kitchen backsplash grout
donnajohnson926
I want to use Tec "gold " grout between my 3 x 9 white subway tile. The kitchen is painted flat white dove, with white with flat hi gloss modern cabinets and stainless horizontal cylinder handles. Appliances are stainless,The countertops are Vermont Darby honed marble, white with minimum gray color and outstanding gold veins. This a galley style kitchen with cabinets and counters running along both sides, ending in a peninsula. My goal is to accent the beautiful marble, especially the gold veins and decrease the whiteness of the backsplash tile. My question is: can one use the gold grout accent with a white and stainless kitchen? Tile will be along one wall between upper and lower cabinets and behind sink and between upper and lower cabinets on opposite wall.
soberg
Sounds unusual, and intriguing! This ought to work... Here is an example I set up for you, with marble tile and honey-colored grout. http://www.tileshop.com/grout/groutselector.aspx#/1007/2013
January 28, 2014 at 6:47AM   
dclostboy
IMO, it really depends on the amount of gold in the counter and the amount of light in the kitchen. I'm unfamiliar with the specific gold color you mention for grout, but I fear it could come away just looking dirty. Considered gray?
January 28, 2014 at 6:48AM   
donnajohnson926
Thank you. There is lots of light in the kitchen. My tile guy's first suggestion is light grey, however I feel its too repetitious, boring and too cool. We have touches of tan in a small tv/love seat area just off the kitchen. Of course, I started the kitchen in the summer, white stark and stainless was cooling, and now its Artic Vortex weather pleading for some warmth.
January 28, 2014 at 7:15AM   
mfwolfe
If the vortex is getting you down get some warm accessories.....I have been buying anything red that I see to try and warm up. But trust your tile guy. With tile unless there is a really compelling reason it is best to err on the side of conservative. The tv room is too far away to make the tile connection.
January 28, 2014 at 8:25AM   
ImaginEco Design
Choose your grout color to either accentuate the tile back splash and other room elements, or use a grout to match the tile to diminish the effect of the back splash. A matching white or a grey, a warm grey, will give you a timeless appearance that you won't regret later. Whatever color you choose, use epoxy grout that is stain proof...SpectraLock Pro by Laticrete is my favorite.
January 28, 2014 at 8:53AM   
I would diminish the pattern of the backsplash and choose a grout that is just a shade or two darker than the white, but moving into the tan range.
January 28, 2014 at 9:05AM   
felixgrantham
Just say NOOOO! I love yellow, but not for grout w/ white tile.
January 28, 2014 at 9:15AM   
donnajohnson926
Thank u everyone. Its not a yellow. I have considered some tan grout but they seem to muddy the effect. Perhaps not the right one yet. We live on the water ny and seashell hues r what I always gravitate back to. So the marble with subtle shades fit my bill now need to cal m the backsplash but pull the gold if possible. And not regret it.
January 28, 2014 at 9:55AM     
Wavy floors
I have spent a lot of money remodeling a house I recently...
Need help with paint colors for great room
The first two pics are the room as is. The faded denim...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Paint cupboards?
This is my moms kitchen and she's thinking of painting...
Most hideous gift you've received for your house?
Friends and family always have the best intentions,...