Little London house
starbear
We need a little more interest for the wall in the corner of this small family room. We don't have shelves in the rest of the room so we could do with some to hold books, photos and one or two ornaments. We can't have a big piece of furniture as the room is very small.
Any ideas?
I have attached a photo of the window sill in this room to show our general style. We also like Art Deco and the house generally has a updated twist on this style. Lots of mid brown wood and brass.
Malcolm Duffin Design
Add some individuality with a mural or bespoke wall heres a few examples of ones I have done for clients in the past they will add so much to your space.
January 19, 2014 at 3:50am     
starbear
Thank you, interesting ideas. My husband doesn't like hanging wallpaper and I don't know how to. We are happy with the space near our dining table. Ideas for shelving and unit for the t.v maybe. Love the rooms you have shown especially the living room...maybe if we win the lottery we will love the look you have here :-)
January 19, 2014 at 4:07am   
leelee
You don't have to go small because your room is small. If fact, you have too many little things around that makes for a bit of a cluttered look. A console with the TV mounted on the wall above would make a huge difference and also hide components. The bookshelf is crowding your dining area. Could it be moved to a bedroom or less obtrusive place?

Love your framed London poster.
January 19, 2014 at 5:23am   
starbear
Leelee, I agree with your comment but, bookcase has to be there as it keeps all our reference, dictionaries, cookery and books to help with home work. I do think a room without books is undressed:-)

I like the units you have shown and I wish we put the t.v higher to have something like this underneath but my DH thought the Tv too high would give us neck strain!

We also need a shelve to display photos and some bold art such as a statue or vase (and to display birthday cards 3 times a year.).

Maybe a unit that you've shown with 1 long shelf in the same wood might be cool. What do you think?
January 19, 2014 at 5:52am   
starbear
Now you have made me think. The books could go here? If I find the right bookcase. It's a bit of a mess today and that is a blanket box that had to come out of a bedroom. Should sell it really!
January 19, 2014 at 6:04am   
starbear
Sorry I was impatience for the picture to load up. I am in the middle of batch cooking for the week and freezer! So must sign off before some of it burns while other things turn to mush. Thank for the ideas keep them coming.
January 19, 2014 at 6:08am     
Little London home
We need a little more interest for the wall in the...
Big House, Little House, Back House, Barn...
This reminds me so much of the above book. Your work...
turning this house into nice loft or little modern country house.
Do you have any ideas,pictures,experience about turning...
The little house
That is the nicest little house I've seen! What is...
Your best advice to keep slugs at bay
Few things are as annoying as slugs. They're a gardener's...
Urgent help!!!! Jacuzzi tub needs a dedicated electrical outlet
It's new construction and nobody caught the fact that...
Do you have a safe in your house?
Do you keep a safe in your home for storing valuables?...
What topics would you like to see more of?
Now that the shiny new Houzz UK has launched, we want...
what color wooden floor will look like this
Please mention pattern and texture too if possible...