What does the view from your bed look like?
Jeannie Nguyen
What's the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning?

Post a photo of the view you see from your bedroom! If only I could have a view this awesome...jealous!

armygirl1987
Not as exquisite but I love this art.
January 27, 2014 at 12:09PM     
Specialty Doors
If my view looked like that I wouldnt get out of bed!
January 27, 2014 at 12:12PM     
sandkshouse
Our bedroom is laid out so that it looks nice when you walk in and so that no one has to go around the bed to use the bathroom. Unfortunately, that means my view is into the bathroom. Might be time to rethink the bedroom layout.
January 27, 2014 at 12:36PM     
dclostboy
For those of you that have been following...the view from the bedroom of the rented vacation villa.
January 27, 2014 at 12:44PM     
acroteria
It's Winter and grey today. But when it's Summer and sunny every 2nd. fl. window view looks upon trees. It feels like being in a treeehouse. BtW, we have a 2nd. fl. porch so that's why you see a newell post and beadboard ceiling outside the window...the dangly thing is the pull chain on our porch ceiling fan. See my photo album for what it looks like from the street.
January 27, 2014 at 1:03PM     
mfwolfe
The view is pretty nice winter or summer but I would have to get out of my warm bed to raise the shades so that doesn't happen until after coffee. This morning when I awoke there was an owl in those trees hooting to call a mate.
January 27, 2014 at 2:13PM     
mfwolfe
And I try just to not look at the neighbor's truck!
January 27, 2014 at 2:14PM     
Specialty Doors
Hiding TV's with barn door hardware is taking off. Some folks have used wall hangings as well as oil paintings
January 27, 2014 at 2:37PM     
This face staring at me with "get up, I want breakfast" all over it;))
January 27, 2014 at 2:42PM     
m3459
Red sky at morning, sailors take warning....
January 27, 2014 at 2:44PM     
armygirl1987
Looks like my dog. @Margo
January 27, 2014 at 2:48PM     
Got a picture?
January 27, 2014 at 2:49PM   
armygirl1987
Not on my phone and he is in his cage right now. LOL
January 27, 2014 at 2:51PM   
armygirl1987
Is he a poodle, mine is a mix poodle.
January 27, 2014 at 2:52PM   
Yeah, He is a goldendoodle.
January 27, 2014 at 2:59PM     
With the deck lights on:
January 27, 2014 at 3:13PM     
Sustainable Dwellings
Deep woods and a creek.
January 27, 2014 at 5:38PM     
dclostboy
Bedroom at the beach house.
January 27, 2014 at 5:43PM     
tiamay
The morning sunrise. I take pics almost every day, never get tired of the view. This was today.
January 27, 2014 at 5:49PM     
ruthmand
dclostboy, not fair - you need to come back from vacation and face the reality of winter like the rest of us!
January 27, 2014 at 5:58PM     
mallow53
I planned our cottage style house on a small lake so I see the sun coming up and look down the lake. It is frozen now so I see the ice and sometimes ice fishermen.
January 27, 2014 at 6:26PM     
eightpondfarm
out the window off our balcony is our flock of sheep. and off to the west side are two of our bulls, Stewart and Raeburn. and once the sun comes up, the chickens come out and start foraging.
January 27, 2014 at 9:58PM     
amanpino
Fromt view from our bed in the summer months: trees in Luxembourg-city
Front view from our bed in the winter months: wall cabinets in Spain (Andalucia)
January 27, 2014 at 10:01PM     
rredpenn
Our bedroom and bath windows are on the upper level... view of treetops and what we call the "zen garden path" haha! I can't take credit. We bought it this way!
January 28, 2014 at 4:51AM     
Studio M Interior Design
A view of a hungry dog with puppy dog eyes is the view from my bed in the morning! :)
January 28, 2014 at 6:12AM     
eightpondfarm
our bulls are very friendly, and tend to sleep as close to the house as they can get. sometimes we use their fence as a clothes line for blankets or rugs
January 28, 2014 at 7:43AM     
Sigrid
I see my Copper Beech in Maine, The Zhivopisny Bridge in Moscow
January 28, 2014 at 7:53AM     
Debra Kokesch
Overlooking the river valley.
