Need help with picking out accent tables and sticking with a theme
Courtney Petchel
Originally, I wanted to do a silver, blue and pearl color palette. My curtains are sheer shimmery ivory with light blue flowers. I've been thinking about chrome or silver accent tables, but I do see some people doing wrought iron and glass furniture in a similar room. My husband wants to put a massive black tv in this room, too, which I feel will ruin the peaceful, airy vibe I'm trying to create. I would like maybe one piece of mirrored furniture, but I don't want the room to look cold and uninviting either. Cool and cozy is what i'm hoping for. I have this cheap, black lamp that is somehow proving to me that I don't want any black furniture. Please help, but be kind. This is my first house!
Warner Decor
Hi there! I found these great tables that I think would work for your area, and won't make your place seem cold :)
http://deciture.com/shop/furniture/9/mirrored-accent-table/
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 6:53AM
Patricia Colwell
I am not a lover of mirrored tables in most LRs, My first thing i would do is add a really great shag carpet in silver and white, then a bent glass coffee table with no metal or iron. As for the T.V there are panels you can get that slide to the sides when watching T.V and slide together to hide it at other times. These look like pieces of art . I have my LR done in black and white and I am thinking of painting the wall you see in this pic a shade of purple. No one who comes to our house finds it cold so don't worry about that, it's the people who make a space inviting and warm.
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 7:05AM
Mark
I think silver based lamps would be a good choice. I think bringing in a bit more of that blue into your room would look lovely. Try adding that blue wall color to your room by throw pillows and even an accent chair if you have room. If you are thinking about an accent color a soft yellow would work. Maybe even an area rug with some soft yellow ? Just a suggestion though, I don't want to take you out of your comfort zone :)
3 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 7:28AM
chickypop
Have you considered a softer, warmer blue tone for the walls? I feel like the current color is too stark and bright for a cool cozy room. I think that's what is turning me off from the idea of mirrored furniture, and might be what your knee jerk reaction is to the black lamp and tv. I would definitely add the rug that the other poster suggested too to soften the space.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 7:30AM
acroteria
Courtney, that's a really nice blue. Do you have the brand & name so I could check the shade from a colour chip?
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 7:37AM
emmauk
I agree that the blue on the accent wall doesn't seem to tie in with the look you were after. Would a wallpaper with blue, cream and pearlescent links work? Maybe this
2 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 9:26AM
Courtney Petchel
I think maybe my cool, blue and silver room idea doesn't really work in my house after all. i really like color and after years of living in white apartments, I went a bit crazy and wasn't even sure how I would make it work. I like the idea of adding yellows, but would prefer adding greens with yellow undertones. In that case, I know I would need different curtains and maybe natural colored woods for the furniture? If I do this instead, making the whole room more colorful and balanced, would I need to get rid of the accent wall? I'm okay with making the whole room light blue or changing the accent wall altogether, but I'm not okay with repainting everything at this point. I see a lot of blues with bright yellows like this http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/schemes/color-combos-using-blue/#page=12 but Its a bit shocking for me. Can anyone think of a shade of green that would warm up the space? Or I could mix greens and yellows... I would even like pairing lavender and green like this http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/schemes/color-combos-using-blue/#page=2 but then I would have to get rid of the blue accent wall.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 11:43AM
Need help picking out accent colors??
We just finished renovating our back TV/Fireplace room....
rpcorbs
Need help picking out accent colors??
rpcorbs
Need help picking out an accent color for Master Closet
Master closet (upper and lower level) painted in SW...
kimeli7
Need help picking out a table
Any suggestions on an entry table to replace this?
ccheong
Need help picking out new light fixture for over the dining table
I am looking for a brushed nickel fixture to replace...
jaxi123
Dining room paint
My house is pretty open and we are in the mist of painting....
Brandy Zak
need elevated Netscape front porch ideas
Ugly brick house with terrible entrance
Craig Morris Contracting
Need help with en-suite for master bedroom!! Please
Right now, it a narrow walk-in path through the en-suite...
paawani
Our new Master bedroom...help!
So, we just moved into this space a couple of days...
combine
Our standing shower
Please give your feedback! When we lay this design...
sushigirl06