Window Treatments
Diane
I want to add window treatments to my living room, I need privacy and love beautiful fabrics, the door swings in and will be used daily, Need help in deciding what to do with the door and window. Thank you.
Warner Decor
Hi! You have a beautiful space! For the window to the right, I would recommend some fun, patterned curtains. Here are some ideas:
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/world-beat-yellow-curtain-panel/
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/modern-twist-geometric-curtain-panel/
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/9/gold-and-teal-aberdeen-curtain/

For the door, I would consider having roman shades installed.

Hope this helps!! To purchase any of the items above, click on the deciture link, then click on product info :)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 6:45PM
Addison Design
You have quite a challenge with that door. My thoughts are that you could do roman shades. Mount them high enough that when they are pulled all the way up, you will be able to open and close your door without hitting the shade. When the are down you'll have privacy and lots of pretty fabric to look at.

You just don't have room for a drapery panel on the door.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 7:21PM
Addison Design
Actually you don't have room for drapery panels on either unless you don't mind the fabric covering a lot of your glass. The wall space at the corners is too narrow for panels unless they are really skimpy - not a good look.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 7:23PM
Brandi Nash Hicks
Find a way ,you said you love fabric ...where there is a will there is a way ,something colorful
1 Like    Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 7:36PM
MarleneM
Shades like this could be made in your choice of fabric.

1 Like    Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 11:29PM
Destin4 Interiors LLC
Cassidd, what is your design style? You have really nice height to the ceiling-utilize that and there are plenty of options. True the door is a challenge but doable. Address the privacy issue separately with hard treatments. Do you need things completely blocked or can you leave the transom above the door exposed if so I'd inside mount on the window dropping it down to allow symmetry. For your love of fabric that's tricky since the pic you provided doesn't show your style...traditional; go with double swags, a jabot closer to the fireplace and a bishop sleeved panel possibly topped by a pelmet over Hunter Douglas/ Silhouettes. Custom not in the budget? go with triple sconces and scarf draped over cellular shades. Transitional more your style;hang panels towards the ceiling side swept to the corners-pull backs high over wood blinds.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 12:37AM
Diane
Thank you Destin4Design, I love your drawings, you gave me a lot to think about, I am more transitional and have thought about silhouettes with some type of top treatment, I appreciate everyone's advise.
    Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 2:36AM
Need Help with window treatments for the window wall.
Hi, We just moved into our new house. Have a huge...
sg751
Low Ceilings, Funky Window Locations, What to do with Paint and Window Treatments?!
I have a unusual master bedroom, with low sloped ceilings....
denverdoc
Need Help with Window Treatment Ideas for big windows that are different heights
Hi- Hoping there are some creative designers out there...
nemetin
Window treatments for odd windows
Looking for window treatment ideas for my windows ....
Lisa
To follow a trend in kitchen design...or not?
We are planning a kitchen upgrade. Most matters are...
lizmattphilly
Need help designing my kitchen bar
im having trouble trying to figure out how I could...
Rhonda Thomas
Help me salvage this budget bedroom update!
So. Our master bedroom. After two year here, we finally...
Laura
Need advice for entryway
What thoughts do you have on the area infront of the...
ginamuto
Something is off with this kitchen renovation... HELP!?
So we gutted our kitchen about a year and a half ago...
jennamsw