Tile or hardwood
Heather Salamone
Tile or hardwood in this kitchen we make settlement on our house and doing so e renovations before moving in. We are also doing granite counters but have not decided on colors. Any suggestions appreciated
Peter B. Rice & Co
If you are keeping the cabinets and adding a dark granite countertop then hardwood would be fine. I wouldn't chose a hardwood that is the same species or stain as the cabinets. Either way you go get a sample of the flooring material and put it on the floor. Take a look at it at various times of the day to see how it looks in different light conditions.
January 31, 2014 at 5:44am     
Patricia Colwell
Mannington makes this flooring called Adura, I put it in a clients home and it is so much nicer on the feet than tile. You can get it in tile look(don't think it is like some crappy tile look) and it looks awesome when installed. I am not a huge lover of wood floor and wood cabinets unless you are running same flooring through house.
January 31, 2014 at 6:09am   
joey930
I would suggest you look at quartz it's so beautiful. If you're keeping cab color I would go with tile. Otherwise have cabinets painted or stained then I would do hardwood on the floor. Unfortunately the color of your cabinets don't leave tons of options it would look too woodsy and a bit outdated to add wood floors with the cabinets as they are.
January 31, 2014 at 6:14am   
Christalyn
Is this floor going to but up to another type if flooring or do you plan to run it throughout?
January 31, 2014 at 6:26am   
Heather Salamone
If we do hardwood it would be the same as the other areas that is why we are thinking of breaking it up with tile but I still like the hardwood since tile is so hard on your legs and feet
January 31, 2014 at 7:29am   
What Can I Do With A Study For A Bedroom?
Do to people step family moving in and what not, I've...
White painted kitchen needs a redo, help!
I need to know what the best paint type and finish...
Color choice for trim
I am painting my living room trim white. (It is now...
Kitchen remodel - do I need two ovens?
I am in the process of designing my kitchen remodel....
How to modernize?
This might be impossible! I've finished redecorating/redoing...