Glass showers
Christa Holsted
What is the best product to clean your glass shower? I have a custom built shower and have been very unlucky on finding something to clean it with! All I have is spots!
Galle Construction Inc
Trick is to buy a small squeegee that you can leave in the shower and use immediately after each shower, this will limit the spotting.
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 10:59AM
ionespear
I have posted the same sort of question but haven't seen a reply yet ;( I spend more time using the squeegee than I do showering, and the glass is still water stained, though it is not even a year old. I've tried every glass cleaner sold and have yet to get the shower glass clear. I will be looking for replies.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 3:16PM
nancyann0277a
Galle Construction Inc is right. We use a squeegee right after showering and glass stays beautiful and clear.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 3:52PM
Richard Pike
Squeegee right away or a mild white vinegar solution...it's enviro friendly1
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 4:02PM
heather_11
It could be your water ? Maybe use a Cleaner especially designed for calcium build up not necessarily a shower cleaner
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 4:12PM
kadodi
So glad we sold the house with the beautiful frameless custom glass door that was impossible to keep clean. Our new house has a "drive-thru" shower with no glass and no curtains.
2 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 4:34PM
plainjanesmith
My glass shower doesn't seem to spot - all I ever do is give it a really quick swipe with the squeegee. The installer told me the glass had a special finish to resist spotting. With previous glass doors, I had terrible spotting and I used white vinegar to clean them which worked great.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 5:46PM
Christa Holsted
Ok great! Thanks for all your help. I will get a squeegee and use a little white vinegar! Thanks again!
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 5:57PM
Amy Stokes
Be careful with vinegar if you have natural stone in your shower because the acid will etch the stone. You should use rubbing alcohol as an alternative.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 6:03PM
Christa Holsted
Amy I'm glad you mentioned that because we stone on the shower floor. Is rubbing alcohol better then diluted vinegar?
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 6:17PM
Amy Stokes
It will give you a streak free finish and it is ph neutral so it won't harm anything.
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 6:24PM
Christa Holsted
Ok I will try it! Can you tell me just how to use it so I can get the best result?
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 6:26PM
Amy Stokes
Put it in a squirt bottle and apply like windex. I buy the 90% and cut it with RO water. If you don't have good water, use the 70% at full strength. You should be able to get a gallon of it at a janitorial supply place, or liters at SAMs. I use it on my marble, mirrors, glass, stainless, ipad, etc. basically everything but wood and fabric.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 6:55PM
Christa Holsted
Great! Sounds easy enough! I will try it! Thanks again!
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 6:59PM
love2browse
Try a couple of drops of Dawn (original) dish soap in a bucket of water.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 7:10PM
jonathan3
Nothing worked on our glass. It just looked terrible. When we remodeled, we put up a wall with just a small doorway, in a standard-sized shower. No more glass to clean.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:15PM
swissmade22
I bought a water repellent spray from an auto shop, it works like a miracle.
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 8:43PM
mjmiller_color
Do you have a water softener?? Maybe your water is too hard. Even if you have one, you can set it to make the water softer. That would help with spots.
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 4:43AM
jclindberg
When the glass is squeaky clean, spray with Rain-X. It works the same as it does on your car's wind shield. The water just rolls off. If you need help getting the hard water spots off before you apply the Rain-X, Scrubbing Bubbles Extra power (the more expensive one with the cobalt blue spray top @ $4/can) works like magic!
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 5:12AM
Christa Holsted
Ok I cleaned my glass really well, used a squeegee then I used rain x and looks amazing. The rain x is amazing! Looks brand new again! Thanks for all your help!
0 Likes   January 23, 2014 at 6:16PM
Jolene
I clean mine and then wax them (with car wax). A razor blade can get some off too. Then always squeegee them. I would love a water softener some day to avoid spots.
0 Likes   January 23, 2014 at 9:46PM
Jolene
Rain x works but the fumes get to me. Ventilate well if you use it.
0 Likes   January 23, 2014 at 9:47PM
Shuler Architecture
We use something called 'Method Daily Shower':

http://methodhome.com/shop/daily-shower-spray/

No fumes and does a good job with a squeegee. You really do need to squeegee after every shower though.
0 Likes   January 23, 2014 at 10:02PM
VIMANA
Our family had a glass shower for many years. The trick is to use a small squeegee on the glass after each shower. Just before or after you dry yourself off. That really made the cleaning go a lot easier.
0 Likes   January 23, 2014 at 11:08PM
Kitchen ideas
I am buying a house that will be my retirement home...
seazr
Mid Century Dining Set
I need help finding a rectangular dining table to match...
fabianrd
Help!
I need help with my mantel. I don't think the white...
kimberlysc
Need help for my boy`s bedroom new design
Hi everyone.. My Family and i recently moved to another...
andrejoe
Master bedroom
Hi there - I was wondering if anyone knew the equivalent...
sab17