grammielinda
January 30, 2012 in Photo Questions
I need a vanity stool taller than the average one of 17'', is that a pillow on top of that chair, or is it actually part of the chair. I want my entire vanity (sink and make-up area) to be the same height. I have a vintage, traditional style. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
It appears to be a separate cushion but if so, it wouldn't be too secure on the chair. For your application, I would recommend looking at chairs designed for countertop height. Bar stools are the highest, then countertop stools/chairs and then those that are for 30" dining height surfaces. There are many different styles available so I'm sure you could find a modified parson style countertop chair in a suitable upholstery.
February 4, 2012 at 9:51AM   
jen8675309
I am looking for the same thing for the exact same reason, let me know what you find.
March 8, 2012 at 3:02AM   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Are either of you in Canada? If so, let me know and I'll find you a local source.
March 8, 2012 at 11:56AM   
grammielinda
Thank's, very kind, but I am in California:(
March 16, 2012 at 12:24PM   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
:) No frowns about living in California! Must be wonderful! I am a "web friend" with a designer in Seattle--Faith Sheridan. Maybe you could email her and ask her for an American source for upholstered countertop-height chairs? Just Google her for her contact info. She has a great website too.
March 16, 2012 at 12:30PM   
Bathroom up do
Moving on to the next room. I need a paint color for...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Kitchen help please
My kitchen cabinets were installed recently and I'm...
Neutral wall color for vintage cottage
I have a vintage cottage and don't want to paint the...
Need Help on Exterior Paint Colors
I have recently purchased the house in the photos....