January 28, 2014 at 8:27AM     
dclostboy
Picked the right week to work on my tan :)
January 28, 2014 at 8:30AM   
^ ;P
January 28, 2014 at 10:08AM   
Khaanee
When I wake up I look to my right over the closet doors above my inspirational paintings is a wall saying, "Wake up everyday with the thought that something wonderful is about happen." Then when I look to the left above my dresser it says "The secret to having it all is knowing you already do". Then I go into my bathroom and over the towel rack says! "Everyday holds the possibility of a miracle". I am then filled with positive wonderful energy to begin everyday.
January 28, 2014 at 10:47AM     
ellripley
At the moment I chose not to look out the window in the morning :) But once I move in a couple of months it will be the Thames and big blue (well, probably mostly grey) sky from all my windows :)
January 28, 2014 at 1:56PM     
mamadubbs
Hmmmmm, I like my room, but this view is boring! The view to the side is what I see when I wake up (second pic). Both walls are a work in progress...........
January 28, 2014 at 2:14PM     
NoRule S
View from my bedroom :-)
January 29, 2014 at 2:24AM     
okdokegal
Depends on which way I'm facing. Either a white wall facing a 9' bit of heating bench that is a sort of greytan, a streak that's a few feet high; a ceiling recently painted white and looking stunning with new drywall... my hubby still drying out his tonsils, a white wall where the headboard will go someday, or the foot of the bed and the 42" tv that autotimed off. The dark green king sheets turned into curtains is blocking the streetlight that shines in my face at night, and the rays of the early morning sun that wish to get me up. If I open that curtain I get my collection of greenfence dwarf fruit trees and the incredible mound of tumbleweeds that blew in over the weekend from I don't know where.
January 29, 2014 at 2:57AM     
rosecafe
Okiedoke, i don't know about your bedroom morning views, but your description is pure poetry. : )
January 29, 2014 at 3:43AM     
ellripley
NoRuleS: seriously that's your view? Just let me know please if you want to move to London, I'll be happy to swap! :)
January 29, 2014 at 3:54AM     
stepi
Sunrise over the Alps!
January 29, 2014 at 4:01AM     
NoRule S
Yup thats the view from my bedroom. Our villa is for rent, we've got 2 bedroom listed on airbnb as a private room :-)
January 29, 2014 at 4:30AM     
flyergal
I like my view in the middle of the night. With my bed facing the clelestory windows, I see the stars as they pass by.
January 29, 2014 at 5:17AM     
soto01
HI JEANNIE! YOU ARE ONE MAGNIFICENT DECORATOR! YOU ALSO DID ONE OF MY FAVORITE HOMES FROM SOUTHERN LIVING, YEARS AGO! YOU HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE! LOVE HOW YOU SIMPLIFIED THE FURNISHINGS IN THIS GORGEOUS BEDROOM TO LET THAT SPECTACTULAR VIEW DOMINATE! AMAZING!!!
January 29, 2014 at 5:43AM   
architectrunnerguy
Two views
January 29, 2014 at 5:53AM     
dclostboy
@norule s, where is the villa? Already planning my next vacation.
January 29, 2014 at 6:16AM     
Ann
Im a Shabby Chic type and when I wake up in my wooden house in the heavy woods of old Florida, this is what I see
January 29, 2014 at 6:43AM     
jcpapp
My morning wake up view!
January 29, 2014 at 6:45AM     
Hahahah jcpapp- I see hunger in her eyes lol so cute!
January 29, 2014 at 6:47AM   
kristarose95
View across from my bed!
January 29, 2014 at 7:19AM     
litehearted
The first thing I see is the sun coming up through the trees {we overlook a cemetery}. Hubby brings me a latte to sip -- I lean with my back against the linen headboard of our bed. Our kitten greets me and plumps herself down for a morning belly rub. Our other cat follows hubby around, anticipating breakfast. I'm not a morning person, but this is the perfect start to any day for me. :)
January 29, 2014 at 7:47AM     
litehearted
icy winter view
January 29, 2014 at 7:50AM     
loniluna
@Sigrid - how do you see both Maine and Moscow? Do you have 2 homes?
January 29, 2014 at 8:21AM   
loniluna
@Ann - Adore your bedroom!!!
January 29, 2014 at 8:21AM   
krissiemarie
Our view is of nature and is peaceful. After living on the over populated east coast for over 15 years, we are quite happy here.
January 29, 2014 at 8:52AM     
beazee
Wondering if anyone sleeps with their curtains or shades closed? This makes me wish for a remote control for my shades. My view is quite nice, but I don'f feel comfy in bed with the blinds up.
