Love your designs
aileenunger
January 20, 2014 in Photo Questions
I love your design work! I have been to your website many times. I am building a house and our kitchen will be very similar to this one . I would greatly appreciate your opinion as to whether I do the Island in black or in white. We are thinking of a honed absolute black counter on the perimeter and a white granite or quartzite on the Island or maybe white on both. The house is "contemporary farmhouse " in style. White batten board running vertically on the outside with a black shiny front door and black shigle roof. We are going for a very clean monochromatic look. Your kitchen looks awesome but we will have only one Isalnd. It will have three or four barstools. The pulls on the cabinetry will be the long stainless rod pulls. Our kichen opens up completely to the family room. The kithen is essentially one long wall with a very short wall on the right and a long Island. WE will have white cabinets on the perimeter , long flat white subway tiles ( a bit longer than usual) running to the ceiling and a few cabinets with glass inserts on the upper, a range against the wall with a stainless steel hood and floating stainless shelves . Not many upper cabinets as there will also be a large window over a 36 inch gray enamel farmhouse sink. Opposite this wall and Island is the family room and the far wall will have a contemporary linear gas fireplace with black stones instead of logs. Hope this wasn't to much. I would love to hear your thoughts!
Urrutia Design
Hi Aileen,
Thank you for your nice words, they are much appreciated. Sounds like you're on your way to designing a very nice kitchen. If you would like some help tying together the loose ends we are available on a consultation basis. We can be reached at our office 415 332-7777 or you can email me directly at ju@urrutiadesign.com
--Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
January 20, 2014 at 11:18AM   
Need help with designing kitchen lighting plan
I"m renovating my existing kitchen and need advice...
Formal dining set
Our formal dining area, still need to add some artwork/decor...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
Storybook Ranch needs facelift and curb appeal
Our first house together! And I'm stuck dealing with...
Suggestions for what to hang in breakfast nook
Need help on what to do with this large blank wall!...