Master Bath Layout - I am Stumped!
mq1177
Hi Everyone, My husband and I are undertaking our first major home project by adding on a master suite. We are totally stumped by the bath design and I am not really loving anything that we have come up with so far. Here is what we would like:
-double vanity
-his and her closets (walk-in even if they are on the smaller side)
-water closet
-stand alone tub
-separate shower
Our space is fairly large - I think?!? And I thought we would be able to fit everything but our architect hasn't been able to put it all together. So - here are the latest 2 optionss - Anyone out there have any ideas to make the space better or opinions for some first timers???

Thanks a ton!
Michelle
The 1st option (left) is more ideal for the bedroom area. Perhaps switch the door and bathtub location for the ensuite.
January 16, 2014 at 12:28PM   
Amy Stokes
I like the second one, but I would get rid of the hallway between the bath and closet. Also, I would flip the vanity and tub walls so that you see the vanity when you walk in. I think seeing the mirrors first makes the bath look bigger.
January 16, 2014 at 12:37PM   
talegate
I like the first one better yet I would play with the bathroom layout more. If you decide to go with the second one, I would switch the bathroom with the closet to add a window.
January 16, 2014 at 5:23PM   
kathy
In comparing the layouts to your wish list, the only thing missing is the separate closets. Is it that important to you? The closet in layout 2 could have a could have a wall separating the 2 halves, with 2 doors. Each closet would end up approximately 7' L x 4.5' W. That's still quite alot of space for each person - and (just) enough space to walk in.

In layout 1, you could enter the closet from the bathroom, allowing you again to build that separating wall. Here I would only build a 4' long wall - ie one entry to closet, with just enough wall to mark his and her sides.

I just saw the patio doors in both layouts - so layout 1 bedroom works better. But I would still try to rework bathroom layout - I would want several windows - and not in the shower!
January 16, 2014 at 6:52PM   
Master Bath Design - I am Stumped!
Hi Everyone, My husband and I are undertaking our first...
I am searching for oversized mirrors for master bath.
Any recommendations on vendors? One would need to...
Kitchen cabinet update?removing center of cabinets
I want to remove the center of some of the wood cabinets...
New wall and trim paint help
2 years ago we repainted our kitchen/keeping room a...
Please help my house be irresistible... Curb appeal needed
Looking to sell and need some help in the curb appeal...
Need feedback on Proposed Plan remodel
Hi We are finalizing our plans for a remodel of...
Greige coloured Carpet
After long pondering we want to find carpet- most likely-...