Reclaimed wood flooring
stonedog123
We are investigating into getting reclaimed wood flooring for a kitchen remodel. Anyone do this & what has been your experience?
Tectonicus Constructs LLC
I know someone who got reclaimed wood from a school basketball court. They left the lines on the birch wood, but all the lines were in a random order. Super cool looking.

You would have to spend a lot more money re-sanding and leveling the floor then new wood.

If the wood has character and is a nice hard wood, I say go for it! You can also make patches and such using copper or brass plates.
January 23, 2014 at 8:08pm      Thanked by stonedog123
Oak & Broad
Thats a great question. Make sure the flooring has been kiln dried and heat treated. Lots of the reclaimed lumber out there is over 100 years old and can have all kinds of spiders and bugs. You also want to make sure its good and dry before putting it in your home.
January 24, 2014 at 7:39am      Thanked by stonedog123
Karyn Jolink
thank for your comment regarding the reclaimed flooring we put down in our cottage I have only good things to say about that style of flooring its unique, beautiful ,character fill, and very durable your choice in considering it for your kitchen is a good one We brought the wood inside for months to let it dry before we installed it and have not had any issues at all it just gets better and better the more we walk on it and has gotten a beautiful pitina since we laid it down we are so very pleased with how our floors turned out my only concern would be it could be costly for material and to have them installed we saved by doing the work ourselves and by the fact we didn't have to buy the wood just the cost of a sander sand paper and varithane good luck would love to see pictures when you complete your project
January 25, 2014 at 8:26am        Thanked by stonedog123
Need help in designing a shed for a cattery with fenced in area.
I want help in designing a shed to house cats. I want...
Empty wall space in kitchen
I can't decide what to do with this empty space. Open...
I want to know review regarding camel bone furniture for home.
Can I use camel bone sofa set & dining table for home?...
Need help with Kitchen Cabinets, Countertops and back splash
Hello Everyone! Finally after 3 months of picking a...