January 29, 2014 at 9:34AM   
soozmacrae
Oh how I wish I had a beautiful view like the others have shown here. Im glad that you all appreciate them too. I look across the street to the neighbours houses.
January 29, 2014 at 10:50AM     
mdnotdr
Some of the views posted here are so beautiful! but I wouldn't trade mine. (we have no shades or curtains on our windows...no neighbors.
January 29, 2014 at 11:30AM     
panama
The Pacific ocean!
January 29, 2014 at 1:24PM     
grobby
A beautiful, serene spot.
January 29, 2014 at 1:32PM     
architectrunnerguy
The view question is an interesting question. I posted my current one above and before we moved here 10 years ago we lived on a hill in the country for 17 years with 20 mile views toward the Blue Ridge Mountains.

As an architect doing many waterfront homes, I often find clients want the view to be what "drives the bus" for the entire house. No question, it's a major design consideration and not to be discounted and these people are people who have spend years looking out their back door at their neighbors deck an BBQ grill so the "ship has come in" view for them needs to be taken seriously.

The reality is, when living permanently with a view, over time it tends to get taken for granted. Not on purpose or anything like that but that's just human nature. Kinda like when we get a new car and the first few thousand miles it's a brand new experience with the new leather smell and all but then after a while it becomes just a machine to get to where we want to go.

And sure, there are people, some of who may even respond to this, that look out and actively cherish their view everyday and that's probably as it should be but for every one of them there are probably multiple people who become used to their view in going about their everyday lives. Note I didn't say "unappreciated". Maybe the best analogy is having someone around you that you love. They're appreciated but we're used to them being around all the time. We don't greet them everyday like we have not seen them in a year. In a way a permanent everyday view becomes kind of like that. It just gets taken for granted.

With the above in mind I always council my clients to "Frame a view, don't over expose it". Having had clients who literally didn't want to cover up a single square inch of their view and wound up with lesser houses because of it (one we reconfigured the whole house so to have a small window over the washing machine so the lady "could see the view" while there), just remember one day we might walk into that room with the stunning view and not bother to take it in so don't let the whole house suffer because what's new may one day be not so new later on.
January 29, 2014 at 3:02PM     
ellripley
Architectrunnerguy, what a fascinating comment! I have been thinking about "the view" a lot lately. I have found the property I am moving into (hopefully!) soon over 6 months ago but insurance issues with the building delayed the process. I waited because I just couldn't find another place that competed with the view. Ok, the rest of the flat is good, perfectly matches my needs but it was the view - more specifically the 30 ft top floor balcony overlooking the Thames - that sold the flat to me.
At this stage I believe I will always cherish that view, even if I spend my next 30 years there. I work in Central London, have a stressful job and I find the view of water very calming. I wonder if there will be days when I don't look at and think that in a city of 8 million I'm one of the lucky few with a direct view of the river. But you're right, it might just become so much part of the everyday life that it will be just a backdrop, the thing that's always there and not something to feel special about every day. I'll report back in a few years :)
January 29, 2014 at 3:23PM     
NoRule S
@dclostboy, Lombok island, Indonesia.
January 29, 2014 at 3:41PM   
architectrunnerguy
Ellripley, wow ! The Thames, sounds like a view to die for! One thing I've found in our 27 years of views; One was of far away mountains with the sunsets and all and the other (above) is close up. The far away one became part of our fabric pretty early on while the close up one is always interesting. Not from a view standpoint necessarily but from an activity standpoint. The boat channel is close and there's always boats to look at coming and going (we have three binoculars in various parts of the house) "Wow! Look at all the people on that boat!", "Uh oh, they got hung up in the channel" etc. So your Thames view might be a lot of the same thing.

Don't discount your view, just remember one day someone might walk into your house and say "Wow!! look at your view!!" and you respond with "Huhh? Oh yeah, nice." Not saying you're jaded, just sayin' that's human nature.
