Help with this corner
dotberman
New 60" tv, new media center but I'm stuck with this corner
unwantedadvice
What is it that you do not like? Chair and table with lamp looks fine. Maybe just have the lamp on the table and not anything else? And a pretty pillow on the chair to brighten it up would work as well.
January 21, 2014 at 9:53PM     
karen paul interiors
It would be helpful to see the entire room (all walls) and know the positioning of your furnishing (including the 60" TV. I'd like to know if your chair in the corner serves a purpose regarding upholstery grouping(s) and proximity to TV.
January 21, 2014 at 10:00PM     
Design Schematic Interiors
Can you please some more pictures and a little more detail about what you don't like.
January 21, 2014 at 10:06PM     
Rina
Hi Dot. There really isn't much wrong here. I think the wall could do with a piece of art, and perhaps replace the photograph with a glass (or other reflective) bowl. Beyond that, I agree you could bring colour into the corner with a comfy cushion for the chair and that you could probably -- depending on how the rest of the room is arranged -- angle the chair a bit away from the TV and towards the room.
January 21, 2014 at 11:26PM     
Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
What is the chair placed beside? is there a fireplace?

I would be inclined to put the chair more to the left, into corner, with a floor lamp behind it and table on other side, as current placement looks a bit crowded to me. And I agree, a piece of art on wall behind it, a colourful pillow & a throw will make this a sought-after reading spot!
January 22, 2014 at 3:22AM     
adrianamm
Hi, I agree with more photos of the entire room.
May be just add a color pillow over the sofa and you can change place the sofa with the table and only the lamp on it.
I hope it helps. For me moving furniture and see how it looks works a lot, just need a lot of strength and pacience!!!!!!! Good luck!
January 22, 2014 at 3:54AM     
dotberman
I think it looks disproportioned? Here's another look. I like the look with the pix on the wall. Thanks Dot
January 23, 2014 at 6:35AM   
indianpatti
I wouldn't have anything in front of the door/windows .. remove the chair/table as well as the book shelf on the other side. Would add some patterned drapes.

Can you move the sectional back towards the shorter size to gain some space between it and the fireplace?
January 23, 2014 at 7:08AM   
unwantedadvice
Dot, you have gotten some great advice. I think the main problem, and some have nailed it, is that the chair is angled a bit for tv viewing and it shouldn't be. Just use it for reading and conversing with others. So moving it into the corner more and to the left, while putting the table on the other side will undoubtably help.
January 25, 2014 at 11:59PM   
Please help me finish this corner and the corner wall right above it.
I am looking for help with the corner that is empty...
Need Help with corner Fireplace
Our living room is kind of small with a corner fireplace....
Help me decorate'L'shaped corner
Guizz plzz help me decorate an 'L' shaped corner of...
Help me decorate'L'shaped corner
Help me decorate'L'shaped corner
Master bedroom curtain ideas
Trying to figure out what type of curtain would look...
Open family room to kitchen furniture help
Could use a little help on furniture designs and types...
Confused living room
Help, my living room is confused, I have been using...
Something Missing
Looking for ideas! I feel as though something is missing...
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...