might have to call our urban outfitters to see if they carry them in store. For some reason, the link to the lamps didn't work for me. Thanks for the ideas!

Jacey22 -- thanks, this whole experience has been fun! I agree about finding the fun pieces to represent personal style.

Someone had mentioned an indoor palm by the floor lamp. I wonder if I could keep it alive??
February 9, 2014 at 7:07PM   
abbyjean
Palms are very friendly, especially since you have windows/light right there, too. A touch of greenery in a room is soooo welcoming.
February 9, 2014 at 7:40PM   
Darla Scheuerman
I thing the room looks great. I have 2 chair and 1/2's (snugglers). Love them. I truly lounge in them.
February 9, 2014 at 7:53PM   
Darla Scheuerman
And I would definitely get drapes.
February 9, 2014 at 7:55PM   
bunecca
I will look into a palm -- I think it would be fun to have. Yes, still planning on drapes, too. My husband hung the curtain rod way too high :/ I didn't end up liking the particular rod I had picked out. He had to take it down and patch and re-paint. I'm surprised he is still talking to me at this point, lol.

I washed the Ikea curtains on delicate, but didn't see that you aren't supposed to dry them. Ooops. I dried them and they aren't in the best shape. I only opened one package, so I can take back the rest if I need to. I'm thinking that I may need to find drapes that can be washed/dried on delicate (with kids, who knows what can happen to fabric!).
February 10, 2014 at 11:11AM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Ok - I think that I have the same drapes. I wash them, put them in the dryer for a few minutes to warm them up, and then hang them on the clips. I arrange the pleats by running my hands from the top straight down to the floor. They dry pretty smooth. If you were after completely smooth panels, you will have to press them or get something different. These are 100% cotton. If you are after a more casual look, use the damp-dry-hand-press routine. For a more formal look, get panels that have polyester in the fabric.

In my post on January 30, I said that these were more casual. And, of course, if you don't care for them, send them back. At least the price was right! I love mine.
February 10, 2014 at 12:23PM     
bunecca
Thanks Sandy -- maybe I will try ironing them to smooth them out. Yes, the price was amazing. By far more affordable than drapes that are $150 per panel (buying 8 panels!). :)
February 10, 2014 at 2:05PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Go ahead and iron them and hang them up. You might want to spray them lightly with plain water to hand press in the pleats. You really do need to train them a little bit.
February 10, 2014 at 2:48PM   
bunecca
Hi all! I haven't vanished :) We have had the flu constantly in our house for the past month and everything was put on hold.
I'm still deciding on the drapes. Love the fabric and color - but they blend in almost exactly with the wall color.

I was thinking about these panels from West Elm which are a light gray. It would add a touch of contrast and I can tie them in with a throw blanket and throw pillows: http://www.westelm.com/products/cotton-canvas-grommet-curtain-frost-gray-t1002/?lineid=16&cm_src=E%3Awindow-panels-curtains-shades||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-&catalogId=42

I'm still waiting for the curtain rods I want to come back in stock -- and then I can get going again!
March 4, 2014 at 7:00AM   
tlparks
I wonder if the light gray West Elm drapes would be a little bland behind your light colored chair. How about looking at their Scribble Feather Gray drapes.
March 4, 2014 at 7:15AM   
hanna1984
Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. Various kinds of flus and other viruses have been running rampant this fall and winter!
March 4, 2014 at 8:06AM   
bunecca
tlparks -- I love those Scribble Feaather drapes -- do you think they would compete too much with the medallions in the rug? I'm always uncertain of how to mix patterns.

hanna1984 -- thank you -- we have gotten hit by every horrible flu strain this winter. Hopefully we're done :)
March 4, 2014 at 8:57AM   
tlparks
I actually would like to see the combination. I'm not a professional, but I would love to see what they would look like hanging in your room. My sister bought them and really likes them. I always tell my relatives, that I help with their own reno's and redecorating, that you sometimes just have to try it to get a feel of it in the room. I'm not a tech person, so maybe someone like groveraxle will step in and do a visual mockup for you. Please consider those Scribble Feather drapes. Good luck!
March 4, 2014 at 9:04AM   
tlparks
Hi, bunecca. So what did you decide about trying the West Elm drapes I suggested?
March 5, 2014 at 5:54AM   
bunecca
Maybe someone can photoshop them in a pic so I can see what they would look like with the rug :)
I only opened 1 pkg of the Ikea drapes, so I can take the other 3 packages back if I decide on something else like the West Elm drapes.
March 5, 2014 at 6:17AM     
Maybe someone can.
March 5, 2014 at 7:56AM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- groveraxel, you are the best!
March 5, 2014 at 8:06AM   
hanna1984
Nice!
March 5, 2014 at 8:07AM     
Ivory burlap and slate stripe:
March 5, 2014 at 8:16AM   
bunecca
Groveraxle -- amazing! Thank you! Do you mind me asking where the striped drapes are from?

