Need ideas for DIY Reno for Small Bathroom
warnerl42
January 31, 2014 in Design Dilemma
This is the only bathroom in our house and it desperately needs help! We do not have a huge budget to completely rip everything out. We are thinking of painting all the trim/ doors in the house white... so we are thinking of doing that in the bathroom. We were thinking of painting the vanity white as well as the cabinets on the other wall and updating the hardware. Thoughts? With so much white, what color walls would you suggest? We are budgeting for a new countertop, sink and faucet as those are very outdated. I am a big fan of vessel sinks, do you think it would work in this room? We also are leaving the floors, were thinking about cleaning the grout, making white also for a cleaner look.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
warnerl42
Floor
January 31, 2014 at 8:58pm   
PRO
Marie McInnes Incorporated
How about a black, white and khaki scheme? Very current and will be more of a statement than all white. Paint the vanity a semi-gloss black, get a black & white (maybe vertical striped) shower curtain and paint the walls a khaki. Paint all the trim and wall cabinets a nice creamy white. You could keep your bamboo window shade and get a seagrass or jute runner for the floor to add texture. Towels and accessories could be black and white. You don't show the lighting but that can be an inexpensive fix...use something with a warm beige lamp shade to warm up the space. You can choose any accent color to work with this scheme if you want a color pop...
January 31, 2014 at 9:29pm     
warnerl42
Attached is the current light fixture.
January 31, 2014 at 9:36pm   
warnerl42
What color would you paint the built in cabinets that are on the opposite side of the vanity with that theme? The other issue with black is the inside of the shower. The previous owners put in a brown tile. I will take a picture.
January 31, 2014 at 9:38pm   
PRO
Marie McInnes Incorporated
Creamy white. If you have brown tile it may have to be a chocolate, white and khaki scheme. Maybe you should spend the money to replace the brown tile with white subway tile, very inexpensive, and your shower will be much more light and pleasant.
January 31, 2014 at 9:47pm