January 29, 2014 at 3:43PM     
skylinewater
I won't shut the blinds in my bedroom because I like going to sleep watching e twinkling lights of the city...and I like waking up to the sunrise over the Robert Kennedy bridge. I know I won't ever get used to or take this view for granted. Before I moved to this apartment, I lived in a home backing a schoolyard. You couldn't see the school...just lots of empty space and trees. I appreciated every day for 35 years. Why? I grew up in a home where my dad nailed thick plexiglass over all windows to keep the burglars out. Yes, it was a fire hazard. Lucky us! But it left me grateful for the beauty I now surround myself with. Morning and night:
January 29, 2014 at 3:52PM     
skylinewater
Oops, sorry. That's the living room. Here's the bedroom:
January 29, 2014 at 3:54PM     
ellripley
Architectrunnerguy, I completely see where you're coming from. I have been working in one of the most beautiful and historic buildings of the country for 7 years; in the first year or two every day I was amazed by the beauty and incredible architecture that surrounded me. Now it's only moments (usually when it's free of tourists) and not even every day when I look around and marvel about the unique and stunning surroundings. It has become the backdrop.
As for the river, you're right, boat watching will be fun and because it's a very open part of the city (the river is half a mile wide there) you can see when bad weather is moving in (all the time :)) so even watching the ever changing sky should be fascinating.
I once lived by the Hudson with the Catskills as a backdrop - it is lovely to have mountains in the background. I haven't seen a mountain until I was 16 and I only had that view for a year so I never got used to it :)
January 29, 2014 at 3:55PM     
juliede
I see a rain forest.
January 29, 2014 at 4:11PM     
rcford
My bedroom view this afternoon
January 29, 2014 at 4:15PM     
ruthmand
Maybe it makes a difference if the scenery changes rather than staying static like your historic office building. I live very close to nature and we have four seasons. Therefore the view is always changing, much like your water views ellriply & architectrunnerguy. I think I can honestly say that not a day goes by when I do not appreciate how lucky I am to be living in this spot.
January 29, 2014 at 4:22PM   
rcford
I agree, ruthmand. The skies are always interesting, and once the ice breaks up on our lake the lake takes on its own personality, always changing. Every time I walk in my house I'm amazed that I get to live here.
January 29, 2014 at 4:30PM     
ellripley
ruthmand, you're right, changes and movement make it more interesting. My workplace is not an office building but an 800-year-old church so it doesn't change a lot but it's huge and full of history, a lot to discover but because it's work I just forget to enjoy it most of the time. Perhaps when it's our home we spend more time switching off and appreciating things for what they are.
Very nice to see that so many people value their amazing views.
January 29, 2014 at 4:51PM     
jdingles
Waiting to see the fish jump
January 29, 2014 at 4:52PM     
pattikee
My view looks exactly like the one featured here......until I wake up. :)
January 29, 2014 at 7:51PM     
checkvalve
Puget Sound with Seattle skyline in background. Never gets old. Especially enjoy the morning sunrises like this one.
January 29, 2014 at 8:27PM     
Marcy Soto
This view is from my bedroom facing Miami Beach.
January 29, 2014 at 8:37PM     
summgardner
The Atlantic ocean seen in the morning and at night.
January 29, 2014 at 8:45PM     
oakleyspanky
Winter, fall and summer slightly different angles out the bedroom window
January 29, 2014 at 9:47PM     
saratesoro
bella italia !
January 30, 2014 at 12:23AM   
saratesoro
yes, well, bella italia doesn't like to upload pics today. :{
January 30, 2014 at 12:54AM     
krissiemarie
@saratesoro is that on Lake Como? The last part of Italy I've wanted to see. Quite a lovely view!
January 30, 2014 at 1:26AM     
joanne
My muse, this beautiful old gum tree.
January 30, 2014 at 3:22AM     
bajanrolf
Lake views sold us on the place! Especially great when the big storms blow in off the lake and we can storm watch snug and cosy from the bed!
January 30, 2014 at 5:07AM     
dclostboy
I'll always appreciate the beach house view, as I'm only privileged to be there on weekends.
January 30, 2014 at 5:15AM     
Adele Pley
This may not be the view from my bed but it is the view I'm greeted with when I walk out of my bedroom at our new cottage!
January 30, 2014 at 5:33AM     
Adele Pley
also..
January 30, 2014 at 5:40AM     
saratesoro
krissiemarie, it's Lake Garda.
