Should I replace these with cabinets with double-sided glass doors ?
j9nine
I have a dark kitchen. I saw the double-sided glass doors in Houzz and thought maybe I could replace the upper cabinets with the glass doors. The other side is finished as a wall.
howellmsue
I would remove them if possible. I think that would be the best case scenario. Double sided glass doors might not be so bad either.... I personally don't like seeing the clutter of whats inside. And if I am going to just put a few showcase pieces in there, why bother having them? I think it would open up both rooms tremendously if you removed them altogether.
January 17, 2014 at 5:51pm        Thanked by j9nine
wisneb
Good to see my cats aren't the only ones trying to get in the pics! lol
January 17, 2014 at 7:26pm      Thanked by j9nine
jenakeroyd
Yup, just remove them. Matching the style of your current cabinetry with glass cabinets might be too challenging.
January 17, 2014 at 7:30pm      Thanked by j9nine
HI -- Do you need those overhead cabinets or can you learn to live without them ? I really think the whole room would look better if the cabinets were all removed and that area left open. Having glass door cabinets there is still an obstruction . The way it is now is sort of old fashioned looking. Love your little spooky eyed cat !
January 17, 2014 at 7:51pm      Thanked by j9nine
des1gnchick
If your kitchen would still work without the cabinets I would remove them. If not, go with glass inserts in the upper cabinets and see if you can even the wall on the other side to a single level for a cleaner look
January 17, 2014 at 9:48pm      Thanked by j9nine
Aliza Goldsmith
we had a similar situation and knocked it out. made a world of difference in our house and was well worth loosing a few cabinets.
January 17, 2014 at 10:13pm      Thanked by j9nine
MarleneM
I would remove them altogether also. And that stepped wall doesn't look right. If you need storage it looks like you could add upper cabinets on the wall where you have a picture hanging.
January 17, 2014 at 11:42pm        Thanked by j9nine
lucidos
I have to agree here ..Put the cabinets on the wall as Marlene suggested. Even find cabinets that will flank either side as in the image below. Then open and square off that wall. Hang some decorative lighting over the sink. This will update and lighten the kitchen considerably.
January 17, 2014 at 11:59pm      Thanked by j9nine
Refinishing Project
Need ideas how to refinish this pair of nightstands...
Should we move the commode?
We are diy renovating our kids bath. Everything is...
Refurbish old stone fireplace
We have an old rock fireplace (1938) that needs work...
What color should we paint our two front double doors?
The shutters and double doors are now black. We would...
Help with decorating ideas!!!!
I was thinking I would out a blood orange rug and drapes.......