What do you all think? Do you think it needs the contrast?
I love the casual linen, but does it blend in with my wall color too much?
March 5, 2014 at 9:12AM   
bunecca
And Groveraxle, you totally picked up on my hint ;)
March 5, 2014 at 9:13AM     
janetmm59
I will say I have the west elm curtains and love them but I had to make repeated trips back and forth to get the lengths close to same length. The quality control dept must have been on vacation.
March 5, 2014 at 9:18AM   
bunecca, all the curtains are from West Elm. I do like the striped ones in your room. They seem to add the right amount of punch.
March 5, 2014 at 9:38AM   
kati1221
No pro but I love the stripes! Something different.
March 5, 2014 at 9:43AM   
bunecca
I am liking the stripes, too. I'm sad I missed West Elm's big sale on curtains. But I might just have to bite the bullet.

Interesting about some of the curtains from WE being different lengths! I would have to order online, so that would be problematic if I had to keep sending them back. I will be traveling in 2 weeks and will be close to a West Elm -- maybe I should have them open the packages for me so I can make sure they are all the same lengths (they would love that!).
March 5, 2014 at 11:27AM   
bunecca
Darn, the stripe curtains only come in 84 and 96" lengths. I need 108". I'll call a store to see if they have them in those lengths.
March 5, 2014 at 11:31AM   
bunecca
Well, huge bummer -- they are sold out on those stripe curtains (I guess they went down to $19.99 in stores) and won't be restocking them.

What do you think about the zig zag print? http://www.westelm.com/products/cotton-canvas-bold-stripe-window-panel-feather-gray-t585/?lineid=26&cm_src=E%3AAutoRACRel&catalogId=42

Pretty similar in color -- but is the chevron "done"?
March 5, 2014 at 11:44AM     
hanna1984
I actually like the zig zag better. :)
March 5, 2014 at 1:53PM   
hanna1984
If you like it, then it isn't "done". I know what you mean, though. :)
March 5, 2014 at 1:55PM   
bunecca
Hannah, true -- I should go with what I like vs worrying about trends. And bonus, they have the lengths I need!
March 5, 2014 at 3:03PM     
hanna1984
Yay! :D
March 5, 2014 at 3:05PM   
Nancy Walton
I like the Scribbles drape that was in grover's first pic.
March 5, 2014 at 3:48PM   
tlparks
I like the Scribbles, too :)
March 5, 2014 at 3:51PM   
Curb Appeal Renovations
This room is so fun! What great colors and patterns. Loving the progress.
March 5, 2014 at 3:53PM   
I like the chevron, maybe even better than the stripes. I like the larger pattern. It's less busy than the Scribbles.
March 5, 2014 at 6:54PM     
tlparks
I really think the Scribbles ties in with the floral pillow. Just my opinion.
March 5, 2014 at 9:20PM   
bunecca
Thank you all for your input! Now to decide between Scribbles and chevron!
March 6, 2014 at 7:09AM   
janetmm59
This is scribbles with white cellular behind it. Scribbles design matches your pillow design. These are the feather grey ones.
March 6, 2014 at 7:25AM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Chiming in just a little - and I do not want to confuse you. It might be a good idea to choose drapery panels based on how they work with your rug. It was a much bigger investment than your pillows and will probably be in your home much longer.

The panels shown above conflict with the pattern in your rug. Both are organic in nature but in very different ways that don't really jibe. The stripe and chevron suggested by groveraxle would be much better choices. They have color, which you want, and the patterns do not fight with your rug because they are linear.
March 6, 2014 at 1:30PM     
bunecca
Thanks SandyG, that makes sense. The rug was fairly expensive and we probably won't change it out like we would change out pillows.

Janetmm59 -- those drapes look nice in that room!
March 6, 2014 at 7:34PM     
tlparks
Pouty face. LOL. I really like the Scribbles. I always thought if you had a large, bold-patterned rug that it looks nice to use a smaller pattern for drapes. It just feels more "right" to me, but again, I'm not the expert. :)
March 7, 2014 at 6:25AM   
Nancy Walton
I agree, tlparks
March 7, 2014 at 6:33AM     
hanna1984
The sofa has become the focus now - much larger presence in the room, so the chevron won't be the dominate feature. I like the chevron with the sofa. :)
March 7, 2014 at 7:09AM   
bunecca
I love all of your input. That is the awesome part about design -- we all have different ideas :). I love hearing all of them!

