Decorative Accents
February 4, 2012 in Photo Questions
The vanity is beautiful, is it custom?
Barbara Stock Interior Design
Hello, no it was purchased, but was the only one in the store. Also, it had a dark stained finish, and my cabinet finisher achieved the beautiful cream paint with antique glaze finish. Some tile stores offer pre- fabricated vanities similar to this. You could also buy an antique buffet and convert it to a vanity.
February 4, 2012 at 9:44am   
jessiekaz
Love this vanity and I am so glad I finally found it! I would have likely passed on it had I not seen it with the paint/ glaze. It is made by Legion Furniture Model #p5408- Try a Google Product Search.
April 30, 2012 at 11:27pm     
Barbara Stock Interior Design
Thanks for the info!
December 11, 2012 at 11:40am   
debt2309
Love the color. About to refinish grandmothers french sideboard and paint the island we are building for kitchen remodel. Could you share specific colors your cabinet finisher used? I've been searching and too many are "scruffy, shabby chic" which might be great else where but not what I'm looking for in our kitchen remodel. Thank you in advance!
January 10, 2013 at 9:06am   
Barbara Stock Interior Design
Hi-so sorry I didn't see your question until now. You've probably painted already! My finisher custom mixes everything, so no help there. Ralph Lauren has a great line of antiquing stains you could use for the top-coat- I often use "Tea Stain" when faux finishing walls and furniture-it will give you that antiqued, grayed down look by just brushing or wiping it on and wiping off with a lint-free rag. It's hard to recommend the base dolor, as you really have to try them in the room, on the piece to get the right one. You could do a sample board first with several base colors, then try the stain over them-it does change the base color, so you just need trial and error to find the right one. Hope this helps! http://www.ralphlaurenhome.com/products/paint/Techniques/Aging.aspx
February 9, 2013 at 12:39am     
Please help me decorate
This old kitchen. Any advice? We are renting so I cannot...
If this was your house what would you do the exterior
Any suggestions on how to get a little curb appeal
Need help with backsplash
I have golden sand granite in my kitchen. Can some...
Fireplace builtin
Can I put builtins around my fireplace and in between...
What does luxury mean to you?
The beauty of Houzz is that you can get inspiration...