I need sofa and other design ideas for this BORING living room!
asiadf
My boyfriend and I have a newly purchased Brownstone condo in Boston. We just remodeled the kitchen but have NO IDEA what to do with this bare/awkward living area. We just bought the tan couch but don't know what other piece of furniture that will go well with it. Chairs? A love seat? what colors? what fabrics? Is it too small for a coffee table? We have gray walls and the kitchen is an open concept with the living room. The kitchen is cherry wood with a white tile back splash. We don't even have bar stools yet!! So if anyone has any idea how to pep up this living space it would be greatly appreciated. Right now it looks like a bachelor pad, and needs a lot of work! Thanks so much for any feedback!!!
purehome
Since you have a great, industrial space, I would emphasize it's gorgeous details with a rustic, knotty wood mantle, sleek and modern sectional, and a larger area rug with a high pile (shaggy) for texture. Some dark curtain panels on either side of each of your windows with a couple of accent chairs and ottomans will really complete the look!

Can you send me the dimensions of your room so I can put together a rendering for you? A floor plan sketched out on a piece of paper will do!

Regards,

Andie P., ASID
Interior Designer
Purehome.com
2 Likes   Thanked by asiadf    January 20, 2014 at 12:35PM
biamel18
I would start changing the direction of your couch and rug. Some barstools and maybe 1 or 2 chairs on the wall.
1 Like   Thanked by asiadf    January 20, 2014 at 12:38PM
carolins
Would something like this for barstools be too industrial looking for you? Charlie Industrial Metal Design Tractor Seat Bar Stool

I would put the sofa 'floating' in the room, so that it is facing the fireplace. A chair in the corner to the left of the fireplace. I think it would be a shame to cover up your beautiful floor too much, so I'd go with a smallish rug that goes in front of the sofa, not under it.

Some chair ideas:
Winchester Armchair
Becca Lounge, Orange Wool Fabric

Vintage Turkish Kilim Rug From Milas by Turkish Kilim
1 Like   Thanked by asiadf    January 20, 2014 at 12:59PM
asiadf
Thank you all! @Pure Home, I would love that!! I will take a look at those as soon as possible and send them to you Thanks!
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:19AM
purehome
Perfect- I will look forward to it!

Andie, Purehome.com
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 11:03AM
Jen Beach
I have come up with a floor plan and shopping list to help you complete your space.
You can put large art on the walls above the storage cabinets. You can make purple your accent color. I have chosen a purple pattern chair. You can ass pattern/ color seat cushions to the stools and decorative pillows to the chair and sofa. If there is space, you can add a console table placed on the back of the sofa.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 2:34PM
No, no, no. It should be illegal to cover that beautiful brick wall. That unit to the left of the fireplace must go. Away. Anywhere but there.

Arrange your furniture as shown below. Center the TV and lower it a bit. One chair on the left, two if there's space. A reclaimed wood coffee table and industrial bar stools.

Art. More art. I show a canvas reproduction of a Jean-Michel Basquiat, perfect for this space. What a great room this will be!
3 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 4:19PM
Oh, you must have the atomic lobster arc lamp from cb2: http://www.cb2.com/atomic-lobster-arc-floor-lamp/s442341

This space deserves it; do it for the space.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 4:21PM
abbyjean
LOVE the idea to float the couch toward the fireplace and maybe your rug will work right there in front of it, too. Can the piece from the corner go between the windows then, or do you need it near the tv?
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:54PM
carolins
If you need media storage (I'm guessing that's what's in the black unit next to the fireplace), you can opt for something lower that either goes on the brick wall, but doesn't cover it up so much.
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 3:41AM
Infinity Wall Art
That's a nice clean room you have there, the spaces above the sofa could do with wall decals to grab attention and to complete the room's awesomeness! You can take a look at the designs that you might be interested in on our website at: http://www.infinitywallart.com/wallstickers
0 Likes   September 30, 2014 at 7:30AM
I need help designing my boring living room!
This room is very bland. I want our living room to...
acampbell22
Boring living room needs some ideas :-)
Just need some ideas what I can do with this living...
cthomson21
Need help for design ideas for our 900 sq ft boring great room
Heres the situation. Have 900 sq ft great room built...
Jason Yeldell
Need help designing boring living room.
Hello all, I have recently moved into a apartment...
wollyberry
I need ideas on how to arrange sofas and TV in my new living room
Hello guys. I really need help on how it is best to...
Alexis Mansour
Top views. Our favorite :)
We use true-to-life images to present our ideas to...
Vanguard development LA
Scavenger hunt
Can ANYONE tell me where to find this door? I have...
redchilihothots
mommag109
We want cork flooring that looks like concrete flooring. Ideas?
Hi all, We are redesigning our office. We would love...
Jessica Althoff
Chicken or the Egg?
I have a textured ceiling with a stress crack. When...
Patricia Badaczewski