January 30, 2014 at 9:24AM     
GMF+ASSOCIATES architects
I am reminded of a new house design I did for a client some years ago where progress was suddenly stopped dead over the concern that the children would not be able to see the view from lying flat in their beds. (The obstruction was the porch roof of the floor below that covered the bottom 3-0 of wall of the children's window wall.) Surely my body language was detectable about this fuss, even if my eyes did not actually roll. It's like the homeowner is imagining that they are staring at a view every waking moment, whatever they are doing (eating, sleeping, texting, bathing, cooking, whatever). My philosophy about views is that a view is truly enjoyed as the scene changes and a body moves around in space. The osprey that is soaring above the water can be seen best at different windows at different times. I will try not to roll my eyes when the next client wants the furniture arranged to look at the TV, the fireplace and view at the same time. I will explain my philosophy about views and continue to do everything possible to bring the view into the living space to the best advantage of the house design and the pleasure of the homeowner. I live with many windows in my own house, 36 windows in my Living Room alone. I have attached the view from my bedroom window, last night's sunset over the frozen water in our cove in Virginia Beach. I cannot see this view from lying flat on my bed ...whatever :)
January 30, 2014 at 10:16AM     
architectrunnerguy
GMF, I agree entirely and touched on that above. I'm a little further up the Chesapeake Bay. And as you can see from one of my photos above there's even an Osprey in it (we call the pair Ozzie and Harriett although we don't know which is which LOL). The view CAN be overstated instead of left to be understated elegance.

I had one client who's house faced the same bridge in the other photo only 45* angled away and the builder convinced them to reconfigure the master bedroom walls at 45* so the bed was thus facing the bridge dead on! Destroyed the closets but damned if we're not gonna maximize that view!!!
January 30, 2014 at 11:03AM     
gozvrrm
Because nearly the entire back side of my house is windows, I have a spectacular view from everywhere - including lying flat in my bed. The blurry sunrise photo was taken from my bed very early one morning - couldn't resist. (I guess it is blurry because I was not quite awake yet! ) The changing seasons make it interesting. Sometimes I look up from something I'm doing, catch glimpse out the window and think, "Holy crap, that's incredible!" :-) I can't imagine ever tiring of it.
January 30, 2014 at 11:31AM     
gozvrrm
Oh and sometimes we can watch the bald eagles that nest nearby.
January 30, 2014 at 11:37AM     
ducks43
In the past we have been fortunate to have 180 degree ocean views from our bed. After living with this for 7 years we realised we didn't need or appreciate a view from the bedroom as much as we did from the daytime living rooms. We looked out our bedroom window to see the ocean in the morning before the bustle of the day, and at night the ocean was dark. Our current house has a pleasant garden view from the bedroom, and panoramic mountain and valley views from the areas in which we spend most of our time. This view is far better value.
January 30, 2014 at 6:08PM   
litehearted
ducks43, what you are saying makes sense...a pretty garden view is still advantageous, though! :) We live in a condo, and are fortunate to have windows in the bedrooms and living room that face South, into the trees, as well as two large windows in the kitchen that face West, overlooking the Belt Line which is active all day long with joggers and dog walkers. It means that when you walk in the front door, there is a lot of light streaming in from every direction and the space feels much larger than it is. The trade off, is that neither bathroom has a window. Small compromise. The bedroom view is important to me, because I lounge in bed over a coffee, reading my daily morning Gardenista email, catching up on Houzz, and I enjoy watching the squirrels jumping through the fir trees, admiring their acrobatics, and the joggers in the cemetery with their brightly coloured lycro sportswear, admiring their dedication. We crack the window open, and the cats love to sniff the breeze. If it's snowing, my kitten is watching in awe, with big wide eyes. It's still and beautiful, and at the same time, teeming with life and activity. I remind myself often how lucky I am to have this. I love a busy city skyline when I'm traveling, but for every day home life, nothing beats nature for my view. And yes, it important to take the time to truly appreciate your spouse and see them not as an extension of yourself, but for the unique individual that they are. A good exercise is to take 20 min. one day, and write down everything that comes to mind about your partner that you would miss about them if they were no longer with you. Share that information with them. It's this intimate knowledge of one another that a couple shares, things that not everyone else may be aware of, that is part of the bond. Identifying these qualities/traits/quirky habits, makes you appreciate them even more, even if you are well past the stage of making googly eyes at one another.
February 1, 2014 at 7:23AM     
Umm Sulaimaan
I live in the dessert of Saudi Arabia and still I feel peace when looking at the view, but I miss my home view and appreciate Seattle more! no place like home Dorothy
February 2, 2014 at 1:19AM     
dunedingirl
The view from my spare bedroom in Island Bay, Wellington, New Zealand.
