Living Room Design Help
aholman86
I need help matching this design! I need curtains, throw pillows, and a large rug. I'm not that great at decorating because I usually try to get too matchy. I wasn't able to get these pillows because they quickly sold out but was able to a pillowed footstool that has this design. The living room we are moving to is very light...like white walls and very light carpet...not my choice, we are renting! I would appreciate any help or suggestions! Thank you! :)
Barnhart Gallery
Since you're renting, and assuming you already have some furnishings such as a neutral couch that will coordinate with your adorable footstool, and maybe not everything will be a forever investment piece, I did a quick look at Target for you.

Here you'll see their Maples Fretwork area rug, Fretwork border window panel, Honeycomb accent table, and Burke slipper chair...your footstool will tell you what to choose. It's a great inspiration piece.
January 22, 2014 at 2:33PM     
Barnhard has made good suggestions for you, although I'm tiring of the fretwork, lattice and chevron rugs. You could add more green and try a wool sisal-look rug bound with one of the colors from the upholstery.
January 22, 2014 at 2:46PM     
jdingles
I like the design. Where did you find the foot stool?
January 22, 2014 at 2:49PM   
aholman86
Wow thank you Barnhart! I really love those suggestions! My only issue is that I feel like I need something darker in the room since it's so light already. What do you think? I got the footstool at kohls for $40! :)
January 22, 2014 at 2:52PM     
Barnhart Gallery
I guess I was picturing you already having a brown leather couch and dark floors. If you need something else to ground the space then perhaps a rug with more of the deep green...
January 22, 2014 at 8:16PM     
aholman86
Love it! My couch and recliner are tan so that's my struggle but I like the dark rug and chair. Thanks again!
January 23, 2014 at 3:36AM   
aholman86
Is that rug also from target?
January 23, 2014 at 3:37AM   
Mark
Is your sofa and chair a solid pattern ?
January 23, 2014 at 4:07AM     
aholman86
Yes like this....
January 23, 2014 at 4:09AM   
aholman86
Mark, is that a rug? Or is it a chair pattern? I really like that!
January 23, 2014 at 4:09AM   
Mark
It's a rug. Have a look at the rugs on this website. Very reasonably priced I think.

Here is the link to this rug. http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/shaw-edendale/gold/1373VG3311200-18028.html
January 23, 2014 at 4:29AM     
Mark - are you finding a majority of rugs here are NIS? I hesitate to advise them since most aren't available. Retail portion of site needs updating and editing.
January 23, 2014 at 7:31AM   
Barnhart Gallery
Love that one Mark.
aholman, that second, darker rug was from rugsdirect.
January 23, 2014 at 7:32AM     
aholman86
I love these suggestions! It looks like these are in stock from what I can tell. I also like the spice and brown rug that is the same style. Maybe would add a little more contrast to the room?
January 23, 2014 at 7:33AM   
Mark
@decoenthusiaste to be honest I have not spent that much looking at carpets on this site.
@ aholman86 best of luck, I hope anything you choose from this site is available for you ! I really do like that particular carpet as well.
January 23, 2014 at 7:45AM        Thanked by aholman86
cindyguent
Really like Barnhart's rug suggestion best to add some contrast. I see your walls are also a beige, right? Actually like almost everything he suggested for you.
January 23, 2014 at 4:25PM   
aholman86
Yes Cindy, the walls in our current house are beige but the house we are moving to in a matter of weeks is an off white. I'm worried about it being to bland but I think all of these suggestions will be great!
January 23, 2014 at 7:41PM   
suzanne_m
What color is your floor? Can we see a picture?
January 24, 2014 at 7:10AM   
aholman86
The floor is a very light off white...we are moving 3 hrs away so I don't have any pics right now. I really hate that the carpet and walls are so light!
January 24, 2014 at 7:11AM   
suzanne_m
Oops, sorry ... I read your dilemma yesterday, I should have read it again today so I would know that you had already answered my question about the floor in your dilemma's question. I am looking for a rug for you, I will let you know if I find something.

BTW, I like what Barhnart mock-up and I really like the rug suggested by Mark but since you said you want something dark, I will try to find something darker.

Your foot stool fabric is beautiful.
January 24, 2014 at 7:35AM   
aholman86
Thanks Suzanne! I appreciate all the help and I love the footstool fabric as well :) I'm so bummed they are sold out of the throw pillows and I have looked at every kohls in my area for them with no luck. We are moving officially next month so a lot of this will be much easier when I am already there. I just wanted to have a few things in place so it will feel like home :)
January 24, 2014 at 8:00AM   
suzanne_m
It is probably wiser to wait until you are moved but I thought it was worth to show you this one: http://rugsexpress.com/capri-to-delicate-scroll-orange-1613-17.html
January 24, 2014 at 1:35PM     
Need Help/Ideas W/ Living Room/Dining Room. Layout help & design help
I've included larger and more pictures in the thread...
Help design my media room/living room?
I'm a sucker for iconic mid century furniture. My tv...
need help in designing of kitchen room and living room.
i have attached the jpg image of my house. i need...
Need help with my bedroom lamps rugs etc.
My room is gray and burnt orange the walls are painted...
Advice needed for new Kitchen
We are building a new home and like the idea of window's...
Powder room, walls dilemna
Need help with a powder room. onyx counter top and...
Need help with this master bedroom redecorating
We are so excited to get to redecorate. Does the picture...