What color would you paint these tile floors?
Maddie Fuentes
Would you paint these floors or other things first? We have $2,500 for the floors. Would you paint them white or beige or dark brown or light brown? Or what color. Thanks. Or if you had $2500 for floors what would you do?

All the tiles are the same through out the house just different lighting.
Lynnie
Not sure I would paint them. I might opt for new floors if I had that much in my budget. Of course, there is much to say for putting your own stamp on your home. It all depends upon what you are trying to acheive.

The pictures you have posted give different coloring depending on the room, but I know how lighting is. Are you wanting your kitchen a different floor than the rest of the house?

What I do like about the exsisting floors is how it bring in various colors, so you cannot go wrong with that.

With the color cabinets I would go with an off-white shade. If the floor was darker, I would go with Cherry Wood cabinets. (There-again I happen to like Cherry Wood in the kitchen).

If you want a dramatic looking floor, go with an Expresso Brown which would be almost black.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 3:48PM
quercus2
I would put in hardwood floors
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 5:15PM
atrice
If budget concern put in laminate or vinyl floating which can install over existing floor. Painting would not be durable.
2 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 5:36PM
nwduck
I would not paint the floor. Rather, I would choose the area(s) that bothered me the most, choose a product and go as far as your budget will take you. It's not THAT horrible a floor, so maybe you just need to work your way through it as budget allows.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 5:56PM
Curt D'Onofrio
I agree, paint will not be durable imo
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 5:59PM
Natalie
Hi---NO, do not paint them! Wood looking porcelain tiles should keep you within your budget. If you want to paint, you may consider painting the kitchen cabinets. Photo for inspiration. Good Luck!
]
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 6:08PM
cbrichards
I don't understand why you want to change them. They look good to me. Maybe an area rug over tile in family room would be nice
2 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 6:58PM
syncope
Unless you like maintaining the paint in high traffic areas, I'd run far away from that idea. Area rugs will go a long way to covering up what you don't like and adding some textural interest and definition in your rooms.
1 Like   January 21, 2014 at 7:02PM
lucyhomedecor
I would NOT paint your tile floor. An area rug with color in the family room, a couple glass doors in your kitchen cabinets & maybe a new black splash would change the look of your home.
2 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:08PM
HI -- You cannot paint tile floors - It won't last . I would put that money into removing those tiles and cleaning and prepping the concrete ,then possibly staining and polishing until you have the money to put down another flooring material of your choice.
0 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:25PM
It's best to keep the flooring the same throughout. $2500 isn't enough to replace the floor and painting a floor is not a good idea. I say paint all the walls a darker blue/gray from the tile and be done. :)
2 Likes   January 21, 2014 at 8:33PM
Art-Faux Designs Inc.
Although there are several products out there that do make it possible to paint and over glaze tile to make it look like stone, marble, wood what ever the case may be as I am a decorative artist/muralist as well, however coming from a background of painting for 35 years I would not be able to guarantee a job like this for no more than 3 to 5 years. I mainly use products from the Faux Effects line and sometimes the Diach line which I have had great success with also.
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 1:17AM
Need help on drawers
My base cabinets have just been installed and I now...
betsy8989
Kitchen matching.
Hi guys I've picked this pale grey taupe white painted...
Michelle Roe
Our standing shower
Please give your feedback! When we lay this design...
sushigirl06
What's your favorite holiday dish?
Do you wait all year for the perfect latkes? Countdown...
Need help furnishing a family room
I just bought a house and I'm not sure how to arrange...
Kat