Bedroom Floor Lay-out - Plan attached...Advice Please
trendimom
Hi All - I have two drawings/lay-out of a proposed garage level floor. The first one - by architect - shows a wider garage (so two cars fit side by side) and more space for a playroom and a bedroom in the space in front of the garage. The second one is modified by keeping the existing length of the garage (cars enter in tandem) and adds in an extra bedroom at the front of the house with a window.

I am not sure of the cost of either but would it be worth adding in a bedroom at the front, plus a window or is the larger playroom space more beneficial? If anyone else has clever ideas, please let me know. I have a bedroom dilemma to follow which picks up on this one (and is the reason for adding in a bedroom on garage level).

Thanks!!!
OnePlan
only one image attached !
January 16, 2014 at 11:52pm   
Multiple posts.
January 17, 2014 at 5:53am   
printesa
I know you have several posts regarding layouts. This one seems to be for the first floor, while the other ones are for the second floor. Is that correct?
If that is the case, I'm a bit confused,.,the staircase seems to be on the opposite corner when looking at your other dilemmas, which have the staircase on the lower right had corner.
January 17, 2014 at 6:08am   
trendimom
Thank you all. For some reason, the site wouldn't let me attach a windows file (which was a snapshot of a PDF architect drawing). Sorry for being so confusing and I appreciate looking at this.

There are three floors (actually 4 but leaving aside the basement). I posted a bedroom floor (level 3) lay-out dilemma ; and this is a garage floor (level 1). I took out a bedroom on level 3 and added a new one on level 1 so that there are 4 bedrooms in the house (house is unfortunately narrow and tall).

I wondered if this configuration was better than the previous one which showed a wider garage and a wider playroom area as opposed to the new one with an added bedroom and a small playroom. The new lay-out also means that the bedroom level 3 has only two bedrooms and 1 study/guest room with skylights only.( Not really functional as a bedroom because there are no windows)

OnePlan - happy to consult with you in another fashion if you are willing. I am seeing my architect today (these are all my ideas!) but he is less of an ideas man and more of a functional guy.

Thanks for everyone's input. Any other lay-out options or ideas?
January 17, 2014 at 8:25am     
OnePlan
hi ! always willing ( lol ) ! drop me an email - I am UK time zone!!
January 18, 2014 at 1:23am   
trendimom
Thanks a million. I was dashing to see architect and then we were away. I can't seem to email off my messages. How can I drop you an email?
January 27, 2014 at 4:03pm   
OnePlan
Sorry I missed this post !
January 28, 2014 at 10:27am   
Help with Door & Shutter Paint Color!!!!
We just purchased a new front door for our home, which...
No door on our bathroom! How would you add one?
The house we're buying has a master bathroom with no...
what goes with a teal couch??
I have this light teal couch and love seat and have...
Help! What rug would work with my patterned curtains?!
Hello! I'm decorating my bedroom and I need to find...
Help!! How should we place our can lights in the ceiling???
We are about to remodel our kitchen, and had an electrician...