sectional placement in open family room
kekiJanuary 26, 2014
Hello houzers! We have an open family room/kitchen concept and I need some help deciding if I can make our current leather sectional work in the space. Pictures show 1. view from the kitchen and 2. view from the foyer entry to the room. I appreciate your advice - not just on the sectional but on the room in general! Thanks! K
keki
here is one more picture of the view from the foyer showing the wall of windows behind the long part of the sofa. Thanks!
    Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 5:26AM
saratogaswizzlestick
I like your room. For some reason it reminds me of Cape Cod. I would like your piece over the mantle hung a little lower and I would wall mount the tv in the corner to give a better angle for people on the sofa to watch it. Other then those minor tweaks it have nothing else to suggest. Love the sailboat and it's placement in your room.
    Bookmark   Thanked by keki    January 26, 2014 at 5:31AM
keki
Thank you! I have struggled for so long to find a place for that boat - I'm glad you think it works there!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 5:37AM
Go Nautical Collections
Yes, the boat model looks just right where it is.
    Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 9:08AM
Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
This is a lovely room and I agree with placement of boat.

Fireplace is very attractive and a focal point of this room but current placement of furniture crowds it & doesn't allow it to be the show piece it could be.

Looks like you have space behind sectional to pull it back & create a more spacious room. If yes, I would do that.

I could consider a different coffee table. Current look has too much straight line to it. Have you tried circular piece or pieces in seagrass/wicker?

Thinking if you have considered switching the TV & stand to wall where chairs are now? Create a sitting area in corner, and add some colour to white chairs with nautical look cushions.

Art on wall behind boat is not spaced properly, so looks a bit awkward. Check out Ideabooks for hanging art work.

Not sure about piece over fireplace??? Is it a mirror? What about some metal art, like used in one of my projects?
1 Like    Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 9:56AM
Can you move the TV to the left side of the FP and set it on a swivel base so it can sit centered on the cabinet and still be adjusted for viewing? I'd want the sectional on the wall and not blocking the windows. If you're doing a shore theme, I'd rather see the sailboat on the mantel instead of the reflective round thing. If you keep it there it needs to be lowered to about 5" above the mantel.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 10:26AM
Need help with Family Room furniture ideas/placement
If all things go as planned, we'll have closed on our...
Cammi Francis Quinton
Need help with furniture placement in my family room, just installed flat screen.
Hi! I just installed a flat screen tv in my family...
mnorwood
Help with Sofa Placement in Open Family Room
Hi all, We are looking for ideas for Sofa and chairs...
Sandy D
Can we put a sectional in this family room?
Anyone want to help us design our furniture layout?...
warren1980
Need help with family room! Furniture and new flat screen placement.
Room is 13x15 and opens into kitchen. 3 walls to work...
cscott2131
What would you hang over this fireplace? How to arrange furniture?
I haven't been to the furniture store yet because I...
Julie Smith
design disaster...House
So confused ... wall paint ... furniture ...? I just...
shielawebster
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
Need help with finishing touches in new kitchen!
I would like to add more art and need some help. I...
centaurita
Backsplash help!!!
Hi my kitchen is all done except backsplash and paint....
scooper25