Master Bathroom needs Romantic help
reaprayzer
Rectangular master bathroom with alcove garden tub, alcove tile shower, open commode across short wall from single bowl vanity with attached step down dressing table. Counter top is composite of recycled green glass with some blue and brown pieces on an off white background. Vanity is cherry wood finish. Mirrors are dark red/mahogany finish. Walls are beige, tile floor is beige, tile splash in shower and tub surround is accented with green and blue tiles. Plumbing and lighting metal is brushed nickel finish. Only trim is white at doorways and base. One opaque square window over garden tub.
Pick up that green and blue theme with paint. Add glass to the shower instead of the curtain and rod. Paint the cabinetry and trim white. Consider a stained glass window that repeats the pattern you already have going. R-E-S-P-E-C-T living room Ranch House zen bathroom
January 20, 2014 at 1:01pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
biamel18
I would change the mirror to a large one. Paint a mint green or blueish... If you have the budget for a glass door ob the shower great if not keep it simple
January 20, 2014 at 1:03pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
Barbara Griffith Designs
Add a patterned valance (using the blues & greens in the tile accents) over the window over the tub. Hang it very high and just cover the top of the window frame and window. Add a matching valance hung at the same height in front of the shower. Hang a lower rod behind the valance with a solid color shower curtain. This whole look softens the area. You could look for ready made curtains with large grommets at the top and cut the bottom to re-hem and hang on simple wooden rods.

In the sink area, I agree one very large mirror. It could be a sheet mirror that covers from corner to knee wall. Make it quite high and frame it with a frame from "Mirrormate". Add a much longer light fixture that hangs down. I also agree about painting the cabinet white. Add a great large rug.

For a little more romance, if there is a light fixture over the tub, change it out to a small chandelier on a chain.
January 20, 2014 at 1:22pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
reaprayzer
Trying to romanticize bathroom. Over the tub is a can light.
what would you think of maybe a chandelier and possibly some type of accent curtains for the window. What kind of pictures, wall décor??
January 20, 2014 at 1:24pm   
wisneb
Love deco's idea of the wall color in that one pic (Ranch House), and the matching round mirrors.
January 20, 2014 at 1:25pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
Barbara Griffith Designs
As I said earlier, I think the chandelier is perfect. Again, a large valance yes, as side panels will look awkward because of length. Art work choose last when you can see the finished space..just be sure to use large artwork with lots of colors.
January 20, 2014 at 1:36pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
reaprayzer
House is brand new... built by my new wife before we married so I am just trying to add to what she has and trying not to change any major decisions she made during the building process. I like the valance ideas, the chandelier & the rug. The large mirror will probably be expensive. What about types of wall décor, pictures etc??
January 20, 2014 at 1:50pm   
reaprayzer
got it Barbara Griffith Designs...thanks
January 20, 2014 at 1:52pm   
reaprayzer
where can you get shower curtain rods that match wall hung curtain rods??
January 20, 2014 at 2:27pm   
silk789
Change mirror. Paint cabinets white as well as the room. Small blue and green mosaic tile splashback for under mirror:
San Carlos Residence Two
and a nice chandelier:
Olympia Hills
January 20, 2014 at 2:42pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
Barbara Griffith Designs
If you hang the outer curtain high as suggested, you can use a wooden rod. Over a shower, for example I use a wooden closet pole and end brackets and cut & paint them you choice of colors. Panels with large grommets, or a large rod pocket, or large rings that will slide. For the window you can use same rod but add wooden finials. I then hang a regular shower rod underneath valance for the shower curtain. I like to use the solid color fabric liners that are available for the actual shower curtain. Sometimes I use long side panels on the outer rod with a matching valance between for a covering for the shower rod with reg. shower curtains behind them when stacked.
January 20, 2014 at 2:44pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
reaprayzer
Ceiling height is 9'. Top of tub window is 8'. Taking standard shower curtain lengths into consideration, what approximate height of window valances should be used??
January 20, 2014 at 3:16pm   
Barbara Griffith Designs
On an 8' ceiling the rod is hung as high as possible or as close to the ceiling as possible. The Valance from the bottom of the rod to the bottom of the hem is 16". I would use the same height valance for the window, but hang it as high as possible..close to the ceiling. The valance easily conceals the shower curtain rod.
January 20, 2014 at 3:42pm        Thanked by reaprayzer
brickln
Agree with the mirror suggestions and painting the vanity white or the color of the field tile in the shower area.
January 20, 2014 at 5:47pm   
We messed up the kitchen/dining room..:( Help!!
We had wood paneling initially and painted it white...the...
Window Treatment Suggestions
I wanted to install plantation shutters, but the tub...
Can you help? SUGGESTIONS FOR BARE WALL -STUMPED!
I'm STUMPED as to how I should decorate this bare wall....
Can't grow grass under these Live Oaks in Charleston
I love our two 500-year old Live Oaks, but we can't...