Help with new house living/dining room
Helene Croussette
I'm a first time home owner (new construction) and I feel a bit overwhelmed by all that it implies.

I'm including a pic of our living/dining room floor plan. The wall separating the 2 is a half wall. (And there is no fireplace.) I plan to paint the main wall (the one on the left) some light happy green, a bit like this Benjamin Moore's tasty apple: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/tastyapple and our floor is a very dark almost black brown. For my living room, I was planning to have a very serene look with sand/crème colored furniture. I already have some Ikea wood furniture (tv stand, side table, expedit case), all in the birch color. So, here are my questions:

1. Can I use a dark colored dining room table with that, or is going to clash? It looks like dark colored tables are much more easier to find and I have already found one that I love (almost the same color as the floor). Should I buy it and still keep my Ikea furniture in the living room? Or buy it and then get dark colored furniture in the living room to match? Or just keep looking for a table that matches what I already have?

2. I fell in love with the style of this sofa: http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/LargeProductImage.aspx?PageId=Showroom&SetDomTab=1&ItemNo=1070038
but unfortunately, not with the color. Any suggestions for a sofa with a similar style that is more of a creme/sand color?

3. What neutral color should I paint the other walls that would go well with this green and that would carry over well to the rest of the house (hallways and extra bedrooms)?

Thanks for your help and hopefully this was understandable.
I would change the 1/2 wall to a full wall and have it wired to wall mount the TV, placing a credenza under it. Corner placement eats a lot of your space, where a credenza (not a TV stand) offers additional storage. Your DR looks on the small side and you need 36-42" between table and walls, so measure well before falling in love with a table. Be aware that Ashley often oversizes furniture and when you get it home it is too big. Ben Moore should be able to show you colors that compliment your green. Check with them. Personally, I would paint the TV wall green since that will be your focal wall. I don't care for accent walls that are pierced with doors and windows. You could also take the green to the solid wall in your breakfast nook and pick it up in the kitchen with cannisters, towels, etc. I have no idea about the sofa - budget would have to be considered.
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 8:24AM
Need help with layout of new living-dining room area
Hello, I am new to the forum and I had so much fun...
Help with new colors/paint questions for living/dining room
Help! I am finally repainting my living/dining area...
New living/dining rooms (to me). Need lots of ideas for furnishings!
Question 1- do I have to use pillows (not the ones...
color ideas for front door?
White house, dove gray shutters, estate gray roof....
i need help with the kitchen backsplash & coordinating fireplace tile.
I need to replace the kitchen backsplash and nearby...
Can't decide on a backsplash with a busy granite
I have a busy granite ( Mokoro ) ( geriba ) Is a busy...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Any help for my room? Thanks!!!
Hi, I'm hannah, I am going to be a junior this year...