Need help with two story curtains
cbsouth
I'd like to put in some two story curtains in my living room. Should I just have two panels of curtains on the far right and left sides of the windows, or should I do four panels on right and left sides and in between all the windows? Should I have one long curtain rod or 3 different ones? (Or two if I end up only doing two panels on right and left sides)
boons13
Looks like ours. We put up woven woods, look contemporary in an eclectic room. Lasted to this day, 37 years.
January 23, 2014 at 6:45AM   
cbsouth
But my question is if I should do two panels or 4?
January 23, 2014 at 6:47AM   
January 23, 2014 at 6:57AM        Thanked by cbsouth
printesa
and another one with stationary panels

January 23, 2014 at 6:58AM   
Warner Decor
Hello! This is kind of a different suggestion, but have you considered window film? It adheres to your windows and provides privacy just as blinds would, but you wouldn't have to mess with opening or closing them due to your windows being so high! Here is a link to what I am talking about:
http://www.deciture.com/shop/decor/7/rice-paper-window-film/

I know that Roman Shades can be pricy, but I think that would be your best bet for the three windows on the lower level. This way you also save wall space to place decor items on. I can't tell by your picture what color your furniture is, so here is an example of what I am talking about:
http://www.deciture.com/shop/decor/2/homecraft-classic-style-roman-shades/

Good Luck!
January 23, 2014 at 7:02AM   
SK Designs
Four panels would be great and also would provide a warmer and more finished look. An overlay would also be nice so that you could bring in another color and it would also keep the tall panels from looking soooooooo long without interruption. What do you think of this rendering? The overlay might be a bit formal for the room or your taste, but fabric selection can make it look more formal or more casual.
January 23, 2014 at 8:41AM      Thanked by cbsouth
SK Designs
What do you think of the four panels? For comparison, here is a rendering of two panels.
January 23, 2014 at 8:58AM   
cbsouth
SK Designs, I like both. It's such a large space that I feel like the four panels fill it up better. If I just did two panels, should I still hang one long curtain rod? Or two small on each side?
January 23, 2014 at 9:02AM   
cbsouth
If I only did two, that would leave more wall space for a large picture in the middle of the two windows.
January 23, 2014 at 9:03AM   
SK Designs
If you did two panels, I would still use one continuous rod. I have attached another rendering showing a replica of art or ironwork in the space between the two window sections. I think I like the 4 panels better, because you already have some other niches and open area for stairs, etc. that breaks up the side walls and draws your eye in other directions. The vertical panels allow your eye to rest and run vertically and give a different visual break.
January 23, 2014 at 9:22AM   
H.M.I Designs
I like the 4 panels. I would NOT put any artwork on the wall space in between. It is so clean and calm looking without anything. I would keep it that way
January 23, 2014 at 9:33AM   
Adrian J. Naquin Interior Design L.L.C.
SK Design :
what program did you use to sketch in the curtains?
January 23, 2014 at 9:49AM   
SK Designs
Adrian,I use Minutes Matter Studio. It is great! I am not as proficient as others, but my clients do love the renderings to help them visualize a completed proposed treatment.
January 23, 2014 at 11:10AM     
Kim D
I like four panel sans artwork.
January 23, 2014 at 11:27AM   
SK Designs
I agree with Kim - four panels and no artwork.
January 23, 2014 at 11:44AM   
cbsouth
What if I did shorter curtains: should i hang the rod at the bottom of the upper windows, or at the top of the lower windows?
January 31, 2014 at 11:45AM   
SK Designs
cbsouth - would you like me to do a rendering of the panels in both scenarios for you? I think the two story panels will look best, because they will tie in with the opening on the left (upstairs area) and balance with that open area. Are there niches on the right side? If so, again, the two story panels would tie those areas together, if they are not cost-prohibitive to your planned budget.
February 2, 2014 at 11:17AM   
SK Designs
I went ahead and did one more rendering which shows the four panels and overlays, and the rod is lowered to tie in with the opening to the upstairs on the left. What do you think?
February 2, 2014 at 11:35AM   
Functional Conceptz for Interiors
You should go with four panels as suggested and stationary rods instead of a long rod....if you must have art on the walls it would look better to do a couple smaller pieces of art amongst four panels...
February 3, 2014 at 2:54PM   
Need help for two story living room
Hoping to repaint walls to something more neutral,...
Need help figuring out two story sunroom.
Having trouble deciding how to add on a sunroom taking...
Need help in rearranging our two story family room with red sofa
We have two story big family room with Natuzzi red...
"kitchen remodel" ????
"Kitchen Remodel" doN't know where to start :((
Need help with Kelly Moore paint for ceiling and accent walls
I have a S-curve hallway ceiling and need to select...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Tile bathroom walls in stagger or stack evenly??
What looks better for a small bathroom? Should we have...
Recarpeting second floor (wall to wall) and front staircase
We have a traditional home and need to recarpet the...