February 2, 2014 at 1:39AM     
ddoolin
M beautiful daughters face :)
February 2, 2014 at 1:40AM     
Steel Windows and Doors USA
Beautiful view! I'd be interested in knowing what type glass was used here?
February 3, 2014 at 5:34PM   
juplips
We bought the house because of the view.
February 4, 2014 at 7:31PM     
Brandi Nash Hicks
I am just a few blocks from the Tennessee River can't see it from my bed ,but I can from the front room , also a few Blocks from the Chattanooga Choo Choo
February 4, 2014 at 7:47PM   
sfsapp
Here's my view
February 12, 2014 at 9:53AM     
bainmrb
Our "tree house" master suite overlooks Vail Mountain ski resort.
February 12, 2014 at 10:02AM     
Mark
We do have a nice view to the left ( through the big windows ) but right across from the bed is our fireplace which we love, especially with the cold winter we have had and continue to have this year.

February 12, 2014 at 10:10AM     
melaniewhitlock
The view was one of the reasons that I bought this house.
February 12, 2014 at 10:17AM     
tdub1111
The photo you posted at the top of this discussion was the Houzz photo that inspired our vineyard bedroom!
February 12, 2014 at 11:08AM     
Mahinui Gail
This is the view from the bed in the treehouse at Kilauea volcano, HI
February 12, 2014 at 5:35PM     
zekestrail
A view of our beautiful western NC mountains
February 12, 2014 at 5:37PM     
Maureen Daniels McCarty
The view from one of the bedrooms at our vacation house on the Downeast Coast of Maine.
February 12, 2014 at 5:51PM     
Laurie Tuck
House will be done in April
February 12, 2014 at 5:51PM     
chrisdichiaro
From our bed
February 12, 2014 at 5:55PM     
chickensupernova77
Not quite from my bedroom, but the view from my roof is better.
February 12, 2014 at 6:19PM     
mikeandhelen
From the bedroom window of newly built retirement home.
February 12, 2014 at 6:28PM     
mikeandhelen
And the annual fireworks show....we could watch from bed but.....
February 12, 2014 at 6:52PM     
nocera47
Our Wilmington Delaware view overlooking a creek and gardens. The home was built by an artist in 1959 and is very inspiring.
February 12, 2014 at 6:52PM     
kathleen MK
A vast array of creative clutter and baskets of laundry to be put away. But it is dark when I tumble out of bed toward the potty and I don't view much before coffee.
February 12, 2014 at 6:58PM     
Stephanie Parker
Lucky to wake up to this view in Northern British Columbia. And for those who think it's only wealthy people who awaken to beautiful views...it's not true. This small log house is in a very small town surrounded by wilderness. Remote but so, so beautiful and way cheaper than living in any city. Sure beats the view of the lights of the Expressway in Toronto that I grew up looking at. (taken while actually in bed....we rarely closed the curtains)
February 12, 2014 at 7:25PM     
condomary
I live on a hill with a view over the top of a valley facing east. Sometimes it looks like the ridge is on fire when the sun is coming up, other times a peaceful view of tops of trees.
February 12, 2014 at 7:38PM     
Dave Rees
South Devon UK
February 12, 2014 at 11:11PM     
Platinum Design Build Co.
My morning begins with this. So grateful in beautiful LBI, New Jersey.
February 13, 2014 at 2:40AM     
Derek Mark
My little apartment balcony garden, but incredible view!
February 13, 2014 at 3:37AM     
Patricia Laursen
Looks like the coast of Maine.
February 13, 2014 at 5:39AM   
Ramona
Birch tree, ponds -- three, 22 acre pond, golf course. will never be build upon. quiet and animals: geese, ducks, badger in one pond, deer at night
February 13, 2014 at 5:45AM   
Belle Chaise
Fun to live in a large city but have a woods behind my house. Love to watch the seasons change.
February 13, 2014 at 6:10AM     
aspencountryclub
View from my bed...
February 13, 2014 at 11:39AM     
aspencountryclub
Also view from my work desk at home ...St-Sauveur, Quebec
February 13, 2014 at 11:47AM     
Designs by DiCarlo
Its nothing like the first view jeannie posted but it still makes me smile every morning :)
February 13, 2014 at 11:50AM     
aspencountryclub
That is all that matters!!
February 13, 2014 at 12:01PM   
triciarobinson
View? What view? Boy, everyone just loved this discussion. Definitely a fun one.
