Need help with my kitchen
Colby B
My existing kitchen consists of light maple cabinets, white appliances and light maple floors with sage formica counter tops. I would like to update my kitchen by painting the cabinets, refinishing the floors darker, and changing the counter tops to granite. We will also be changing the sink out for a white farmhouse style apron front sink. We're considering keeping the white appliances by adding stainless handles, like on the dishwasher. What color to paint cabinets? white or stainless appliances?? and what color to paint farmhouse table???
White or stainless steel appliances would work with white cabinetry and farmhouse sink.

January 21, 2014 at 6:56pm      Thanked by Colby B
Addison Design
First off, I do not recommend that you put granite countertops on your cabinets. Sorry but, you would be wasting your money.

Painting the cabinets white or cream and darkening the floors are great ideas. Instead of granite, I would look at the new laminate options. Take a look at this blog post I wrote: http://www.addisoninteriordesigndenver.com/exciting-new-and-affordable-countertop-options/. I would also look at the Karren sinks I mentioned in the post.

Get rid of the 4" backsplash and use tile from the counter all the way to the ceiling. If you paint the cabinets white/cream I would go with stainless appliances, can probably get these with the money you save by not getting granite. Make sure you get some cabinet hardware. Use a mix of pulls and knobs, one style for doors the other for drawers.

Paint the table base and chairs, leave the table top wood. I would go with black or just pick your favorite color and use high gloss paint to make the dinette set more modern. If you go with a color tile, match your table color to that.
January 21, 2014 at 8:48pm        Thanked by Colby B
VT Industries
We would suggest taking a look at some laminate countertop options. The options are incredible and the affordability will allow for you to spend additional dollars elsewhere. Take a look at some of our options in the Dimensions collection: http://vtindustries.com/dimensions-countertops. Let us know if you have any questions!
February 5, 2014 at 1:21pm        Thanked by Colby B
What doesn't need help?! My bathrooms, my kitchen, my laundry room.
My house is from 1979 and it totally looks it. We've...
Need help for my kitchen - keep my white tile floor
Would like to replace dated wallpaper, add granite...
Need help with my backsplash in my kitchen.
I have flat paneled Benjamin Moore "Chantilly Lace"...
i need help deciding how to trim my windows in my den/kitchen
The window is 72" x 72" , i already installed interior...
Solar Panel
Hi, I need to know , how is the best step to install...
Cabinet pull color
My cabinets are Shaker style and the color is a dark...
wall color in kitchen
I'm re-doing my kitchen. We are taking out the wall...
Dining room furniture placement
Slowly, but surely, 11 months after we moved into our...
Entry Way Help Needed
Trying to get new ideas for the entryway. The left...