Kitchen remodel. Any suggestions for nice backsplash and wall color to
jpetoniak
Have colonial cram granite and hickory cabinets .. Not sure if I should use travertine or glass tiles??
hayleydaniels
Go shopping and buy a couple of sample of tiles that you like so you can lay them on your countertop to see what you think. That's the only way you're going to know for sure what will work, and that's what you want--a tile that works well with your countertop. Good luck.
February 3, 2014 at 9:17PM     
Kevin Strader
Your granite looks similar to the Colonial Gold we used in our remodel. We went with a mosaic backsplash with cream taupe, dark brown glass tiles and brown granite.
February 4, 2014 at 8:23AM     
HI -- I think you should continue with the same granite for the backsplash . That is what is being done now . Much nicer cleaner less cluttered look . More high end .
February 4, 2014 at 8:28AM     
Kevin Strader
Here's what it looks like with your cabinets. It looks like it would be too busy but all the colors in the granite are also in the tile.
February 4, 2014 at 8:30AM     
Kim Weatherford
If it was my kitchen I would add some color- maybe a green glass?
February 4, 2014 at 8:32AM     
Cabinets & Granite Direct
What do you think of these two backsplash as below?
February 4, 2014 at 8:34AM     
Megan Summer Studios
I would do some neutrals. Either a multi-color glass tile or a matte stone in several tones. One option is to do a neutral for most of it, with a band of colored tile in the middle, as depicted in the second link. I would be careful to not go with anything that is too busy because your cabinet color does not support it. But, most important, just pick what you like! Best wishes!
http://www.remodelaholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/glass-accents-in-a-tile-backsplash-SoPo-Cottage-featured-on-Remodelaholic.jpg
http://www.top4x4.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/uncategorized-beautiful-glass-subway-tiles-for-your-kitchen-modern-kitchen-tile-pattern-backsplash-design-ideas-stylish-glass-subway-tiles-for-your-kitchen-suitable-to-contemporary-design.jpg
http://www.nextelements.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/white-wall-cabinet-furniture-plus-white-floating-shelf-and-neutral-tile-backsplash-960x637.jpg
February 4, 2014 at 8:34AM     
Sustainable Dwellings
I used travertine 2x4 tiles and then copper distressed backsplash over the sink. I think for your application glass would look nicer. Use some imagination and make it a nice focal point.
February 4, 2014 at 8:38AM   
call the guy handyman
Glass tile would make it stand out. It sets off cabinets beautifully & will not go out out of date as fast.
February 4, 2014 at 8:44AM     
Hyde Evans Design
Your granite is busy enough , so keep it simple. A subway tile that matches the background color of the granite (off white?) would look great
February 4, 2014 at 8:48AM     
jpetoniak
Thank you I am going shopping Thursday for the tile. Love all the ideas.
February 4, 2014 at 4:44PM   
Need Help Refreshing Exterior Of Our House
Our house is a plain, gambrel-style house that was...
I need a lot of help! We just bought a house - the front is so blah!!
The brick is great! We need to re-roof and not sure...
Unsure about knocking down a wall.
We have a formal dining room adjacent to 10 x 10 kitchen....
Expand Balcony DEck
Hello, At present we have a 8’ X 16’ balcony...
Need help for my bedroom
Hi, I'm designing our bedroom which we will be living...