Entry rug
Jenny Granato Sessions
Size? Is this rug too big for this space?
3lindakj
The rug is not the problem. The tableis not strong enough to make the entry statement. The decorative items are way to symmetrical, and matchy matchy. That little statue below should be greenery and much larger. How about drop those leaves on table and offset it with an interesting chair. Get that mirror up about 6 inches. The rug is lovely and a winner there.
5 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 6:41PM
Stacey at Dohiy.com
Rug's good! Maybe take a color out of it for the walls.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 6:55PM
rickster88
I agree. Everything is too matchy matchy. If this is the entry way do you put on your shoes here? I don't see any cupboards where you store your shoes. I was thinking you could change the side table to something smaller and add one chair. By the way why is there some sort of yellow chord that runs from behind one end of the table to the other?
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 7:05PM
hollifields
The rug would be a winner if you pulled a strong color from it with a nice chair. I agree with the previous comments to improve the decor and table area.
The lamp cords can easily be hidden taped behind the table then run them straight down the table leg to the floor and up to plug so you only see the "up to plug".
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 7:37PM
grobby
I think the rug is pretty, but too large for the foyer. Makes it look like a full room. Agree with decor being too matchy, matchy. Can you show another picture with a full view of the wall behind table.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 8:06PM
Jenny Granato Sessions
Thank you everyone. I've tried to de-matchy matchy things. Here is another view.
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 8:10PM
Jenny Granato Sessions
Another picture. I don't think there's room for a chair as some of you have suggested.
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 8:11PM
3lindakj
Wow VERY different view....very. I thought the entrance was from the right only.
Still think you need greenery below. ( would help with those unsightly cords.) Turn on the lamps and not the overhead, and lets see that. The mirror height looks correct now too. I think the rug is perfect. I bet a pop of color in that blue vase would really help. It is just too sterile right now.
Looks like you have antiques. I still think a diminutive chair placed in that foyer would look great. Hard to tell by photo what is your true space.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 8:32PM
abbyjean
What a great foyer and thanks for the extra pics. The change you made on the top of the table is working. Is there blue in the rug? I am guessing blue is the darker color we see. If it is, the top is done. If not, try to find a color from the rug to use there. As for the bottom, as I am sure you have also hidden the cords by now, do you have something long and low?????
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 8:36PM
Jenny Granato Sessions
Thanks everyone! Yes, the darker color in the center of this rug is blue. Also, the cords are hidden (the problem is that one lamp cord is too short to reach the outlet). I guess my solution is to have the cord lengthened at a lamp shop? Right now, both lamps are plugged into a power strip that is under the furniture. Also, I already have my eye on a larger blue planter for under this piece. Here is another view with lamps on this time. I appreciate everyone's critique!!
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 4:43AM
leelee
Blue and white pots would look great with your rug and tie in with your existing planter.
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 5:36AM
rickster88
Try taking the lamp furthest away from the power outlet. I think you could get away with having only one lamp. And it's free - no cost involved in lengthening the cord.

Do you have a runner in your house? You could try that and see if it matches that area.

Just giving you alternatives without spending
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 6:30AM
abbyjean
YAY! The pot matches the rug! Wondering what you will put in the planter on the bottom shelf???? Hate to overwhelm the space with too many artificial flowers, and no source of light for real plants.

Power strip under is perfect....cannot even see it. Just make sure the cords go right behind each leg and are hidden from view as much as possible so they do not distract from your room.
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 6:49AM
Jenny Granato Sessions
I think the picture is making the entry look a little bigger than it actually is. The rug in question is 6 x 9 and pretty much fills the area of the room. As many of you requested to put chairs in the room; here is a picture with chairs, what do you think?
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 5:51PM
Jenny Granato Sessions
Another view. Chairs or not? Thank you!
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 5:53PM
armygirl1987
The chair on the right maybe but not liking how the chair on the left.
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 6:00PM
Keitha
Love the rug and your accessories but I agree with others that the console is the problem. It looks totally different in your second set of pictures when viewing it from the end but the front view of the table makes me want to see something different, more substantive and more interesting but great start!
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 6:00PM
Ann
I think it looks great with or without the chairs and with either version of accessories. Nice job!
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 6:34PM
rickster88
The chair on the left doesn't really fit. The chair on the right looks like you're going to cram someone in a corner. He or she will be knocking elbows with the wall and the table. Anyway of removing the side of the table? I see a joinery mark there
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 7:28PM
Trying to figure out a color for area rug in entry way.
I need to get a 5x7 rug for the entry way in my house....
missangel99
Entry Way Rug
I need a 4x6 rug for this space? Any suggestions?...
Amanda Konersmann
Exterior paint color schemes
I'm looking for ideas of exterior paint colors that...
meg524
Has anyone installed lg hausys aria quartz?
I am looking for photos of lg hausys aria quartz countertops...
lcs328
Need help with photo wall template
We have a traditional tudor home. There's a lot of...
calport
drawback with one drain sink no disposal??? get another sink???
Just bought large undermount for kitchen but have disposal...
elainegennett
Microwave trim kit won't fit, but is it even necessary?
I just got a Kitchenaid 24" Convection Microwave (Model...
loliz