Bedroom decorations
sarajoy23
Need help decoration bedroom.
The walls are mindful gray (SW) which I like - and the comforter is West Elm Indigo

With such a small space I do not know what to do for curtains and with bed having to be in front of window it makes it hard.

Mule deer will be coming down :-)

Throw pillows color? Coral? Orange?

Up for any ideas.
Also what would you do for closet doors? Sliding or curtains?
mveasey
I would not be able to sleep with that deer hovering over me - good call taking it down! ;-)
I like your wall colour a lot. I would potentially do two pieces of soft drapes on a rod very high all around from the right hand side of your left window around to cover your closet, but leaving the bed window free.does that make sense?
If that is not an option, I would do bifold doors and paint them the same colour as your walls and do a roman shade/ fabric shade with a small box on top. That way, if you need blackout options, you will be able to incorporate that into the widow with the fabric backing.
Two observations: you could use some beautiful table lamps and a nicer ceiling light.
Personally I would advise to have a short headboard to give the bed some prominence and to give it a "protective feel" and not look as if one might fall out through the window.
You can make one yourself,or if you buy one could cover it with whatever fabric you like.
I agree the room could use some colour - I like your ideas with the coral or orange!
0 Likes   January 29, 2014 at 10:03PM
Jake Deutscher
Good on you for wanting to take the deer down, haha, keep the gray walls, but lighten it up with bright bedsheets and curtains, a vibrant orange or turquoise, or anything really, as long as its BOLD. good luck
0 Likes   January 29, 2014 at 10:17PM
Rina
A striking Roman blind on your window would double visually as a headboard. The left below is from Hunter Douglas Design Studio (found it on Houzz), the right is from saxon.co.uk. I'd love to see either there. Neutral drapes on the other window so that the blind is the star of the show. On your closet, sliding doors. Curtains would clutter the space up, I think.
0 Likes   January 29, 2014 at 11:09PM
studio10001
I agree re. the curtain clutter, and think roman shades or stick blinds a better choice all round, especially since you pass so close to the side window to reach that side of the bed. Your sliding closet door might double as artwork w the addition of a wallpaper mural (covering the entire wall containing it?).
If you paint the nightstands in grey, and add a pair of wall lights, you will appear to have a bit more space in the room.
On the crib wall we can't see, I wish for you a piece of wall art that you and baby may both enjoy.
0 Likes   January 29, 2014 at 11:45PM
studio10001
A few examples ( the first is done in wrapping papers)-
[houzz=Wallpapered Bedroom closet][houzz=Private Residence][houzz=Caribbean Mural.]
0 Likes   January 29, 2014 at 11:50PM
affordable wall decor and rug decor for bedroom
hi everyone. any ideas for wall decor above headboard?...
Bedroom Needs Design and Decoration
I am a college students and this is the first time...
How do I decorate this master bedroom?
This is the wall the king bed faces. We have been advised...
i need help with decorating my bedroom
- my colours are purple white black green and blue...
Need Help with a Bathroom Cabinet
Over my bathroom vanity I have a recessed cabinet with...
Bathroom Decor
Hello! We recently moved into a new home and I need...
chiseled granite kitchen countertops
Should the chiseled portion only be on the sides or...
My long narrow entry hall
My entry is 15'x4'. And one long side is completely...
I Jane no idea how to make this better? ????
Ok I'm new at this, I don't think I have any followers....