Help with dividing doors
ewitty
I want to put up doors to separate the formal dining room from the casual breakfast room. I want to let in the light from the breakfast room into the dining room so I was thinking opaque glass doors. I also want to be able to totally open the doors in the event that I want more space for entertaining. The frame of the doorway is 10 feet, so I was thinking about 4 30" doors that open in the center and each side folds back on itself. I don't know about the opaque glass doors--are they a good idea, should they be plain frosted or etched glass? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
danielleluongo
How about 2 French doors in center and a 24" stationary glass panel on each side with the same window pane glass? I would stick to clear glass much more elegant.
February 2, 2014 at 6:40pm   
ewitty
Because I want the flexibility to open the doors and extend the dining room for entertaining, I don't think the stationery doors will work for me. I also like the clear glass, but if someone's hanging out in the breakfast room, I don't want them visible from the formal dining roo.
February 2, 2014 at 7:09pm   
Cabin in the woods/Curb appeal?
Our home is in the woods and surrounded by trees, We...
Need help with roof and shutter colors
Hi, Our house's color scheme is definitely NOT my...
kitchen backsplash - votes for color and size
Which is the best option for my kitchen backsplash?...
Granite and backsplash
I'm redoing the kitchen in my newly purchased summer...
What do you think of this artwork?
I've posted this room before, but didn't want to use...