February 13, 2014 at 12:05PM     
lynnmr
View from my bedroom .....Cambridge, Ontario CANADA
February 13, 2014 at 12:32PM   
grewa002
I grew up with my bedroom facing the mediterranean sea in Greece, with fishing and cruise boats going by. The bedroom was facing west, so I would look at the sunset every day. Even as a child and teenager, it never became boring, Every day there was something new to look at. I remember crying after my first teenage romantic disappointment, and then I remember looking at the bright sea and sun, and thinking that nobody can be sad when there is such beauty around...

Unfortunately, even though I have a decent view now, nothing compares to that
February 13, 2014 at 12:46PM     
lynnmr
I'll try again.....having trouble loading photo!
Cambridge, Ontario CANADA. :)
February 13, 2014 at 1:01PM     
architectrunnerguy
lynnmr: Much better. For a while I thought you looked perpetually at a blizzard!
February 13, 2014 at 1:06PM     
Trish Fitzgerald
Chrysler Building NYC
February 13, 2014 at 2:54PM     
Carol Fair
OMG, And I mean that reverently.
February 13, 2014 at 4:07PM   
annepalmerpeterson
My view makes me happy :)
February 13, 2014 at 5:03PM     
Denita
Very serene annepalmerpeterson :)
February 13, 2014 at 5:09PM   
jrrider1
The City Hall...
February 16, 2014 at 12:35AM     
Snaggy
I can't compete with tne views here !.....all I have is a view of 20ft high Victorian brick wall
that surrounds an old walled garden.. from the front I look up the Exe estuary in Devon
February 24, 2014 at 9:20AM   
Mint Design
I am blessed to awake to this view in the winter. :)
March 6, 2014 at 5:21PM     
thiamom
Thank you all so much for sharing!
I feel like I've just taken a delightful trip

Arcitectrunnerguy...is that the bay bridge from the eastern shore?
March 6, 2014 at 6:30PM   
thiamom
Eight pond farm...if you ever need a house sitter...
March 6, 2014 at 6:31PM     
jen046
My huge, favorite painting.
March 6, 2014 at 6:47PM     
architectrunnerguy
Thiamom, yes that's the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Only it's from the western shore. I live in Annapolis, "the drinking city with a sailing problem".
March 7, 2014 at 2:38AM     
thiamom
Yes, I thought I recognized it. I live on the eastern shore, in Easton. Grew up here and have seen a lot of changes! But the bay is a constant. Finally got my house on the water...under major renovation. I am trying to enjoy the process but I can't wait to send you all a picture of the view I'll have in the morning.
March 7, 2014 at 4:10AM   
architectrunnerguy
Yes. Been to Easton many times. Great town! Probably be over in your "neck of the woods" next in May for the St. Michael's Running Festival. Looking forward to seeing your photos!
March 7, 2014 at 4:17AM   
thiamom
Stop in at Bartlett Design Studio on Harrison Street in Easton if you get the chance. I'll be in the back room at the sewing machine
March 7, 2014 at 4:22AM     
ericafunnn
My view is a busy New York City street.
March 7, 2014 at 4:31AM   
GMF+ASSOCIATES architects
Sometimes there is a trade off when considering which room will get the best view. Designing a house from scratch gives the site the priority for best views advantage. It is a luxury for a bedroom to get a great view. (The number of daylight hours spent in a bedroom are fewer than a lining room or a kitchen.)
To maximize the opportunity for views in the principal living spaces we remove walls to see across a living room from a kitchen or a dining room. The same idea could apply in a bedroom. Consider a moveable wall that allows a bathroom to see across a bedroom for a look the view. The moveable wall could be sohgi screens, folding shutters, my favorite is an overhead roll up wall (works similar to garage door).

Designs for views are great fun.
March 8, 2014 at 6:32AM   
Beautiful Habitat: Design & Decoration
A fireplace. I feel grateful for that! although the space has not yet been decorated as seen in the photo.
March 8, 2014 at 6:36AM   
fireplace ideas!?
should I hang a painting or leave it clean? I need...
What wall color would you choose?
I went with BM vellum trying to bring some warmth into...
Need design help with siding, roof and brick
We recently took hail damage and have to replace the...
1980s cabinets with oak trim
I need to do I something with this kitchen. I don't...
Landscape Design SOftware
I am interested in using Landscape Design software...