LG Brand - Good, Bad or Just Plain Ugly?
I'd love to know your opinion on the LG brand. We bought an LG Smart TV - less than a year later it's on it's THIRD main board. It wouldn't talk to the Sony Blue Ray so we bought an LG Blue Ray, just to find out we have to buy a very expensive remote to make the two of them communicate.

I have an LG phone and it's worse than worthless. It drops calls regularly, but it makes up for it by calling people at random. All by itself.

What are your experiences with the LG brand?
studio3600
Have an lg tv and frig. Never a problem. Lemons in all brands I believe.
January 23, 2014 at 7:24AM        Thanked by charleee
Lesley Delle_Grazie
Have an LG fridge (5 yrs. old); replaced the ice-maker after 2 years, but no other issues since. Also have LG front load washer/dryer (3 years now) and no issues.
January 23, 2014 at 7:27AM      Thanked by charleee
cprice88
We love our LG gas range! Really love it! no complaints whatsoever and it performs better than any range we've ever owned. We are not as enamored with the matching microwave, it's just fine and does its job (not like we microwave a lot of things anyway). It's totally reliable, but there are little things about it (handle and door get hot from stove below, timer beeps only a few times then stops so if you left the room for a minute you'd forget about it, the window door is not transparent enough to see your food while it cooks so you can't monitor for boiling up and over without opening the door). But all I use the micro for is reheating stuff, so doesn't bug me enough to make a change.
January 23, 2014 at 7:29AM      Thanked by charleee
I guess you guys are the lucky ones! I think if the main board in our TV goes out one more time, I'll go thru the lemon law recourse. What a pain!
January 23, 2014 at 7:34AM   
sondramartina
LG stove paid 1900$. One burner died after year and half. Plastic display cracked.
Heat ventilation was badly designed so it discoloured the panel and it was blowing hot air(from the oven) right to my hand if I was cooking something on the top. So they came and modified it a bit.
After second self cleaning the whole stove just broke,completely,no lights ,no nothing. Part replacement 1000$ so hubby decided to fix it by himself. So he grabbed the stove to pull it out from its spot and all lights came back and everything started working again,luckily. But no more LG for me.
January 23, 2014 at 3:21PM      Thanked by charleee
Nope, me either Sondra!
January 23, 2014 at 3:22PM   
karelina
LG washer and dryer. Both get clogged with lint and don't handle large items well. The washer is supposed to have a special lint filter. There's never anything in it. The lint goes straight through. I've had flooding in the year I've own these 3-4 times. I would not buy an LG product again.
January 23, 2014 at 3:39PM      Thanked by charleee
I feel the same way. How often does a main board go out on a TV? I've never heard of it before this one. And we can't get Netflix because the TV thinks it's an Xbox. Good grief.
January 23, 2014 at 3:52PM   
halbraswell
Many brands, including LG, have an overbroad spectrum of products. I have a Samsung computer and TV (lots of commonality there). Best bang for buck for TV is Vizio, which I also have several, and Solution has excellent Tvs. Wouldn't want a TV that is not one of those brands.

Have an LG French door refrigerator that works well but haven't had long. Plan to get LG gas range.

Bottom line is I don't use one brand for all electronic or appliance needs .
January 23, 2014 at 4:29PM      Thanked by charleee
The TV repairman who I'm getting to be good friends with, told me the best TV on the market today is Samsung. The warranty on mine runs out in about four months, so I have to decide whether to extend the warranty on the LG and just get used to it breaking down or buy a Samsung :(
January 23, 2014 at 4:40PM   
rocketjcat
We have 3 Samsung TVs in various sizes and never had a problem with any of them. I don't think we could find a better picture. I know sometimes it's the luck of the draw with these things, but we would buy another.
February 6, 2014 at 3:30AM      Thanked by charleee
walkamber
We had a front load pair washer/dryer LG's and loved them. My mom has had hers for 8 years now and they are work horses! We sold them with our house and opted for whirlpool in the new place as they were on sale.....not even close to what the LG's were in terms of quality and noise level.
February 6, 2014 at 4:22AM      Thanked by charleee
Our new Master bedroom...help!
So, we just moved into this space a couple of days...
House that looks like a box
I need help with the outside of this house. It reminds...
help for tiny family rm.
two sliders lead to screened porch....opposite is a...
Kitchen Window
Any suggestions on what to do with this window in my...
Dated Living room
Do I paint my dark wainscoting? FYI it's real wood....