Need help with our master bedroom.
greenvelvettree
We've lived here for 8 years now. Time for a re-do and I want to replace with lighter curtains. For the walls I'm thinking either medium gray or a blue gray. For the curtains, either white, cream, yellow and white stripe or even pink which seems to be trending. The headboard is new. Bought it on Etsy. Wanted gray. Wound up with red! Love it but need to work around it. Please help.
Next step is to find bedding you love that works with the red headboard. You might keep it simple and white, then use a darker charcoal paint. Post pix of that combo here for instant input. Comment and use the Attach Images button to add pix.
January 30, 2014 at 7:46pm     
greenvelvettree
Thank you for your interest! It is a huge task to choose paint and curtains, etc. by myself! Phew! I am worn out taking in all these beautiful images on Houzz. Analysis paralysis!

I was planning on charcoal since I could not get the gray headboard I wanted.

Also bought white pintucked duvet from West Elm (with accompanying botanical down alternative duvet filler which was way too hot to keep for looks' sake). LOL. I wanted it to work out! I still think I could use it for summer by itself. Do you think that looks okay? Maybe I will try the down comforter in it.

My husband is rather attached to the blue coverlet. It is a nice one from Pottery Barn we've been using for winterime.

Actually yesterday bought a Chiang Mai pillow thinking I could choose room color from that and use it for inspiration for other pillows. Maybe that would make the blue picture fit in better?

Took some pictures in the daylight to give you a better idea.
January 31, 2014 at 7:16am     
greenvelvettree
The bathroom we just renovated this past summer. It is north facing so chose a saturated yellow, Afterglow by sherwin williams.
January 31, 2014 at 7:25am   
greenvelvettree
Sorry, that was supposed to be blue coverlet, not blue picture!
January 31, 2014 at 7:27am   
TanCalGal
Usually best to choose curtains the same color as wall paint.
January 31, 2014 at 10:04pm      Thanked by greenvelvettree
Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
Luv your new bedding. What about 1 or 2 white & red pillows to pull the headboard & bedding together.

I disagree with comment that curtains & wall paint should be same colour.

What about finding a lovely print curtain with red & yellow & beige in it for curtains. Would add pazazz & colour to your room.

Not sure what blue picture you are referring to???

Can always fold blue cover at foot of bed to please your husband and add more colour to room. Or fold it & place on beige chair for colour & add coloured cushion.
February 1, 2014 at 6:56am      Thanked by greenvelvettree
foatboys
Great size room! Curtain colour could be tone on tone with your walls (a couple shades lighter or darker than your wall colour). It will open up the space. If you would like dark grey walls and don't want the whole room to appear dark, think about just painting the wall behind the bed in the grey colour you want, it will bring out the richness of your red headboard. The other three walls can be a light colour close to white with a warmness added the shade of your accent chair (can't tell if it's peach or pink).

I've tried to attach photos with an example. You may also think of adding a mixed colour area rug to pull your colour scheme together.
February 1, 2014 at 7:37am      Thanked by greenvelvettree
greenvelvettree
Thank you everyone! (picture was just a little typo).

I guess the winter blahs set in with less sunshine and we have been busy in other rooms. Sharon Charboneau I loved the idea of simply folding the blue blanket at the foot of the bed. Brilliant! Why couldn't I think of that?

I have been thinking about some color-block striped curtains on Etsy. You can do custom. I thought yellow and white but I'm open to suggestions. I thought it would make the most of the light that comes in.

Foatboys I might just paint charcoal on all four walls because it would set off the yellow in the bathroom and that wall is boring. Maybe a mirror that is white would perk it up. That chair in the corner is camel. I sure would love a rug in there but it is impossible with pets (two cats and a dog). But I don't mind small rugs on either side of the bed as alternative to bare floors.

Thanks again!
February 2, 2014 at 6:01am   
need help for our master bedroom
Need help decorating our master bedroom.recently bought...
need help with decorating our master bedroom
The master bedroom is located in the loft area so there's...
Need help on our master bedroom shower
We have an early '90's transitional home in Atlanta...
Need help for our Master Bedroom
The hardwood in this photo is Aged Maple Black Jelly...
Need help with our master bedroom
Here are some pictures. We use dark wood (espresso)...
Hardwoods or tile in new kitchen???
I'm building a new home and installing hardwoods throughout....
need help with choosing a colour to paint wardrobe in master bedroom
I have mirrored bedside tables and a mirored dressing...
paint advice pls!
I'm renovating a large house and want to use shades...
Kitchen backsplash
We are building a beach house and going with a tile...