Need help with this bookcase and wall
henrik91
Any thoughts on how to make the space go better together. I want it to be a more unified focal point as it is kind of cluttered at the moment. Also some thoughts on how to "fill" the half-empty bookcase on top of the counter.

Thanks in advance
Warner Decor
Hi! As of right now, the focal point I am seeing is the orange print that is framed. The problem is it is not big enough to stand out. You need a set, or purchase one larger piece. I would also recommend removing the clock.
Here are a few suggestions: http://www.deciture.com/shop/decor/7/fallen-leaves-wall-art-set-3/
http://www.deciture.com/shop/decor/9/pumpkin-poppies-shirley-novak-set-2/
0 Likes   January 28, 2014 at 8:41AM
"Filling" bookcases is not the dilemma. Styling them is. Remove everything, sorting and discarding books that have been read and not touched in years. Then style with 1/3 books, 1/3 large decor items, 1/3 open space. Books can stand up, lie in stacks and be used to lift up decor items and to prop up things too. You'll want to layer the decor, not string it out like soldiers (see your top left shelf.) Group in threes, mix up the heights and if you have three like pieces of decor that you want together, vary the heights by lifting one or two pieces on some stacked books. If you can adjust the shelves, your visually "heavier" items do better on the bottom and lighter items at the top, or you get the "I might just tip over on you" idea going with the shelves. I would remove the mirror from the left wall and center the piece of art there. Maybe the mirror would serve well if mounted on a door (closet or entry.)
You can add interest to the shelves by putting color and/or texture on the backs of them. If you're keeping your bedspread, you might paint the room a pretty gray and then pop an accent color like orange or yellow in the back of the shelves. It doesn't have to be permanent. You can use luan or foam core cut to slip in and it can be painted or wrapped with fabric, or wallpapered. bookcases Steepleridge Living Room
0 Likes   January 28, 2014 at 8:47AM
Need help with a designing a bookcase wall
I have need for a wall of shelves to hold my books...
Barbara Adams
Need ideas and help for planning a bookcase wall
I would like to build a book case /storage wall that...
Victoria Pierce
need help with tv /bookcase/ storage wall
I have been having an arg... ahh, discussion with...
Kim
Need help with painting an old bookcase
i have an old pine bookcase and i would like to paint...
christy_micha
Need HELP: stain or paint knotty Adler bookcases?
The bookcases in my study are made of a knotty Adler...
justnancy
Kitchen remodel
How can I keep the open plan but not lose current storage/cabinets?...
terrigibbons
What should I do with this faux fireplace?
We moved into a brand new home and our decorator designed...
paradox44
My livingroom needs help! Bay windows opposite fireplace challence...
We bought a house with a big livingroom where we would...
krickelina
Need some opinions on custom copper cabinet handles
Hi all, I'm in the process of remodeling our kitchen...
ZZZZ
Help! Need more seating
Hello! Need more seating in our livingroom .. Stuck...
connie00