Overall house size
joy1044
How close/far can a house be to the property lines?
jn3344
It all depends on local codes. For example my primary residence specifies 12 feet. But my other property in a different state has different requirements. It can make a difference if your property is zoned residential or commercial or something else. You will need to research your local zoning authority.
February 3, 2014 at 5:37AM   
DMH DESIGN
My suggestion is to hire a design professional in your area. The Houzz Pros section is replete with many options. Many will give initial consults that offer general design and permitting guidelines at a fixed fee for a 60-90 min. on-site meeting. Those in your area can likely answer most of your design and land use questions readily and accurately, given their jurisdictional experience in your area. As Jn mentions, there is much to consider, as it isn't just "what are the bldg. setbacks," as it is "what type of structure is allowed, of what square footage, height, and FAR," as an example. Happy Houzzing.
February 3, 2014 at 5:57AM   
What color should I paint the hallway alcove?
I am stumped, Houzzers. Behold our upstairs hallway....
Bedrom Update
Here is the original thread.. http://www.houzz.com/discussions/535749/Bedroom-Help. I...
Ideas for porch divider - ceiling to floor
We recently moved to a twin home (one with black front...
Mid Century Modern - Teak table and chairs value
I have the opportunity to purchase a teak dining room...
Tile for backsplash - which would you choose?
We have narrowed our choices down to the two pictured...