Looking for "side tables" that go over a sectional
January 25, 2014 in Design Dilemma
We bought an L-shaped sectional for our family room/TV den a few months ago. I usually stretch out in the corner section. I have found it difficult as there is nowhere to place a coffee cup or glass other than the ottoman/coffee table, requiring me to sit up every time I want to take a sip of coffee.

A few years ago, when browsing at furniture stores (maybe at Room and Board?), I recall seeing L-shaped end tables for sectionals. The "leg" was positioned at the edge of the couch, with the table top going across the couch. However, now that I need one, I can't seem to find one! Any ideas?

BTW, I know a table like this will reduce seating space, but it is a large sectional, and on a day-to-day only two to three of us use it. When entertaining more people, I wouldn't need it (I would be sitting, not stretched out) and would move the table to the end or out of the room entirely.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Patricia Colwell
Go to google and ask for C shaped end tables you will find many.
January 25, 2014 at 7:00AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pier One stores has these tables.
January 25, 2014 at 7:28AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Thanks for the suggestion, Patricia. I hadn't realized these were called C-shaped tables.

In looking at them, I am realizing they may not work. Our sectional has no legs - it pretty much sighs on the ground. There is a slight clearance from the floor to the bottom of the couch, but not much. I'll have to measure the space as well as the depth of the bottom of the "C" to see if it will work.

If not, do you (or anyone else reading) have any other suggestions? I have tried putting a tray beside me on the couch, but as we have a small dog (6 mth old pug) who jumps onto the couch, that idea didn't really work.
January 25, 2014 at 7:54AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I like these martini tables that are sofa arm height but very narrow. Other ideas are the type that scoots legs under the sofa so the top is really close to you as you recline.
January 25, 2014 at 8:28AM   
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Kitchen island - does it have to match?
Hi We just purchased our first home and are super excited...
Curb appeal? elementary school across
front porch? to cover or not to cover???
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
color of knobs
I have off white kitchen cabinets with brass knobs....
grey walls and pine trim ?
Just rented a new apartment that has pine floors and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™