Golden rules of interior design: help wanted
tudordavies
February 6, 2014 in Design Dilemma
Hi,

My name is Tudor and I am writing a blog about the golden rules of interior design. Would members be open to providing me with their Golden Rule, the one piece of advice they stick to or would recommend others to follow, or perhaps just a sound principle they have learnt and now swear by.

Basically I want to compile these into one blog post, giving the best advice. If you would help me it would be much appreciated. All I need is your quote (50-150 words), your name and your location.

I will also give credit to the forum for helping me to write the piece, as well as all contributors.

Thanks,

Tudor
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Mark
There are so many rules of thumb when it comes to decorating but just to start you off I would say that one rule I have is to never buy a whole "set" of furniture so that it looks like everything you bought was purchased in a day of shopping. The "matchy matchy rule I guess you could call it :)
February 6, 2014 at 2:44am   
castellanol
Less is more. Too much of anything is not good. This goes for furniture, accessories, and number of finishes when renovating.
February 6, 2014 at 2:47am   
tudordavies
Wanted to share the final article with you, thanks for your comments and for helping to put this together: http://www.terrysblinds.co.uk/infographics/the-whos-who-of-interior-design-infographic/
April 18, 2014 at 7:46am