Geez, another set back -- I have a little one just diagnosed with Celiac. It will be a miracle if I get the time to put the finishing touches on this room! I just need to hurry and order drapes.
March 7, 2014 at 9:56AM     
hanna1984
Oh, I'm sorry your little one is sick. I know this is a stressful time. :)
March 7, 2014 at 10:00AM     
I'm sorry about the diagnosis. It will take some time, but you'll learn to manage it and it will become second nature. The good news is your room could stop right here and still look great, so don't worry if you have to put things on hold for a bit.
March 7, 2014 at 11:07AM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- So sorry to hear about your child's trouble. You will learn how to manage this, being Mom-Nurse. Yes, your LR can wait and is good to go for now. Spaces are always evolving and you will enjoy changing things up through the years. The focus now should be on your child - the rest can wait!
March 7, 2014 at 12:18PM     
bunecca
I just ordered the zig zag feather gray drapes from West Elm. I feel like doing a happy dance! They should be here next week. I still haven't found a floor lamp, but I do know what house plant I want -- a Fiddle leaf fig. I also ordered a throw from West Elm. Now I just need a big tray to set on the ottoman as well. I will update with pics when the drapes are hung :)
March 26, 2014 at 8:28AM     
bunecca
Curtains from West Elm are arriving Monday. I had to order the curtain rods online because Target never re-stocks them. Can't wait to post pics!

I did get a tray for the ottoman like someone suggested earlier. I will be getting some coasters from Anthropologie to put in the tray.

Went to Home Goods to look for a floor lamp and no dice. I think I will order the one from Urban Outfitters that Groveraxle suggested a while back.

I'll post a pic of the tray . . .
March 29, 2014 at 9:44AM     
abbyjean
Look what a pretty pretty room you have! Nice work with this and hope all is going well with your family.
March 29, 2014 at 5:01PM     
Belinda Arbon
Think it looks great...good job :)
March 29, 2014 at 6:17PM   
Tess Wakefield
Room looks great. A bigger tray may work better?
March 29, 2014 at 7:31PM   
bunecca
Thanks all -- Tess -- this is the biggest tray I could find :) You can't really tell in the pic, but the ottoman is just so darn big. The tray was only $15 at Home goods, so I grabbed it. If I find a bigger one I like, I'll get it later :)

Curtains and rods arriving this week, hallelujah ( we moved in this house a year and a half ago . . . it's about time!)
March 30, 2014 at 6:34PM   
abbyjean
It is about time! True then, that good things come to those who wait!
March 30, 2014 at 7:07PM   
bunecca
Well, 6 out of the 8 curtain panels arrived yesterday. Looks like I need to make an appointment with the iron, yikes. Guess that will keep me occupied until the curtain rods get here. Anyways, I love the colors and think they will perk up the sitting room and dining area windows.

It's early morning and lighting isn't great -- the picture below looks kinda yellowish. But it gives an idea . . .
April 1, 2014 at 7:31AM     
I think they look perfect! Well, except for the wrinkles, but they are definitely worth the effort to iron.
April 1, 2014 at 9:48AM   
bunecca
^^thanks -- yes, the ironing will be worth it in the end!

I got a throw (someone suggested a throw over the chair a while back. They also suggested to get rid of the faux fur cream throw on the sofa)

So, I am challenged with throws. They always look awkward. Am I masking this too difficult? Lol

Any tips on the new throw?
I liked the cream throw, but am trying to figure out a new place for it
April 1, 2014 at 5:58PM   
bunecca
*making, not masking (ugh, my iPad . . . )
April 1, 2014 at 5:58PM   
tlparks
In my opinion, you might have to wait until the drapes are hung before deciding on the throw. I feel like it might look better on the other chair in the room. The other chair has solid colored pillows, and it doesn't have a large print behind it (the drapes). Maybe try that and post another pic.
April 1, 2014 at 6:11PM   
Ab
Love the yellow rug and the scribbles curtains! Glad you removed the two patterned chairs.
April 1, 2014 at 7:01PM   
Everyone makes throws too difficult. I found a bunch of photos of throws carefully folded and draped with a pillow placed just so. C'mon, it's called a THROW for a reason. IMO, this is how it should look:

Ready to grab and snuggle into.
April 1, 2014 at 7:43PM     
bunecca
Yep, now that I look at the throw, the stripes might clash with the chevron. I threw it on the other chair for now.

