Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giaksch

Experience w Blanco Silgranit sinks?

giaksch
10 years ago
Considering ordering one, probably in white. Do you have one or have you used or considered one? Feedback please!?

Thank you!!!

Comments (23)

• zmhome
    10 years ago
    We had one in our previous home. It was gorgeous until the housekeeper scrubbed it with Ajax and a scouring pad!!!! It was ruined and had to be replaced. I'm not sure how white would hold up. Ours was black.
  • PRO
    cg interiors group
    10 years ago
    Blanco sinks are generally high quality, and they have come out with some innovative materials, which are always fun when you upgrade. I'd say its a good choice as long as cleaning instructions are followed.
  • giaksch
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh no - Ajax!! I will check the cleaning instructions carefully.

However, is it worth going this way or is Stainless or a more classic white sink a better option?
  • Lisa
    10 years ago
    I have one in cinder and LOVE it!! I have found, as I was told by many people, that it is virtually indestructible. I have used many different products to clean it and never had a problem. However, I have never used the Ajax. I'm wondering what it did to the sink, or was the scouring pad the problem? I use a scrub brush all the time.
  • zmhome
    10 years ago
    It might have been the pad she used, I wasn't home at the time, so I just went off what she said. We replaced it with the same sink because we loved it so much! They are unique and look great! Better than stainless I think.
  • giaksch
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks zmhome!
  • PRO
    TJG Design Studio
    10 years ago
    I had a black siligranit sink for six years until we moved. They are great and are antibacterial. Held up super well. I did however get a small white ring just before selling :( Not sure if it was from heat or a cleaner. But would still recommend. TJG Design Studio
  • PRO
    Transitional Designs, LLC
    9 years ago
    I have used a few Blanco style sinks in remodels and all of my clients still love them. One I installed in 2009 and they are still very happy with it. I love this new style and I am actually thinking of using it in my own home remodel. :O)
  • flyr4fun
    9 years ago
    I installed the off-white color in my home about 3 years ago. The light color is higher maintenance I'm sure. If you drip something like tea and don't wipe it up right away, it will discolor the surface until you polish it again. I do have an accidental chip where i dropped a knife. It cleans up really well with Barkeeper's Friend cleaner and then I polish it with either granite/stone polish or Gel-Gloss, both work great. My mom has the black color and really loves it.
  • sruggi
    9 years ago
    I have the sink pictured above and love it! I live in an extremely hard water area so I wipe it dry after use. It looks as new as the day it was installed.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 years ago
    Sounds like to much maintenance?
  • PRO
    Valley Floors
    9 years ago
    I have a light tan colored one...and really don't care for it. It was in the house when I moved in so I don't know how it was maintained previously. I feel like I can't keep it looking clean, and can't wait to switch to a stainless.
  • D
    7 years ago

I had the same experience as atespy22 with model 441310 also in white. Haven't decided what to do yet.

• Linda Yarrington
    7 years ago

DON'T DO IT. They have such a reputation for durability, but they are not. While washing dishes, heard a "POP" and realized my sink had cracked in the corner causing about a 4" inch crack all the way through. Already regretted getting one in the black/charcoal color. Impossible to keep clean, even using their (Blanco) product. Never looks clean. Stick with stainless steel. You can't go wrong.

• disfromage
    7 years ago

We have a 6 month old Blanco Anthracite sink and find it very easy to keep clean, even with our hard well water. We love its looks and are very happy with it.

• me1977
    7 years ago
    We have it in white and love it. Cleans well with a scrubber and dish soap.
  • Chrissy B
    6 years ago

We are doing white cabinets with oiled bronze hardware, gray concrete cabintes, and oil rubbed bronze faucet, and stainless appliances. I cannot decide between a white silgranite sink or a stainless sink. I'm leaning toward a 60/40 split. Thanks for any input!

• km kane
    6 years ago
    I regret my decision to get one. It chipped the very first time we used it, then developed huge crack! Also, we used Bar Keepers Friend often and it coats the inside of the sink, making it streaky. I have to wash with soap and really scrub it out with a plastic brush.

Although Blanco gave us a replacement sink, we will have to cover the installation (of course). But we are so frightened that it will crack again that my husband, who builds airplanes, is going to coat the underside in Fiberglas and epoxy.

I predict Blanco will stop making these sinks. Too many issues
  • gricci
    3 years ago

My white silgranit is dingy and stained with red liquid from a broken toy. We have tried everything. Blanco offered to replace it but we did not want to risk damaging our countertops by removing the sink. Has anyone had a similar problem and solution?

• gigi121
    3 years ago

We have the grey sink and absolutely love it. Looks great! Our son has black and water spotting is a problem.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

gricci:

The tops aren't pulled or damaged when changing a sink. I've done it hundreds of times.

You smash the sink out with a hammer. Make sure the sink was siliconed, not epoxied, in place please by driving a stiff scraper between the sink and the stone. Start in a rear corner and work your way around. Pop the cabinet front if you have to. Strap, don't clip, the sink in place.

• Elisa Stringert
    3 years ago

I LOVE my taupe Blanco siligranit sink. Ordered in US had it shipped to Panamá I wanted it so bad! I clean with dish soap and brush, don't but scalding hot pans in it. It looks like the day I bought it. I year old.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living