Need help on a Garage Conversion!
marisparis
We are currently working on the inside of a converted garage (into living space). I would love any suggestions on how to make the outside look less like there used to be a garage there :) We will be keeping the door where it is ( a new door). We toyed around with adding french doors, but would have lost too much valuable wall space inside, so leaving the door where it is was our best option. We will be adding a 72" W x 48" H sliding window in the space of the garage doors. Any suggestions on how to make the outside look nice? And a color scheme to match the brick?
marisparis
I like the color of the siding on this house (BM sparrow)
January 22, 2014 at 7:31pm   
pcmom1
You are welcome to check out my ideabook "conversion" for a similar project in the future. But I'm not all that interested in hiding the fact that it was a garage. Playing off that can be fun.
Guest/Pool House
Custom Garage Doors, Garden Gates & Shutters in a French Château Style
January 22, 2014 at 7:51pm        Thanked by marisparis
marisparis
I wish we could play off the old garage, but I don't think our house isn't artistic enough for that :) I think, based on the age and design of the house, we need to make it blend in as much as possible.
January 25, 2014 at 4:54am     
pcmom1
How about creating a pergola over the old driveway? Then add some furniture to lounge in. Redoing and enlarging the whole back flowerbed would add Wow!
Ana Williamson Architect
Garage Conversions
January 25, 2014 at 3:24pm      Thanked by marisparis
millerevent
we're purchasing a house that looks very similar and are needing desperately to make the garage a usable bedroom, but I DON'T want it to look like it was a garage. Have you gotten or decided on anything?
January 25, 2014 at 7:37pm   
marisparis
millerevent, I will certainly post pics when we're finished. But right now, we are not sure what we're going to do :( I like the pale gray siding (BM Sparrow), I think that color would complement the brick. We are definitely putting in a 72x48 sliding window, changing the door to a glass pained door with blinds between the glass, adding new outdoor lighting. I like the look of cedar shake siding and might use that upper and have a 2-3 foot bottom border of stacked stone. I like the faux ledgstone from Nextstone, but will have to see how much is left in the budget. I love the pergola attached to the house above! Thank you pcmom1. Once the weather warms up, we will address the patio and landscaping.
January 26, 2014 at 8:07am   
marisparis
Example of Shake siding with rock
January 26, 2014 at 8:12am   
pcmom1
If you go to photos and take the cursor to the far right under "more", then go to garage and type in "garage conversion" all sorts of pictures come up.
Bon Ton Residence
Outdoor Living
January 26, 2014 at 5:23pm        Thanked by marisparis
millerevent
Sounds great. So @marisparis The 72x48" sliding window is going in the space where the garage door was previously!? Hmmmmmm interesting :) I like!
January 26, 2014 at 8:30pm   
marisparis
Having trouble deciding on which color would look good with the brick. We've decided on Cedar Shake Shingle Vinyl Siding.
Here is a link to the colors available: http://exteriorsolutions.com/p-922-7-perfection-shingle-traditional-color-vinyl-siding-100-square-feet.aspx#7-perfection-shingle-traditional-color-vinyl-siding-100-square-feet
I am leaning towards Shale? Any suggestions?
March 1, 2014 at 7:19pm   
marisparis
Shale
March 1, 2014 at 7:23pm   
Garage to kitchen conversion, need help!
Hi! We've got a 1940's house with a one-car garage...
Need help on HVAC system for a small garage conversion.
I have a 500 sq ft detached garage that I am converting...
Expert advice needed: unpermitted garage to bedroom conversion
I'm looking for help understanding building codes in...
Need help designing master suite conversion
Hi, I am considering converting 2 existing bedrooms...
Duplex conversion, need help on the entry redesign
We recently bought a 1950's duplex(built that way from...
how do i put tile around this parquet floor?
Floor is in diningroom surrounded by brick walls and...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Dining room table
We are looking at Barrymore dining table from Ethan...
Decorate high ceiling space above fire place
We have just started decorating our new living space...
Need paint color advice: black ceilings?
My wife and I are buying a foreclosure and having it...