Any regrets ordering white painted, shaker, maple kitchen cabinets?
glinda80164
February 2, 2014 in Other
Please advise if painted white, factory ordered, maple kitchen cabinets in a shaker or similar style is an impractical idea. I love the look, but am afraid of premature chipping and staining.
Rockin' Fine Finish
This question depends on the quality of the finish what brands are you comparing
   February 3, 2014 at 8:01AM
glinda80164
I am looking at painted maple cabinets by Norcraft or Brookwood purchased through Direct Buy. I have some 5 year old painted white maple Brookwood cabinets in my bathroom that have a few peeling spots and stains whereas my stained and glazed kitchen cabinets by Brookwood have no such wear marks. I love the look of the white kitchen cabinetry in pictures on this site, but hesitate to put them in my new condo kitchen seeing how they are not holding up as well as my stained and glazed ones. Would getting painted and glazed white kitchen cabinets hold up better than just painted ones or is the glazing just a decorative finish? Should I consider thermofoil? I want a classic look that won't look outdated in a few years and won't require a lot of upkeep, if that's possible. I would truly appreciate any advice/input to help me make a decision I won't regret.
   February 3, 2014 at 9:09AM
Rockin' Fine Finish
Glaze is decorative . What's the warranty on the cabinets . Cabinets with a high grade finish won't chip or peel
   February 3, 2014 at 10:26AM
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Do some Houzz searches on this topic. There is a lot of information on this subject.
   February 3, 2014 at 11:49AM
Help with Curb Appeal!
The siding is not changing (seen on 2nd level). What...
Fireplace ideas?
Plan to remove kerosene stove and and go back to wood...
need help with stairs ( exterior) leading to front porch
Want 5' tread ( 4 of them), 3 stringers, not sure about...
Hood size versus Range size
Is it problematic to have a 36" range with a 30" freestanding...