Do you have a gardener?
Jeannie Nguyen
How often does your gardener stop by? Is it worth the cost?

Share your experiences (good and bad) with us!

reba120
Yes...me.
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 3:07PM
bluenan
Ditto, Reba!
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 3:09PM
printesa
I'm curious of this, too. Whatever I have now doesn't require a gardener, but I do get help from my mother-in-law whenever we need help. This year we'll have all the landscaping done and that will require someone to come and help, at least in the first 3 years. The landscaper who designed the plan said that at the beginning, it's good to have someone come ones a month to just clean up a bit. Apparently the cost is not too bad. Around here, it's about $25 per hour. So it depends on the size and what needs to be done. The older gardens don't need that much care since there won't be many weeds.
As to if it's worth it..it depends on everyone's time and abilities. I love gardening, but there are times when I'm so busy with work that I don't have the time to go outside and do some cleaning.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 3:11PM
JRH76
Me - I love to garden and can't imagine hiring it out.
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 3:12PM
JRH76
Landscaping is a lot of work when you start from scratch. We had them put in all the big trees, rocks and shrubs and I've added perennials each year. It's amazing how my taste changes each year and I'm not a fan of some things I planted years before. But at least if I rip them out I know I'm only out the cost of the plant and not any labor.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 3:15PM
Stacey at Dohiy.com
My butler does a bit of light gardening when he's not butling. ;-)
4 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 3:16PM
easternhomebuilder
had landscaper lay out beds and do initil planting, but i designed the bed placement and sizes, and have maintained them for 4 years. whole lot of work, but very satisfying, and good exercise.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 3:17PM
grobby
Have a friend who likes to garden, and I let him go at it. He lives in an apt. and doesn't have an outside space. He also helps my 85 year neighbor, and with all the transplants from my garden, our yards are looking very much alike, Ivy, lirope, daisies. It's all fun.
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 5:38PM
happyasaclam
We have a church group that mows our yard every two weeks and raked and bagged all of our leaves earlier in the fall. We both suffer from allergies to grass so mowing it ourselves is out. The church uses the money for mission work in Haiti. My husband and I do the landscaping. We have plans this spring to re-landscape every bed and add new beds. I can't wait for spring!
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 5:46PM
armygirl1987
I have someone that mows but I do the gardening myself. Right now I am mulching and getting ready for the spring.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 7:42PM
favoritegram
I have a gardener weekly . We are not gardening kind of people, LOL
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 7:54PM
My husband is the lawn and pool service. We both work the veggie garden. ;)
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 7:57PM
Curt D'Onofrio
Guy down the street does his own work. I would like to hire him. What a great lawnscape
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:02PM
Genevieve
My husband loves to garden
2 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:12PM
arubalime
My husband is in charge of the back yard and loves to mow the lawn. I am responsible for the front yard for which I have hired a landscape company. This arrangement has worked well for 20 years...the marriage too!
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 8:16PM
auntiebuzzybee
Genevieve, the garden is so beautiful. I love to see the different styles and plants, trees and grass I don't get to see anymore like when I traveled. I see beauty in all those things around here but it does get a bit mundane. I'm thankful it is peaceful and not ravaged by wars, fires or floods. I need to work harder to make it prettier and YES I NEED TO HIRE SOMEONE. physical limitations are becoming evident in the yard as well. Aesthetics can do so much to lift my spirits and feeling guilty that things are getting run down looking makes me frustrated. I hate looking like I don't appreciate what I am blessed to have. I figure I certainly should do all I can to take of it. My actions disappoint me. This spring, new landscaping in the front yard at least!
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 10:23PM
Do you have any more photos of the back garden?
We are removating a basement room that will open onto...
mhyrrbabe
What vines do you have growing in your garden?
Beautiful clematis at one of our client's properties....
Horizon Landscape Company
Becker Studios
Which garden design should I choose, and do any of you have ideas?
I just moved, and we have this huge field with plain...
kazemini
Help with this bathroom please!
I just put the rock up on the wall as an accent to...
erica320
New grand living room
Would like the sliding 2 redone barn doors for archway...
Tracy Alexander
Need help for my kitchen...almond melamine and honey oak cupboards!
Hello, So I am finally getting around to doing something...
spitfirevc
Best thing to happen at home in 2014?
Our homes are where our lives unfold. What was the...
Help my Bathroom!!!
My log cabin guest bathroom is really boring. I want...
cabinretreater43