Need help with my kitchen tile and reno
Christelle
Hello everyone , it's finally time for me to do this kitchen , very excited and i just cannot wait lol , here my plans , shaker style cabs in white i have a kraus 36 apron stainless steel sink that going undr the window with a dishwasher and maybe if place allow a drink dispenser i keep my tall shelving and do not want anything else on that wall , i am getting a 36 wide pro gas stove in white and stainless top i just going to have the smallest cab available to just place each side of it nothing else , a island with drawers opposit color , dark cab and white quartz , i plan on tile the whole kitchen top to bottom with white subway tile grey grout , i also fall in complete love with a glass mosaic tile shown below , i am thinking a stripe vertical behind stove and hood???? can i do this is it ok to mix theses 2 tiles??????? how can i incorporate that glass tile where to tile with it in my kitchen to make sure all tie and looks good ? i am asking right now because the tile work will be ordered and done just right after install i want to make sure i don't go crazy with tile lol
mveasey
Tile photo does not show, kindly upload again.
January 27, 2014 at 3:42pm        Thanked by Christelle
Patricia Colwell
I agree we need to see tile. Usually it is most important that the tiles be the same thickness.
January 27, 2014 at 4:01pm        Thanked by Christelle
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hi Christelle - post photos of your kitchen from all angles, and then materials you are considering. Regarding tile thickness, any professional tiler can accommodate varying thicknesses, you need to tell them about it before they estimate the job though as it is more work for them to install.
January 27, 2014 at 4:13pm        Thanked by Christelle
Christelle
i have been trying to upload the pics the internet or houzz not kind with me today brrrrrrrrrr
January 27, 2014 at 4:38pm   
Christelle
here after 5 tries lol this is the glass tile called solistone folia glass 12x 12 if i do the whole wall i think it's going to be a lill too much ?????
January 27, 2014 at 4:39pm   
Christelle
This is the counter top quartz in galaxy ice :black with silver flakes
January 27, 2014 at 4:44pm   
Christelle
kitchen right now pardon the camp site lol
January 27, 2014 at 4:46pm   
dclostboy
That would certainly make a strong individual statement.
January 27, 2014 at 4:46pm        Thanked by Christelle
Christelle
should i forget that pretty tile and play it soft with regular all white subway tile or there is still a chance to incorporate somehow/somewhere this tile in my kitchen????? i got the feeling it would look gorgeous but not a whole wall???? i don't know i am really bad at picture it in my head
January 27, 2014 at 4:49pm   
mpoulsom
you could just do a stripe of it incorporated into your white subway tile, if it's too much for you. The fact that you are saying that means that you are scared of just that. Don't do it.
Or just use that color for your accent in other things in the kitchen. What you are describing is very neutral, very classic as far as your other materials....maybe it's just me, but that glass tile looks a little bit different in style from your other ideas.
January 27, 2014 at 4:49pm     
mpoulsom
ok, so that entire wall where the hood is, is going to be tiled? correct?
and are the other walls going to stay the grayish color?
January 27, 2014 at 4:53pm        Thanked by Christelle
mpoulsom
christelle, try to delete your other thread/discussion you have started....it will be too confusing. :)
January 27, 2014 at 4:55pm        Thanked by Christelle
Christelle
actually i am planning to tile the whole kitchen in subway tile because i do not know really where to stop and cut or start due to limited cabs ect
January 27, 2014 at 4:58pm   
Christelle
this is what i was thinking maybe do a stripe between the subway? only do the above sink accent????and stop the strip end of that wall? well my style is eclectic i love to mix , i want to tile entirely in subway to be able the keep the kitchen clean , i love my paint but not practical in cleaning really , i would really like neutral with a pop or twist of modern. as you can see the kitchen is tiny
January 27, 2014 at 4:59pm   
dclostboy
Multiple vertical stripes or one larger horizontal stripe.
January 27, 2014 at 5:05pm        Thanked by Christelle
Christelle
large horizontal stripe behind the hood and new stove ???? or if i go multiple horizontal should i go all around the kitchen walls , i am not scare of being different if it look nice :)
January 27, 2014 at 5:12pm   
Christelle
i was looking around this idea maybe just one

January 27, 2014 at 5:20pm   
mveasey
If you could add some more photos of your kitchen that would give us a better idea. I like the tile, but think with both a strong countertop colour and a backsplash like yours might be too high contrast. Have you purchased the countertop yet?
I'll attach some photos, the ones where the backsplash is the crowning glory mostly have more muted countertop colours, one photo has a black one.
Will there be upper cabinets along with the range hood?
I think I would try to go with one standout feature. You could tile one wall, lets say, if the stove one is the most prominent wall you see from your traffic flow, then do the backsplash there, all the way. Then see how you like it. If you do and have purchased enough tile to do the rest of the kitchen backsplash area then do it, worst case scenario you are happy with just one wall and pay a restocking fee to the tile shop - but check first if they offer this option!
Good luck!
January 27, 2014 at 5:32pm        Thanked by Christelle
Christelle
you are right my counter top is already a presence ummmm i going to stick with subway tile then and see since i plan to tile the whole walls
January 27, 2014 at 6:23pm   
need help with my kitchen tile and reno
Hello everyone , it's time for my kitchen renovation...
need help with my kitchen tile and reno
Need help with my Kitchen Reno
My husband has stripped the finish from our solid red...
Need help for my kitchen floor reno
Hey guys so basically the floor and the cabinets and...
"need help with my kitchen reno huge dilemma!!"
Okay so basically we are staining our floors very very...
Clearance for Cabinet/ across from freezer drawer when freezer is open
I am installing a 72" French door frig with lower freezer...
Where to put the tv in the family room?
Help with tv in the family room!! We're building a...
Transition from one hardwood to another
When we built our house, we installed Brazilian Cherry...
Need suggestions for updating china closet
Just painted dining room SW sand fossil, replaced light...