Lazy Susan cabinet… What do you put in there?
mlevynj
I'm renovating my kitchen, and am anticipating reorganizing where I store things. I have a Lazy Susan cabinet, and I'm wondering what other people use theirs for. They are sort of awkward to access, so I don't want to keep anything that I'm going to use frequently in there. I don't like keeping really small things in there, because there's a tendency for them to fall off the side of the carousel, and then jam up the whole mechanism. Thanks in advance for your help
My last kitchen had a lazy susan where I put larger items such as a mixer, pots & pans, juicer, toaster ... etc.
1 Like   January 26, 2014 at 5:31AM
Denita
I was looking through the products section and found this for Lazy Susan storage. Anything I put in traditional Lazy Susan storage is lost :( This might help keep items from falling and looks easier to access.

0 Likes   January 26, 2014 at 5:59AM
mlevynj
It's an existing, pretty standard lazy susan, with a pole in the middle and low sides. Can't change it.
0 Likes   January 26, 2014 at 6:27PM
edithsmom
Right now I have my pantry items on the two-shelf lazy Susan, but like you, want to find a better use for them as 3/4 of items are always out of sight. Hope someone has better ideas to post.
0 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 6:37PM
kmedl
I have found my lazy susan to be the perfect place to keep my 9x12 glass baking dishes, glass casseroles, glass pie plates, glass loaf pans, things like that. I can stack several on top of each other and it really holds a lot. That way nothing ever falls off in the back or falls over when you spin it around.
2 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 6:46PM
cindyguent
My lazy susan has little rails on the sides that prevent things from falling off very easily. I think it is from ikea (previous owners put in).
I keep my plastic containers stacked and also large casseroles and mixing bowls in my lazy susan. I use a plate stacker rack to store the plastic lids. My access to the lazy susan cabinet has a hinged door that opens up all the way so it is much easier to see everything. At my old house I stored pantry items and things were always getting lost.
1 Like   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 8:01PM
crkristin
I use it for weird large things like ice tea maker (stored for when father-in-law visits), Dutch oven, potato ricer, large pitchers and the like. The top shelf has snack trays and two cookie jars (filled) where the kids can grab a cookie, but I don't have to look at them.
2 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 9:00PM
inpdx
This discussion's prompted me to re-think what I have stored on (in?) my lazy Susan. Time to re-organize. Thanks, all.
1 Like   Thanked by mlevynj    January 27, 2014 at 10:04AM
Marilyn Wilkie
Since mine (also Ikea as someone above) is near the sink I use it for measuring cups, colanders (I have a lot in different sizes), extra honey, maple syrup, various oils, steel cut oatmeal, my salad spinner, steamer inserts, and some things that I don't use often. I don't like to load it down heavily.
0 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 27, 2014 at 10:18AM
To caulk wood ceiling before painting or not?
Hi all we have beautiful, high, wooden ceilings but...
Help my ugly little house
I know the landscaping needs help - I plan to go for...
How to arrange wall art in nursery
Baby is already two months old...need to finish nursery....
Help I'm obsessed with BEIGE
I feel like my living room is too beige and boring....
need a help for how to do exposed rcc finish
i want to know how exactly the exposed rcc is done....