What to hang above headboard? Large wall needs a pop!!
mshuey09
I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with the headboard wall in my master bedroom. It's a large room so we bought a large charcoal gray tufted bed. I'm reusing mirrored side tables, but I'm stuck as what to do above the bed. There's so much wall space I need to add something. Starburst mirror, art, photos? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! The walls are a light gray even though they look taupe in the picture and the bedding is a pale aqua with charcoal piping. Beaded chandelier has a light gray and bone colored beads with natural hemp. The other photo is of my window valances that are a pale aqua Moroccan print.
Also any suggestions for lamps, décor, art, etch would be SO helpful as we just moved into this new house and have a baby coming in a few months so I'm trying to get a lot done before he arrives :)
THANKS in advance!
January 31, 2014 at 2:04PM        Thanked by mshuey09
mshuey09
Thank you JudyG! Do you think I need to add more color or leave it more neutral?
January 31, 2014 at 2:19PM   
adivra
What you need are lamps/decor on the nightstands. Don't struggle with hanging something above the headboard, you'll know the perfect thing when you see it. Besides, if there's an earthquake...
January 31, 2014 at 2:44PM   
Coates Design Architects Seattle
I would suggest a subtle addition of color over the headboard or bold pattern
January 31, 2014 at 2:55PM     
mshuey09
Any suggestions for decor/lamps that go well with mirrored side tables? Luckily we are in PA so no earthquakes here!
January 31, 2014 at 2:56PM   
Keitha
These are nice!

January 31, 2014 at 3:03PM     
Patricia Colwell
Love the lamps from Keitha how about some nice black and white photos above bed.
January 31, 2014 at 3:55PM   
With a few added touches, I like your room just as is...
January 31, 2014 at 3:56PM   
Keitha, love those lamps. Where did you find them?

Finally a warmer day and the snow is melting. It will be gone by Spring.
January 31, 2014 at 3:57PM     
mandyalvarez
I see there is no crown molding - maybe too hard because of shape of wall near door (?) But that is one thing that would add some interest. Agree with the comments on the lamps - they will definately add some visual interest - I have even seen them hung over side table from the ceiling vs. lamps on the tables themselves. Also, you could try a brick veneer on that wall only - would look like an exposed brick wall which would really warm up the room and give it some addl interest.
January 31, 2014 at 4:05PM   
kimedge
Hi, I would add bedside lamps, a painting above the bed which is the same width as the bed, and also something at the bottom of the bed. Also choose another colour to add to your neutral shades. Something like this, maybe but with a **much** wider painting?

January 31, 2014 at 4:30PM   
Keitha
Hey there Judyg...sorry but I've had these lamps in one of my ideabooks for a while and I'm not sure where they are from :-(. Glad to hear that you guys are thawing out a little. An e-mail is heading your way.
January 31, 2014 at 5:35PM     
Whispar Design
A few more suggestions for lamps:
HGTV Home - Grey Blown Glass Table Lamp HGTV Home - Hammered Chrome Table Lamp

Another alternative is to hang mini pendants or "pendaliers" above the nightstands. Although this would require the expense of wiring junction boxes - it does create a neat look and frees up the nightstand surface.
January 31, 2014 at 6:18PM   
DeNovo Art Consulting
This is a dramatic over the bed piece of art I placed. It maybe a bit contemporary for you, but it definitely has the pop you are after! Contact me if you'd like more information on this artist.
June 30, 2014 at 12:12PM   
Furnished Up Fine Furniture and Home Decor
Beautiful bedroom and that painting JudyG suggested looks divine. As for lamps we have various kinds at furnishedup.com
July 7, 2014 at 10:42AM   
Shakúff
You have a beautiful room! I think some art (not mirrors, especially since your tables are mirrored) would be great in filling that space, like kimedge suggested. Maybe play up that pale aqua with some shades of blue or turquoise? Definitely get some color in lampshades for those lovely tables!
July 7, 2014 at 12:26PM   
suellensilver
Love everything you have so far! May I suggest wallpaper for the headboard wall? There is some fabulous paper out there.
July 7, 2014 at 12:38PM   
DEAD THREAD - poster last replied 1/31/14
July 7, 2014 at 12:45PM   
Need help with space over fridge
15 inch gap between wine rack and refrigerator. Any...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Help with family room
After two years of indecisiveness about what to put...
Kitchen design
Need help decorating my kitchen. This open space leads...
privacy options
My neighbor uptown has built a parlor floor backyard...