What colors go in my living room with dark green over sized furniture?
bfordmizz
I have a small living room with white walls, 2 large windows 8' x 4', hardwood floor. What colors can I use with the dark green furniture? My house is more like a cottage, the living room and kitchen are one room. What window treatment would look good?
giniaginia
white and green is a pretty combination
February 2, 2014 at 4:28PM     
A picture is worth as 1,000 words of advice here at Houzz. Comment here and use the Attach Images button to add pix of your space for the most input from Houzzers.
February 2, 2014 at 4:33PM   
bfordmizz
I have attached pictures of my living room - kitchen combination. It is a small house, these 2 rooms are combined. I have white walls, honey oak floors, trim and cabinets. The one chair is blue/green and new furniture is not an option. The drapes are gold but looking to change that to?? I was thinking of going shorter on the curtain length too. I have never carefully laid out a design for a room and I am so lost on what would look good here. Please suggest some ideas, thank you!
February 5, 2014 at 7:58AM   
Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
Here are a couple of pictures with green couches and how they used it as a base for their color scheme to create a cozy, kind of farmhouse/rustic look. It looks like maybe you could do a different furniture arrangement too. Do you have a floor plan with the living room dimensions?
Fireplace Comfort
Della Brook Model Home
February 5, 2014 at 9:50AM        Thanked by bfordmizz
dclostboy
Paint walls a happy gray color like BM mineral ice and tie together with a green / gray area rug.
February 5, 2014 at 10:34AM        Thanked by bfordmizz
bfordmizz
I created a floor plan in floorplanner.com but it doesn't show the dimensions in the image file. But the living room area is 16'9" x 13'2" and the kitchen is 12'7" x 10'4" as best as I coul measure it. Thank you!
February 5, 2014 at 2:13PM   
Linda Paul
With dark green , you can use a silver grey, or super pale celery green. You can see how well the 2 colors go together in my paintings
February 5, 2014 at 2:26PM        Thanked by bfordmizz
bfordmizz
Yes, they are beautiful, you are a very talented artist, thank you so much! I am so happy to find this site. I have hope that I can finally decorate my house attractively.
February 5, 2014 at 2:53PM   
Linda Paul
thank you for your kinds words!
Lots a fabu art and tiles at www.lindapaul.com
February 5, 2014 at 2:55PM   
The colors suggested above will work for you. As for arranging, I would float the sofa facing the window, perpendicular to the hallway. Put the coffee table 18" from it and move the two chairs to face each other over the coffee table, with your favorite TV chair on the side opposite the TV. If you can move the TV to the display cabinet corner, you can put the sofa under the window that shares the same wall as the kitchen door. Then the two chairs can sit side by side facing the other window. Unify all the windows in this open space with a fabric cornice above, and roman shades below. Replace the curtains on the kitchen door with the same roman shade and put the same cornice on the window above the sink (ideas below.) When you can, add an area rug at least 12" wider than your sofa to put under the seating group. Move all the photos to the hall and bedrooms, replacing them with art in the living room. Hang art with centers 5' above the floor or 5" above a piece of furniture. Diamond Avenue Family Room
February 7, 2014 at 6:18AM        Thanked by bfordmizz
Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
Here's one idea for your furniture layout. I think it all needs to be pulled closer together. Then, I would get either curtains or a rug that has both green and blue in it to tie the furniture pieces together and create a color scheme. This curtain from Pier One has the green and blue, but also several other colors you can pull out for accessories such as pillows, artwork, etc... Paint the walls the background color of the curtains. It's a really easy way to know which colors work together.
ideas
Soprano Curtain - 96" .95
February 7, 2014 at 10:20AM        Thanked by bfordmizz
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
removing paint from window panes!
I've never had a problem removing dried paint from...
Need help to minimize off center horizontal window
This window is in a dining room turned into multipurpose...
Are my vanity mirrors too big?
Hi everyone, We are having a 79" vanity made for our...
Lets start working on the guest room
While I wait on items to arrive for the other rooms,...