How do you dress these odd windows?
jlgodshall
I dislike these stubby windows and am not sure how to best dress them. The first is in the master (I know it's awkward but the poster bed is staying) and the second is a guest room. The vertical blinds look so chunky. Because they are high they will most often be open but guests in particular will probably want to close. Any suggestions? Thanks!
deborita81
I sure hope someone helps you because I have the same windows over my bed ! Never sure what to do with them.....sorry I am of no help...
January 27, 2014 at 11:28am     
yvonnecmartin
In our previous house I used wood shutters that match the wall color. You see the advantage of these windows--you can place furniture under them. Sorry that I don't have photos.
January 27, 2014 at 11:32am   
sarabeth2
Me too -- I have these type of windows in bedrooms. I was thinking of putting up a fabric roman shade. I too leave mine open most all the time, but guests would probably like to have option to close. I would have to do an outside mount about 4" above the window, as my windows are almost flush with the wall, no room for an inside mount. Keep us posted on what you do with your windows!
January 27, 2014 at 11:32am   
mpoulsom
I would hang curtain panels from your canopy bed on the back wall to go all the way across. open and close when you wish.
The other bedroom I would prob do the same thing basically except mount the panels on a rod from the ceiling to floor and pretend you have larger windows. :)

I would eliminate the verticals entirely and just get a roll-up shade of some sort.
January 27, 2014 at 11:59am     
dclostboy
There are no windows behind the bed in this pic, but thought it might serve as food for thought.
January 27, 2014 at 12:14pm     
amykett
How about this? From http://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/category/makeovers/page/3/ It's a flat-panel outside mount roman shade.
January 27, 2014 at 12:58pm     
tennisanyone
A wood blind that goes to the ceiling so it looks like the window is taller. Fake the window to be taller. No one will know when the blinds are open or closed and when you close it, raise them to just above the frame making like the window starts at the ceiling. I did this in a bathroom.
January 27, 2014 at 1:10pm     
jlgodshall
Thanks for all of the great ideas. We are still at the stripping wallpaper stage, getting ready for paint. I want new bedding in the guest room. A little more urban, a little less cowboy (I'm in Phoenix and had a territorial home before). Doing something more sophisticated with that window will really change up the room. P.S. It had diner-themed wallpaper under the baby blue! My daughter called it the hamburger room.
January 27, 2014 at 2:24pm     
What do you think about mismatched dining chairs?
The key to an eclectic look, surely? And also brilliant...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Need help with roof and shutter colors
Hi, Our house's color scheme is definitely NOT my...
What can I do to the front of this house to make it attractive..
Would like to turn room to the right back into a porch. Can...