And yes, the space feels better without the two small armless chairs!
April 1, 2014 at 7:44PM   
bunecca
Groveraxle -- you're right. so funny -- I try to fold it all nicely and it still doesn't look right. I am going to just throw in on the chair and call it good :)
April 1, 2014 at 7:46PM     
tlparks
I know u have already chosen the chevron drapes, but this is the ONLY time I disagree with groveraxle's suggestion. I still envision the scribbles drapes (insert pouty face) ...
April 1, 2014 at 8:23PM   
bunecca
The Scribble drapes are nice too :). I just picked the ones that felt more "me". It was really hard to choose, though (I mentioned earlier that it took me a year and a half ;))
April 1, 2014 at 9:10PM   
Nancy Walton
I'm glad to see they go so nicely in the room. In the photoshopped image they looked too gray and bright white.
April 1, 2014 at 11:59PM   
abbyjean
Wish I could help iron....I never mind doing that with drapes like this. Anxious to see the change they make in your home.
April 2, 2014 at 4:45PM   
bunecca
Abbyjean -- if only we were neighbors , I would put you to work!

I wish the curtain rods from Target would hurry and arrive!
April 2, 2014 at 8:32PM   
motupeg
beautiful room. I like what you are doing bunecca!
April 3, 2014 at 9:19AM   
bunecca
Thank you, motupeg :)

Well, 4 panels ironed and hung. It took me an hour and a half to iron 4 panels.
Now on to the next 4!
April 3, 2014 at 7:09PM     
abbyjean
Hopefully you could watch tv or visit with the family or something while ironing that long. Half done! Hurray!!!
April 3, 2014 at 7:11PM     
tlparks
Do we get a pic of the 4 hung panels? :)
April 3, 2014 at 7:14PM     
bunecca
I watched lots of Netflix with my kids while I ironed. And I made my husband hang the curtain rods :)

Here's a pic of the living area. I love it!

I have them hung in the kitchen area too. I am ordering some prints for the kitchen and I can't wait to see how that turns out as well.

Here's the room so far
April 3, 2014 at 9:23PM     
L O V E.
April 3, 2014 at 9:51PM     
motupeg
Really Kool! I like your room a lot.
April 3, 2014 at 10:26PM     
Nancy Walton
Very nice!
April 3, 2014 at 10:33PM     
bunecca
Thanks all, for your help! It has been such a great process to see the room evolve into something we love!
April 4, 2014 at 5:59AM   
tlparks
I'm so in love with your room. Ahhhh...
April 4, 2014 at 6:18AM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Very cool! One small tweek would be to switch the solid gold pillow over to the other chair and the patterned one. A bit stronger color by the draperies and some pattern on the stairway wall.
April 4, 2014 at 7:49AM     
bunecca
Thanks Sandy G -- I swapped the pillows. Does this look better?

The first pic is so dark, but gives the idea
April 4, 2014 at 8:24AM   
tlparks
Hmm, I like some yellow back by the stairwell wall.
April 4, 2014 at 10:03AM   
bunecca
Also, I'm starting a thread on our home office that I want to add pops of cobalt blue to. I'd love it if any of you want to pop into that room as well as give ideas!
April 4, 2014 at 12:00PM   
abbyjean
Will you post a link here to your office thread? LOVE this room!!!
April 4, 2014 at 3:15PM   
bunecca
Thank you abbyjean -- this room has done a 180 since I started!

Yes, the thread for my office is: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/926736/Decorating-our-home-office-in-white-and-cobalt-#2277325

It is in need of serious assistance, but has some potential :)
April 4, 2014 at 3:46PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Ya - You need more color over on the stair wall. Solid gold pillow over there will do it. A little blue between the rug and draperies would be nice too. Pull the colors around the room.
April 6, 2014 at 10:19AM     
Janice Robinson
How about having the couch face the fireplace with a chair on each side facing in?
April 6, 2014 at 2:29PM   
Nancy Walton
Hey Janice, scroll up and check out the last posted photo!
April 6, 2014 at 3:13PM   
Janice Robinson
I've joined a community of mind readers! Lol!
April 6, 2014 at 4:12PM   
abbyjean
Funny, Janice! And sooooo correct!!! Welcome!
April 6, 2014 at 6:27PM   
bunecca
Haha, yes, the furniture placement was the first thing I changed with the help from this board!

Just need to add a floor lamp and I'm pretty much good to go :)
April 7, 2014 at 1:39PM   
1beth58
Your room looks great!!
April 7, 2014 at 5:38PM     
Help me pull together this living room!
The 30 foot walls are a bit overwhelming for my meek...
Help me pull together my Living Room!
We moved into a brand new house about a year and a...
Please help me pull this room together.
Open to all suggestions. I just painted and I am struggling...
Need help pulling together my living room, defining a style
We are in a small rental for 2 years, after getting...
Need helping pulling living room together.
What can I do to pull this room together. I am open...
HELP!! Drape dilemma
I have a black and ivory zebra rug in my great room...
Houzzers help!
I've got to finalize my backsplash today. What do you...
What can be done with window
Only window in room. How can I decorate the only window...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
What color should I be?
I found this free Armoire and I am considering painting...