Lazy Susan cabinet… What do you put in there?
mlevynj
January 26, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I'm renovating my kitchen, and am anticipating reorganizing where I store things. I have a Lazy Susan cabinet, and I'm wondering what other people use theirs for. They are sort of awkward to access, so I don't want to keep anything that I'm going to use frequently in there. I don't like keeping really small things in there, because there's a tendency for them to fall off the side of the carousel, and then jam up the whole mechanism. Thanks in advance for your help
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
My last kitchen had a lazy susan where I put larger items such as a mixer, pots & pans, juicer, toaster ... etc.
1 Like   January 26, 2014 at 5:31AM
Denita
I was looking through the products section and found this for Lazy Susan storage. Anything I put in traditional Lazy Susan storage is lost :( This might help keep items from falling and looks easier to access.

0 Likes   January 26, 2014 at 5:59AM
mlevynj
It's an existing, pretty standard lazy susan, with a pole in the middle and low sides. Can't change it.
0 Likes   January 26, 2014 at 6:27PM
edithsmom
Right now I have my pantry items on the two-shelf lazy Susan, but like you, want to find a better use for them as 3/4 of items are always out of sight. Hope someone has better ideas to post.
0 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 6:37PM
kmedl
I have found my lazy susan to be the perfect place to keep my 9x12 glass baking dishes, glass casseroles, glass pie plates, glass loaf pans, things like that. I can stack several on top of each other and it really holds a lot. That way nothing ever falls off in the back or falls over when you spin it around.
2 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 6:46PM
cindyguent
My lazy susan has little rails on the sides that prevent things from falling off very easily. I think it is from ikea (previous owners put in).
I keep my plastic containers stacked and also large casseroles and mixing bowls in my lazy susan. I use a plate stacker rack to store the plastic lids. My access to the lazy susan cabinet has a hinged door that opens up all the way so it is much easier to see everything. At my old house I stored pantry items and things were always getting lost.
1 Like   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 8:01PM
crkristin
I use it for weird large things like ice tea maker (stored for when father-in-law visits), Dutch oven, potato ricer, large pitchers and the like. The top shelf has snack trays and two cookie jars (filled) where the kids can grab a cookie, but I don't have to look at them.
2 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 26, 2014 at 9:00PM
inpdx
This discussion's prompted me to re-think what I have stored on (in?) my lazy Susan. Time to re-organize. Thanks, all.
1 Like   Thanked by mlevynj    January 27, 2014 at 10:04AM
Marilyn Wilkie
Since mine (also Ikea as someone above) is near the sink I use it for measuring cups, colanders (I have a lot in different sizes), extra honey, maple syrup, various oils, steel cut oatmeal, my salad spinner, steamer inserts, and some things that I don't use often. I don't like to load it down heavily.
0 Likes   Thanked by mlevynj    January 27, 2014 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
To caulk wood ceiling before painting or not?
Hi all we have beautiful, high, wooden ceilings but...
Help my ugly little house
I know the landscaping needs help - I plan to go for...
How to arrange wall art in nursery
Baby is already two months old...need to finish nursery....
Help I'm obsessed with BEIGE
I feel like my living room is too beige and boring....
need a help for how to do exposed rcc finish
i want to know how exactly the exposed rcc is done....
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™