Finally I was able to set my furniture. What color or kind of curtains
ladypam
Help with curtain color and kind of curtains?
karen paul interiors
You have what I refer to as Salon (Louis XV or XVI) furnishings. In this case with a cabriole leg, you have Louis XV. This would require a more dramatic treatment if you want to keep the room in that context? Swags, jabots, side panels, etc. would be more in keeping with your style. I think we need to hear from you to better understand your style and your thoughts about the furnishings in the room...and how you perceive them.
2 Likes   February 1, 2014 at 7:33PM
houssaon
I can see black and white pattern drapery in your room. I'd move one or two of the chairs to the rug for a conversation grouping. If you are in the mood for painting, I'd do a light blue gray on the walls.
2 Likes   February 1, 2014 at 7:38PM
jazzyjazz123
i would either go for white or creamy color
0 Likes   February 1, 2014 at 7:44PM
ladypam
The room isn't has big as it appears in the picture. I have a coffee table for in front of the couch. I actually like the color of my walls (mood is everything to me). I would like dramatic curtains. I like antique and contemporary mix.
0 Likes   February 1, 2014 at 8:29PM
karemore55
Ladypam, You have a fun look going on there! You could go a little boho with it. Below are so e curtains from Anthropologie. Lots more on their site.

Btw, I also like your wall color - very warm and happy!
3 Likes   February 1, 2014 at 9:01PM
Priscilla Christine
I can also see a black & white. Maybe all white with two black horizontal stripes at the bottom w/ white walls to brighten up the space. Look on onekingslane.com they have great stuff.
1 Like   February 1, 2014 at 9:07PM
I see velvet panels;)

0 Likes   February 1, 2014 at 9:09PM
jazzyjazz123
i would think if you were to do crazy i would do like blackand whit crazy
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 9:45AM
Warner Decor
Hi! What a nice area! I think I would go with something that ties in your gray tones and yellow tones as well.
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/9/emma-floral-curtain/
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 9:59AM
dclostboy
Ladypam...you did well with the furniture purchase and placement...can't wait to see final product.
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 10:03AM
Robert Puleo Design
Since your room has relatively low ceilings I wouldn't recommend a valance which would make the ceiling appear lower than it is. The intent should be to draw the eye upward.

I would recommend first starting with a neutral, light woven shear drape across the entire window to filter the sunlight and give you privacy. Over that I would add a statement rod in a dark metal or wood that is fluted and has a more ornate end finial. I would choose printed drapes that echo the colors of the carpet and keep them in a tie back position.

Your living room has some of the Hollywood glamour, or Hollywood Regency appeal that is highlighted in many hip hotels these days. You might want to try checking out hotel images to give you further inspiration
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 10:41AM
ladypam
Thank you so much. I appreciate all of the suggestions I'm considering each of them carefully. I will post my final choice. I hope I make the right decision.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 9:48PM
jazzyjazz123
did you find out a curtain color?
0 Likes   March 3, 2014 at 6:40PM
ladypam
No I didn't ugggghhh aggravated.
0 Likes   March 4, 2014 at 10:14AM
dclostboy
What about a silver silk dupioni? It would look dramatic, shiny and provide some additional bling. The trick will be to understand how the choice works with your wall color.
1 Like   March 4, 2014 at 10:41AM
How would you decorate your house...
if you had two autistic boys and one of them relied...
happycl8
mommag109
I need help with making my ideas cohesive
I love several types of styles, rustic, mid-century...
April DuBose
Need help for Kitchen - what should I do?
What should be done in my kitchen to get cosy athmosphere....
Rok
Need a tie-breaker on this bathroom vanity
Any opinions? (excuse the horrible quick Photoshop...
R K