Color all around
eskcs
I have a kitchen and nook, entranceway, and great room that are all one area, and I can't decide on a wall color that will look good throughout these areas. Any suggestions?
Engrav's Decorating
Can you do close up shots or articulate the colors in your chairs and sofa, area rug, counter top and tile backsplash. The photo looks are though the chairs might have some gray/green? The counter top - black? The backsplash and floor in kitchen - browns? The fireplace, grays and tans? Just checking. You want the living room color to show off your furniture that sits against the wall as well as set off your fireplace. Close up shots with a description of these colors will help ALOT. Thank you!
February 5, 2014 at 6:52pm      Thanked by eskcs
eskcs
My camera doesn't take the best pics, but the backsplash is a light beige I would say, the countertop is black with some gray, cream, olive in it, the fireplace is light grays and tans, the floor seems a bit orangey, the area rug has olive, burgundy and gold tones, and the couch and chair are a shade of olive. Probably have too many colors going on. Always so hard to work with someone else's choices. We only replaced the countertop with a quartz product, added the custom stonework around the fireplace, and painted the bookcases on either side brown (they were white). Maybe we still need to do more than just paint the walls to make these areas come together properly.
February 5, 2014 at 7:37pm     
eskcs
P.S. The tiled floor in the kitchen and nook are light brown with a bit of cream and olive.
February 5, 2014 at 7:39pm   
Engrav's Decorating
Thank you for the pictures and descriptions. I would think a gray with undertones of green might warm things up quite nicely. You might want to take arm covers or cushions from your chairs and sofa to the local paint store and have them help you get a good start. You need to be lighter than your fireplace and chair that sits against the wall. Once you look at swatches with your furniture, it will all come together. The gray/green will also set off the richness of your cupboards. Good luck! You have a beautiful home.
February 5, 2014 at 7:50pm      Thanked by eskcs
Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
What about Benjamin Moore's Grant Beige. It's got a warm hue, however it is neutral enough to flow in all areas of your main level floor.
http://www.storiesofahouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/more-grant-beige_f.jpg
Here is an example of Grant Beige color used throughout this open concept house.
February 5, 2014 at 8:31pm      Thanked by eskcs
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
NEED HELP WITH MY KITCHEN
I have bisque colored cabinets can I use honed virginia...
Rug selection
Want to decorate with a SW theme, but hesitate using...
Need help with wall paint
I just purchased the pecan praline swirl hardwood floor...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...