Bathroom remodel please help
saira866
January 25, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I'm redoing my parents bathroom and it needs major revamping.

Currently I have picked out and purchased emperador 9x18 inch marble tiles to place Ina. Brick like setting on the shower walls.
I picked out Brizo virage shower ceiling rain head and the matching shower hose with a bar to mount on one of the shower walls with the matching diverter piece and shower knob. The fixtures are all in a brushed nickel finish, so ican focus on marble hopefully.

I also put in two holding spots for recessed lighting fixtures in the shower area.

For the shower floor I have no idea what kind of tile to place there I was thinking maybe a travertine 2 x2 square pieces? I have no idea what will compliment the tile and the fixtures? Also should I place corner shelving units in the shower or should I do the inserted box style???

I don't know what color and kind of paint I should paint on the walls? As well as what kind of cabinets and sink counter I should do also lighting?

Pleaseeeee help me I'm running out of time and my contractor needs to know

I have attached the car before photo with the old tiles, and the current state of the bathroom with the old tiles ripped out and new plumbing and lighting fixtures in the shower feared
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
sstarr
The Brizo Virage fixtures are very nice, one of my favorites.
If this is a conventional center-drain shower, you need small tiles to handle the countours. I would use a neutral porcelain, which will stand up to the water and cleaning agents that the floor is exposed to.
I'd prefer inserted box shelving in your shower. Simple floating vanity would look great.
January 25, 2014 at 8:33pm     
saira866
Satrap what kind of wAll paint do you suggest also I bought some backsplash to run through eye level of the shower
January 25, 2014 at 8:45pm   
giniaginia
can u post pics of tile
January 25, 2014 at 8:59pm     
saira866
Yes I will so this is the backsplash tile I plan on putting and the marble tile throughout
January 25, 2014 at 9:02pm     
giniaginia
these are nice...in store at homedepot
January 25, 2014 at 9:12pm     
giniaginia
they have darker brown available
January 25, 2014 at 9:13pm     
saira866
Oh those look good I'll definitely check them out!!
January 25, 2014 at 9:15pm   
cani
Is it too late to put a niche in the shower to hold shampoos etc?
January 25, 2014 at 9:39pm     
saira866
Nope it's not too late the shower wallls can have anything installed right now
January 25, 2014 at 9:40pm   
PRO
3D DESIGNER WALLS... PLASTER & CONCRETE WALLS
3D WAVE WALLS WORK BEAUTIFUL
January 26, 2014 at 4:22am   
PRO
3D DESIGNER WALLS... PLASTER & CONCRETE WALLS
More designs
January 26, 2014 at 4:23am   
RosemaryR
Make sure that bathroom and shower flooring is slip proof and vanity height is higher than standard, you want "universal design."
January 26, 2014 at 5:02am     
saira866
What kind of vanity do you gusset?
January 26, 2014 at 11:21am   
cani
Do you want a modern look or more traditional? I did mine modern but put a banjo over the toilet (same layout as your bathroom) which gives me room to put something on it.
January 26, 2014 at 2:24pm     
cani
Here's a picture where you can see the back wall with the niche and the countertop. your toilet might be too high to do that. The other reason I chose the banjo type top was because I wanted a large mirror to reflect the room as it is a small bathroom. This bathroom has a tub shower combo but my other bathroom which still needs to be done is the same layout with only a shower.
January 26, 2014 at 2:37pm     
cani
Which side are the fixtures going to go? I wanted to put the frameless glass doors in but my fixtures are on the wrong side and wouldn't be able to turn the water on without getting in there to turn it on and getting wet so had to go with a shower door. Just throwing stuff out there for you while you are still in the planning stage.
January 26, 2014 at 3:00pm     
cani
never mind, I see they are on the same side as mine.
January 26, 2014 at 3:02pm     
saira866
Hi cani the fixtures are placed on the wall adjacent to the toilet wall... And I was planning on outing frameless glass doors into give it a super clean look... I like the niche idea I wanted to see if maybe I can do like an inserted wall shelves..but that may be too much....

I'm going for a European elegance look, that's why I picked out the Brizo fixtures and the emperador marble...but I'm the worried as to what paint I should paint the walls also with the mirror I was thinking of putting it in a frame? Not sure what do u think?
January 26, 2014 at 5:15pm   
cani
You had an inspiration photo posted . I don't know where it went unless you had another post and it was there. I had seen that photo before and loved it. Since it's the exact same layout and you have the same marble, why not just follow her design. I think the framed mirror looks great in that room and I love the vanity in that design. Good luck finding something like that, lol. It's a very elegant bathroom. Is your marble lighter than what was used in that picture? I don't know that I would use the backsplash tile because the shower tile is the star and it might be too much. I'd like to hear what others think.
January 26, 2014 at 11:02pm