What color finish would look best?
cmfiereck
We just bought our new espresso colored media stand and now we bought a white horizontal bookcase that we plan on doing a gallery wall above with black frames and white matting.

Picking out new sofa and chairs for sitting as well. I am planning on maybe a grayish color sofa with maybe brown leather chairs to the right of the TV sort of dividing the long room into two sections.
Does the white bookcase look good for a change up or would it look better to have the same espresso color finish as the TV stand? OR bookcase also comes in black. Please let me know what your design eye thinks! Thank you!
Rachel H
I think you might have too many low pieces and need to add some height variety. It'd be helpful if you can show us pictures from other angles?
January 25, 2014 at 7:17am   
Mark
I agree with Rachel H. For me I would prefer it to be black or espresso finish if their is no other white wood in the room. I think the bookcase should be taller, it's the same height as the tv stand and looks like another tv stand.
January 25, 2014 at 7:26am   
cmfiereck
I see what your saying about the same height. I chose the horizontal style cuz I want to add a huge photo gallery wall above to take up some more of the huge wall space. We haven't bought new furniture yet for seating and any end or coffee tables so the rest if the room is still pretty bare and open to suggestions!!
January 25, 2014 at 7:34am   
Barbie
Since you want leather and gray furniture I would stick with the bookcase in espresso. Otherwise you will have too many tones going on.
January 25, 2014 at 7:44am   
cmfiereck
Ok, so espresso it is. What about black to go with the black frames of the photo gallery above it I plan on doing or still go with espresso?
January 25, 2014 at 8:22am   
Barbie
I would still do eapresso. Maybe have a mixture of frames in black, gray (silver) and a rustic wood.
January 25, 2014 at 8:56am   
cmfiereck
Got it!! Thanks for everyone's thoughts and opinions!
January 25, 2014 at 9:22am   
cmfiereck
Ok, one more question... Anybody have suggestions to do with the arrangement of furniture or whatever on the big vaulted wall?? We currently plan on hanging the TV on wall above current TV stand and then I was going to do photo gallery on the right side of the wall to take up some space. What other ideas could I do though other than just the TV??
January 25, 2014 at 10:11am   
Great room is dark - should I paint ceiling?
My great room is large 15 X 20 but dark. My husband...
Need help with baby room colors!!
I love eclectic bright baby rooms. I want my baby girls...
I need to figure out how to fit my furniture in this living room!
I got new couches and cannot figure out where to put...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Counter top selection help, please and thanks!!
Here's the story - planning a new build. Looking to...