Deciding a power coat color for our new desk design
Circle Goods Reclaimed
January 27, 2014 in Design Dilemma
We made a new desk and decided to turn the base over to you Houzzers! I did not set it up in a poll because I don't want to limit you all to certain color options, simply go crazy and lets find out what you all think. The more input and ideas the better and after a week or two I will take what I feel to be the best idea, (So state reasons or points to support your opinion). Can't wait to hear what you all think!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Amy Stokes
I would say white or black to give the most versatility. If I could choose a color for my house, I would go with Kelly green or a pumpkin orange. It's a great desk. A round version would make a great entry table.
January 27, 2014 at 3:14pm   
felixgrantham
Black or Red or Verdigris (the green color of old copper downspouts)
January 27, 2014 at 3:35pm   
Samantha L
I love that wood! I think it balanced the angular base very well. I'd also go for a very bright blue, red, or green.
January 27, 2014 at 3:42pm   
leelee
Could you pick 5 or 6 colors and let the buyer decide which they want to purchase? Have several of each color in stock and ready for shipment. Definitely black and maybe ORB and darkred.
January 28, 2014 at 5:23am   
Jessica
I'm a fan of Falcon Northwest computers which can be ordered in any of the custom colors you might order a car in - or with custom airbrush artwork. http://www.falcon-nw.com/ For me, I love some of the color change paints that appear different colors based on the lighting. There are also some nanopaints that allow you to change the color by flipping a switch http://nanoenergia.com/ . However I don't know how many of these cool paint colors are powder coats instead of paint or enamel. But if I were buying the desk for myself I'd probably go with a deep candy apple red metallic.
January 28, 2014 at 5:36am   
dclostboy
Chartreuse....definitely chartreuse.
January 28, 2014 at 6:14am   
PRO
Circle Goods Reclaimed
Leelee I would be very open to making it whatever color a buyer would want. But we do everything by hand and have quite a bit of time in a piece like that. It is however something we could recreate so that is something to think about. I like all the suggestions for the red and am loving the idea of Verdigris. Dclostboy the chartreuse is a color I never even considered but am open to it. That is a cool idea.. Keep them coming this is great!
January 28, 2014 at 7:38am   
PRO
Circle Goods Reclaimed
Also, really like the idea of making a round base like this for the entry table, you all are full of ideas!
January 28, 2014 at 7:45am